Seeking advice for 1999 Slave Cylinder / "Throw Out Bearing"

dalcini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,
New to the forum. I have a replica Shelby Cobra with a 1999 Viper T-56 tranny in it. I've had intermittent clutch issues in the past (even upgraded from a Centerforce Dual Friction to a Mcleod Twin Disk about 8 years ago) and upon disassembly for an engine rebuild this summer, it appears the slave cyllinder (p/n 4642581 "Throw Out Bearing" originally purchased new from Chrysler dealership) has been leaking. From what I gather on this and other Viper forums, the OEM slave cyllinders from this general time period are/were problematic; possibly even causing some of my past clutch issues.

Google search for the 4642581 throw out bearing part number doesn't yield too many results, except for the part interchange page linked below - and I'm not sure which of these replacements to trust. Since my car is apart, I wonder if any of you good Viper folks have any advice/recommendations for a compatible and better aftermarket unit for the 4642581 throw out bearing?

Link to part interchange page I ran across:
http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/12584676/chrysler-4642581.html#interchange

Any comments/advice greatly appreciated!
Danny

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I got my from Tator - might not be the cheapest for a non-
member, but you can be sure you'll get the right part.

snakeskin95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better is the HRB unit from toddy at Bad Boyzz Garage…. rebuildable would it ever need it, works smooth, bleeds ez and it’s is built tuff…

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can run a C5 Corvette slave, just swap out the fittings with the slave you pull out of the car.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets