Suspension upgrade on 2006 Coupe: ACR | KW | Moton

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think this question has been asked hundred of times. So lets ask it again :)

Here is my problem :
Road and some race tracks are very bad condition in Quebec.
I drive my 2006 Coupe on the Street and also on track.
Recently I bottomed out in the rear several times and domaged my splashes.

At present I run on PS2 and I don't plan to put stickier tires on the car.

The rear stock spring rate is way too low for my driving style and the bad roads.

I need a heavy duty good suspension set that will last long without blowing up on the first bump at 130mph.

The KW2 V2 suspension has the right spring rate (650lb in the rear) but I fear that it will leak.
Are KW2 V2 suspension top quality ?

Between the ACR 2008 and the Moton suspension which one is "better" ?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had Motons on my '09 for three years. I bought them used. Never had a problem with them. Initially went with 500f/700r spring combo and it rode better than stock. Springs are cheap.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have KW. Great street shocks. They ride and handle far better than stock, and you can set your ride height easily.

However they are not so great as track shocks. They tend to have a bounce that can unweight your car.

For track they are Penskey, Moton, Motion Control, for best use.

Many need to try out different springs to see what they need for track conditions and driving styles.

Reaction score
The MCS shocks although expensive will last a long time in most any condition and as stated the ability to tailor your rates to your liking is cheap.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I now know what shocks you are using but still I have no idea about the différence between the ride quality and the construction quality.

Reaction score
The ride quality of the MCS is hands down the best there is and that is because of their high quality they go hand in hand IMO.

Thanks guys, I now know what shocks you are using but still I have no idea about the différence between the ride quality and the construction quality.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets