Tators Monster part DEUX

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As most of you know, after I bought my gen 3, within the first 500 miles (and mind you it was 466 to drive it home from MD) #10 connecting rod went on me, needed a complete rebuild, so I went to the only shop that touches my car, Tators.

Decided this was the time to do anything and every I wanted, forged everything ect, Chuck had the heads ported, ported and matched intake, throttle body, full exhaust, new tires.

atleast thats how it started.

Im sure I drove Chuck insane, every week for so, he would get a call thats sounded like this "Chuck I had 4 more boxes sent to your shop lets do these too" from NX express kits, to B&m shifters to chrome and back around to heater resisters and everywhere in between.

Chuck even sent the wheels out for me to be painted and pin striped.

Well, I pick up my baby yesterday, OMG the feeling is like nothing I can explain, what Chuck, Rob and Robbie did to this car is nothing shy of a work of art and pure genius.

they put in so much work to make this car perfect and it sure as hell is, they went over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure everything was on the money.

however, not to take light away from the car but just as meaningful (if not more) Chuck really REALLY helped me get things rolling with trying to get this set right with the dealership who screwed me from MD, he wanted to do all he could to help me set that terrible situation right, and without him I would not be in the process of (hopefully) getting something back for that.

Chuck is a busy guy (mostly because we ALL call and bother him with our questions lol) and he took the time to call me JUST to see how I was making out with the dealership, cant say enough about everyone at Tators, I have known chuck for 10 years now (holy hell I feel old now) and everytime I go there it gets better and better and THIS time takes the cake WOW what a job guys.

Thank all of you at Tators so much

time to break this beast in ad look for some boost (because thats what we built her for)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No surprise, Chuck is THE man! How about some pics of that beast? Congrats!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch them cold roads...don't want to hear any "deer" stories.
Good luck with it!

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol trust me im watching.

besides cant go too crazy its still break in time.

I actually dont know how to post pics LOL

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol trust me im watching.

besides cant go too crazy its still break in time.

I actually dont know how to post pics LOL

Easiest way-- go to photobucket.com (sign up for a free account if you don't have one). Upload pics, then copy the "img code" link that photobucket will list. Paste that link in VCA thread. Done. PM me if you need any help. :)

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck is a great guy. Ive never met him, be he has answered all my questions patiently. And has always given great advice, a real diamond to the Viper community

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
5 mins after I posted this he called me just to double check I was 100% happy.

I love everything about Tators.

Funny my GF met chuck for the first time 2 weeks ago and said to me "wow he goes SOOOO far out of his way for you" I said thats Chuck, he does that for everyone. lol

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I stopped by Tator's garage last summer while driving back home from Boston. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had regarding a car. He helped me get everything I needed for a total fluid change for me '05 vert. He patiently told me how to do each fluid change( brakes,tranny,clutch,diff.,coolant). With his instruction the changes went great. It's sure nice that he is there. Chrysler should be damn glad he helps us and therefore make a Viper ownership more attractive. It's amazing that Chrysler shut him down given all that he does to promote Viper ownership and the subsequent profits of Chrysler. Shutting down Tator's Dodge is just another example of Obama's total stupidity, as the shut down was done while Obama controlled Chrysler. No independent business would have ever made such a stupid mistake--Remember this in Nov.---Dave

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you. Chuck Tator is one of those people you meet and you think "why can't everybody be as nice as him?" I destroyed my Viper so I can no longer send business his way but when I'm back in the saddle you can be sure his hands will be the only ones working on my vehicle. I live maybe 60 miles from him.

You might want to reconsider your comment about Obama's total stupidity. As much as you hate the guy you have to come to the realization that he probably has no knowledge of a certain Dodge dealership in New York. Yes, he's the president and yes the government took over Chrysler but do you really think Obama put much thought into every detail of the decisions? People work for him and advise him, and he has a few other items on his plate that he has to deal with.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go Stugots

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Sky Bob--
Please call Chuck Tator and ask about the dealers that were closed--seems that every dealer, with no exception, had one and only one thing in common--they all contributed to the Republican National Committee during the 2008 elections. Some of those dealers were very high volume dealers in very attractive areas. There is no money saving feature at all to the parent company in closing dealers. They are independent businesses that pay their own way at no cost to the parent company. Dealers actually have to pay a portion of the company advertising costs over and above their own advertising costs. I was in the business. I know some of the closed dealers personally. There is a major law suit working it's way through the courts concerning this. That's why I stand firmly behind my Obama statements. As I say, call Chuck and get informed!!--Dave

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Jon.

I dont take the best pics, but trust me they dont do her justice, shes a dream

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sky Bob--
Please call Chuck Tator and ask about the dealers that were closed--seems that every dealer, with no exception, had one and only one thing in common--they all contributed to the Republican National Committee during the 2008 elections. Some of those dealers were very high volume dealers in very attractive areas. There is no money saving feature at all to the parent company in closing dealers. They are independent businesses that pay their own way at no cost to the parent company. Dealers actually have to pay a portion of the company advertising costs over and above their own advertising costs. I was in the business. I know some of the closed dealers personally. There is a major law suit working it's way through the courts concerning this. That's why I stand firmly behind my Obama statements. As I say, call Chuck and get informed!!--Dave

Okay, thanks. I had not heard this before.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never driven a car with NX, do you really get that boost feeling like you see in the movies or is it a gradual feeling? Your car looks great, and the wheels go really well with the car :1up:

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will always be pi%$ed off that when the time came for me to be able to buy my new 6 cyl Challenger, Tator was closed for business. He gave me awesome cust service when my damper unscrewed off my Viper and I pledged my first brand new car would be bought from him and Chrysler shut him down. Sooner or later, I'll take the RT/10 to South Salem and have Tator freshen it up.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Naw , you couldn't drive Chuck insane, he is already there -- that is why we all love him. He is insanely crazy for Vipers and just another cool example of what can be done in the little town of S. Salem. Love the wheels and I am sure Chuck treated your beast like he does everyone else's , like it is an adopted child. Nice story and good reason why we always suggest our customers in New York go see the Speedmeister of Spuds!!!!

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will always be pi%$ed off that when the time came for me to be able to buy my new 6 cyl Challenger, Tator was closed for business. He gave me awesome cust service when my damper unscrewed off my Viper and I pledged my first brand new car would be bought from him and Chrysler shut him down. Sooner or later, I'll take the RT/10 to South Salem and have Tator freshen it up.

amen to that! Forget about Clint Eastwood how cool of a commercial would it have been to bring the cameras to South Salem. Interview the Tator family, tour the incredible shop and show the heritage behind the brand. I am still not over that move. Not easily forgotten. :usa:

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyones loves the wheels, truth is I cant take ANY credit for it, that was all Chucks idea.

turns out its one of my favorite parts of the car, GREAT CALL by the Wiz on that one.

as far as NX, I have not had it tuned for it yet so at this point Chuck and Rob installed but and when we get a tune it will be active.

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
amen to that! Forget about Clint Eastwood how cool of a commercial would it have been to bring the cameras to South Salem. Interview the Tator family, tour the incredible shop and show the heritage behind the brand. I am still not over that move. Not easily forgotten. :usa:

yeah what Dodge did there makes me sick to my stomach, if they actually took a half of a second to see what Tators is like (and not just a name on a list) they never would have done what they did.

only good thing is now he can legally work on any brand vehicle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21