Testimony to 2 great years with Viper community (long & mushy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't make a new year's resolution again this year (
redface.gif
), but if I had, it would've been to praise those who did good things for me as vociferously as I complain about those who didn't. It's always easy to criticize when things go poorly, but we often don't take the time to say thanks when things go well. So, in that spirit, my kudos to (in no particular order, excpet #1):

(1) My wife for putting up with my weird car obsession. (Too bad she'll never see this....)
(2) Pemberton and Woodhouse for being consummate gentlemen, friends, and completely trustworthy car dealers (oxymoron but true in this case!). They're truly a pleasure to deal with (and I wasted a lot of Bill's time before I ever bought anything from him).
(3) Tom Welch. This guy stands behind his products 100%, which apparently doesn't happen 100% of the time in the tuner community. He is timely, he provides personal service whether you're calling to praise or complain, and he stands by his word. Sure, he's got strong opinions, but who among us don't?
smile.gif
Apart from selling good products, he's a real hands-on enthusiast.
(4) Dan Cragin. This guy knows his stuff. He'd be the last man on stage for the Viper Tech "Weakest Link" episode. He definitely goes out of his way for his customers, and I suspect from his perspective, we're not an easy bunch to please....
(5) VCA for sponsoring this site, being a phenomenal consumer adovcate, and having dedicated leaders who truly work to help and serve their members.
(6) Dodge for...well, having even produced the product to begin with! And for sponsoring VOI, etc. etc.
(7) JonB for being the guru in the highest sense of the word. Has anybody ever stumped this guy?
(8) John Purner for being yet another guy whose ear you can bend and who can provide you with a wealth of information...and who offers a great product with great service.
(9) Unitrax. These guys know their stuff and offer great products and service.
(10) Luke at Tire Rack. Always ultra-helpful!

This is just the list of those with whom I've had the pleasure of dealing. (My apologies for any omissions!) Let me add to that the list of friends that I have as a result of Viper ownership:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>SoCal Rebell -- gracious loser
tongue.gif
Ok, just kidding, not so gracious
tongue.gif

<LI>Mike Brunton -- charming and wise beyond his years
<LI>Joe Anderson -- are you still lurking out there somewhere?
<LI>Ken Adelberg -- thanks for all your mentoring!
<LI>Paul Mumford -- all I can do is dream!
<LI>Brad Chang -- just a great guy in all respects
<LI>Kid97GTS -- please talk some smack to me
tongue.gif

<LI>Jarrod -- the biggest enthusiast out there -- I hope he owns one some day!
<LI>Mark O -- another great guy from New England
<LI>Mark Barbacano -- he and I became Viper guys around the same time
<LI>Maurice Liang -- and his mats!
<LI>BobK898 -- very friendly guy I hope to meet when I go to MO this spring
<LI>2charmed and Ulysses -- my buddies from further south!
[/list]
Again, my apologies to those whom I've forgotten in my haste to write this note late at night. Something tells me you don't get this sort of litany in other car communities. I sure didn't get it in years of Lotus ownership.

The bottom line is -- we all have our faults, but the Viper community is one hell of a great group of people. I look forward to meeting and dealing with more of you in the years to come!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words, Mike... I really enjoyed reading it. I can honestly say I haven't met a "Viper guy" that I haven't liked, you being no exception, and I have great memories of meeting up with you and your charming wife over the summer.

I look forward to creating more of these memories in the future with you and other folks in this great club! Looking forward to a great time at VOI7! I wish you and your family the very best in '02!

-Mike Brunton

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mike, it's Ryan way up in Canada!

Thought you were "one" of them guys after flaming me about not deserving a viper, but after getting a chance to swap emails a bit, your all right!
Checking out a few Bluw/Whites and the purchase is soon to come, hoping to give ya a buzz for some things to look for when it's to the offer stage!
Take care, looking forward to adding some lines after my name........
Ryan

OP
OP
V

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Dave, Tom, and Mike. All the best to you guys in '02 as well!

Ryan, I wasn't the one who said you didn't "deserve" a Viper. I just got the impression you were over here ragging on Vipers, so I said don't buy one! I know that was a little harsh/judgmental.
redface.gif
Anyway, good luck with your upcoming purchase, and I will be glad to offer whatever help I can, as I'm sure many around here would!
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960