Thinking 373!!!!

1KoolAsp 14TA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have the New t/a, and the gears are awfully long , any body do a gear change ????? thinking 373 gears , better seat in the pants , i will give up on some top end, just looking for it to pull harder, any thoughts before i forge ahead ???? and get her done !!!!, did 355"s in my modded gen 2, and they were asesome.

Last edited:

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only issue is that it hurts the cruise a little.

Have the New t/a, and the gears are awfully long , any body do a gear change ????? thinking 373 gears , for better seat in the pants fun, with still plenty of top end, just looking for it to pull harder, any thoughts before i forge ahead ???? and get her done !!!!

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1KoolAsp 14TA, haha.. I've been thinking the same! I have a Silver 14 SRT & the first gear seems to be a pain in the ass(Way to tall)... 3.73 might be the answer. I would to like see some ET times from 0 to 60 & 1/4M pulls?. Also, waiting to see from Woodhouse some dyno pulls on the exhaust MODS? They say this is a great improvement? But don't seem to back it up...

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First gear is long, but thats in the quest for a good 0 to 60 time, no shifting to 60.:)

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.73 would wake the the car up in all other driving situations .:usa:

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I can supply you with a 3.73 or 3.91 gear with everything needed to install it. 6th gear will feel much shorter on the hwy. We are working on a higher 6th gear-lower rear end ratio package.

PeerBlock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock gearing is fine IMO, and being able to hit 60 without shifting is nice...why mess with perfection?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 1st gear Is like with sportbikes, they get wrapped around the 0-100 number on performance and so 1st gear goes to 101. Not the most fun for tooling around the street, or even most road courses I ride, always play with the gearing. Shame it's not as easy on the cars as swapping a sprocket in 3 mins.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can supply you with a 3.73 or 3.91 gear with everything needed to install it. 6th gear will feel much shorter on the hwy. We are working on a higher 6th gear-lower rear end ratio package.

Taller 6th gear w/ 3.73 rear end would be the way to go for me. Please keep me posted Dan.