Top end accel.

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering what it is about porsches, ferr., lambs and other exotic cars that help them accel. on the top end so well compared to the viper (stock). It seems like the viper is good up to 140-150 and then it takes longer for it to accel to top end speed (180-+) then its competition.

I was reading an article about a ling. modded z06 putting out 625 horses and the 08 viper putting out 600 hp. The z06 had a higher top end and the viper took longer 11 seconds longer to get to 180. I know its a modded car vs stock but 11 sec is a lot. I also have seen many stock porsches and ferr. have more top it punch then vipers. Again, just wondering.

OP
OP
S

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Aerodynamics play a part but, for example, porsche used turbos and from my understanding provide good top end performance. But how would they compare to "all motor" with similar hp/tq on the top end.

With the vipers 3.07 gears I would assume its good for top end speed but does not reach it as quick as some other top performance. So excuse my ignorance but I am just trying to understand what all contributes to accel. to top ends speeds besides aerody. and gearing.

There is more concern with mid and top end accel. now then in the past when a good 0-60 was what most cared about.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your also forgetting power to weight ratio(a Zo6 is hundreds of lbs lighter than a viper.)A modded Zo6 is the same power ,much lighter ,better gearing and aeros so it should beat a 08 Viper up top.