Upgrade Help.... or am i on the right track????

VIPERCON305

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wanted to get a little help or to see if im on the right track.

I have an 03 Vert. Supercharged... Currently on the Car is is the Paxton Kit with Bellenger Headers and Single Cat exhaust .

I dynoed the car about a month ago and the car made 697hp to the wheel on a dyno jet dyno

I dont drag race the car but i do , do alot of roll racing from 50-70 mph up. and i usually start from a 3rd gear roll. but i wanted a little more power and the car to run a little cleaner and safer since i still am on a stock block.

So here is what i have ordered so far and am about to install:

Roe Racing Sct Tune (2 tune setup, one for Without **** & one for **** with advanced timing)

Roe Racing 69lb Injectors

Roe Racing Twin Intank Fuel Pump (Getting rid of the Paxton FMU & 2 Fuel pump upfront setup)

Roe Racing ****. Injection Kit

3:55 Gears

AEM Digital Wideband Air/Fuel & Boost Gauge in one (Part #30-4900)

Do you guys think im on the right track & am i missing anything??

Also one last question??? CLUTCH??? im currently on the stock clutch but my transmission just to a Sh*t.... its getting stuck in 4th gear and cant get out of gear. all other gears will shift fine but 4th is bad.

So im taking the transmission out to have rebuilt. Question is should i put back a stock clutch or upgrade??

Thanks guys for your help

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The **** kit is a good thing and will help you make power reliably but don't push it too far. Deft go for a clutch upgrade since tranny will be out. I would also look into a tranny cooler since you are in fl and is already going thru the first tranny. As far as the 3:55s, they will help you a lot if you are racing starting in 3rd gear! IMO you need to be in 2nd gear! If traction is limited, then invest in that before going to the gears!!! Good luck and keep it safe.

OP
OP
V

VIPERCON305

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for your help....

Which clutch would you recommend ??? Maybe stage 3???

And you are right a couple people having been telling me start in 2nd instead!!! But the car is a little scary starting in second.. Lol lol

But as far as traction , I have brand new PS2 on the car... Or should I switch to a drag radial??

Thanks again for your resond and help

The **** kit is a good thing and will help you make power reliably but don't push it too far. Deft go for a clutch upgrade since tranny will be out. I would also look into a tranny cooler since you are in fl and is already going thru the first tranny. As far as the 3:55s, they will help you a lot if you are racing starting in 3rd gear! IMO you need to be in 2nd gear! If traction is limited, then invest in that before going to the gears!!! Good luck and keep it safe.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, thanks for your help....

Which clutch would you recommend ??? Maybe stage 3???

And you are right a couple people having been telling me start in 2nd instead!!! But the car is a little scary starting in second.. Lol lol

But as far as traction , I have brand new PS2 on the car... Or should I switch to a drag radial??

Thanks again for your resond and help

Before deciding to get drag radials, will your car hook in 2nd gear? If the answer is no (pretty sure it is) then get the drag radials! starting in 2nd won't be so scary since you will hook like a **** and go! If you are doing roll on racing, I can't see anything else being more important than traction:2tu:
As far as clutch selection, I can't comment on the spec 3 because I've never used it! Do a forum search.. Good luck.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wanted to get a little help or to see if im on the right track.

I have an 03 Vert. Supercharged... Currently on the Car is is the Paxton Kit with Bellenger Headers and Single Cat exhaust .

I dynoed the car about a month ago and the car made 697hp to the wheel on a dyno jet dyno

I dont drag race the car but i do , do alot of roll racing from 50-70 mph up. and i usually start from a 3rd gear roll. but i wanted a little more power and the car to run a little cleaner and safer since i still am on a stock block.

You should be starting in 2nd gear at these speeds.

So here is what i have ordered so far and am about to install:

Roe Racing Sct Tune (2 tune setup, one for Without **** & one for **** with advanced timing)

I would not mess with the tuning at this point with stock pistons.
Doug Levin does a nice job of maximizing power without blowing engines.

Roe Racing 69lb Injectors

More than you need at your current power level.

Roe Racing Twin Intank Fuel Pump (Getting rid of the Paxton FMU & 2 Fuel pump upfront setup)

Again, I would not mess with the fuel system at your power level.

Roe Racing ****. Injection Kit

Not a fan of **** injection and you are about at the limit of the stock pistons. If you screw this up, you will be buying a new engine.

3:55 Gears

Not a good idea at 700 rwhp.

AEM Digital Wideband Air/Fuel & Boost Gauge in one (Part #30-4900)

This is a good idea which you should do before messing with your current tune.

Do you guys think im on the right track & am i missing anything??

Yes. I read below that you are running PS2's. Try the Hoosier A6's on the rears for the street. No good in the wet (nothing is) but very good in the dry with excellent handling and excelling straight line grip.

Some drag radials have very soft sidewalls and don't handle well at high speed, so be careful here. If you go to a sticky drag radial, you will blow your diff and maybe your trans if you aren't careful.....and the OE clutch will slip.

Also one last question??? CLUTCH??? im currently on the stock clutch but my transmission just to a Sh*t.... its getting stuck in 4th gear and cant get out of gear. all other gears will shift fine but 4th is bad.

Could need a trans rebuild. How long since you changed your trans fluid? Is there metal in the trans? This would be a good time to upgrade to the Gen IV trans. Much better shifting and stronger too for not too much more $$$$.

So im taking the transmission out to have rebuilt. Question is should i put back a stock clutch or upgrade??

A Spec stage 3 will easily hold your current power level. This is what I run in my Paxton car. I would stick with the OE flywheel.

Thanks guys for your help

See above in red.

Good luck,

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets