VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

My Dyno Numbers:

Smooth tubes/filters: 412 HP, 435 TQ
After Magic HP Beans: 490HP, 510 TQ

;) ;) :2tu: :eek:

Your IQ Numbers:

Before Magic beans 92
After Magic beans 92

So much for Magic beans. :rolleyes: :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Look as far as temp #'s I do not know never did a before or after temp test so I coulden't tell ya but as far as the dyno numbers I think its pretty impressive.

As far as the "feels like 50 hp" I would have to say I did feel SOME SOTP but not 50hp.

Over all im happy with it and it does look nice.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys im really sorry to bump this BUT as many of you know I did buy a Vipair and I did dyno before and after and I have the results (and it does happen to be on a stock 99RT exactly what it was tested on in the first place)Well I posted my numbers before the Vipair which were 437 RWHP and 468 RWTQ BUT I added 70mm TB's and smoothies since then but i did redyno with them pre Vipair and made 461 RWHP and 472 RWTQ (which means I gained 24 RWHP and 4 RWTQ with accufab TB's and Roe smoothies.having 461 RWHP and 472 RWTQ Now I added the Vipairand got 480 RWHP and 475 RWTQ grand total of 19 RWHP and 3 RWTQ added by the Vipair and it looks awesome as well, I think it was well worth the $200 bucks and even my dumb a$$ installed it with no problems and i am no DIY'r.BTW the next mods I need to have installed (Chuck T.)are the VEC 2 and my jesel rockers.
Amazing, you gained 19rwhp even though your hood was probably open for both tests and had a large fan blowing into the front removing any chance of heated air entering the airbox in either configuration ?
You must be registered for see images
..And you're one of the few, if any to gain horsepower after adding 70mm TBs! No offense, just some facts. Virtually no one has gained after adding 70mm TBs-especially to a stock engine. If your hood was open in the front during the dyno runs, how could there be any difference?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually the hood was closed and it was the same exact dyno I used for my first #'s.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So why are you gaining hp from the 70mm TBs when almost everyone else says no gain?

Seriously, this has been done many times with no gain.

And you say you can feel it? You can feel how much hp??

Out of 460 hp or so you can feel a couple of more???

What would that get you an 1/4 mile, a perhaps half a tenth second?
You can feel that???

Get real.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well Joe first of all im not sure if the gain was with the smoothies or the TB's to be honest because I put both on at the same time, I had to I got the 3" smooth tubes.

It gained 19hp if you can't feel 19hp then your not trying,as for the 1/4 mile I have no idea I have never tracked my car.

I can feel some but not 50hp.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe I just want to let you know I am greatful that you do try and tell us what you think because I do know you are only trying to help,I know you only have good intentions here and im not questioning that in the least.

With that being said look i have nothing to do with this company, I stand to gain nothing either way so use your head,im the one who just paid $200 bucks for this product if it truely and honestly did not work why would I come on here and praise the product??
If it infact did not work I would be pisst and I would have been ripped off and i would be on here slandering the company from head to toe.

Do you actually believe that I bought this product for $200 and it does not work which in turn would mean i got screwed and i would really be on here giving them credit???

and you said to be "get real" if you think i would get screwed and come on here giving the company that screwed me props then you need to "get real".

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, glad you understand that I'm truing to help.

The reason I mentioned the 1/4 mile in relation to you feeling the 19hp was to point out how unlikely it would be for you to feel the extra 19hp.

In a 1/4 mile run, you might expect to drop 2 tenths for a 20hp gain.

Now, if you run a 12.2 second 1/4 mile before and 12.0 after, that means you have improved your time by 1.7 percent.

If it only improves your quarter mile run by two tenths of a second out of 12 seconds, how are you going to feel that?

Leaving the 1/4 mile and talking about what it feels like to go at a certain speed.
If you stomped on the gas and made a run to 100mph and then made another run to 101.7mph,
You are saying that you could feel that second run as being faster because you ran up and extra 1.7mph?

See?

At this point I won't even argue about the dyno variation or if the Vipair gave you anything,

I'm just saying that there is no way you can feel 19hp.

What do you say about that?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been reading this and I finally have to say something,,, Joe, I CAN feel 20 hp in the SOTP weather or not it improves my et by 1 tenth. You mean to tell me you can't feel the difference between cats and the stock muffs and no cats and straight-through muffs????? That's about 20 hp if that. Anybody that says they can't feel the difference in that doesn't have a pulse..........

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The reason I mentioned the 1/4 mile in relation to you feeling the 19hp was to point out how unlikely it would be for you to feel the extra 19hp.

Now, if you run a 12.2 second 1/4 mile before and 12.0 after, that means you have improved your time by 1.7 percent.

If it only improves your quarter mile run by two tenths of a second out of 12 seconds, how are you going to feel that?

Leaving the 1/4 mile and talking about what it feels like to go at a certain speed.
If you stomped on the gas and made a run to 100mph and then made another run to 101.7mph,
You are saying that you could feel that second run as being faster because you ran up and extra 1.7mph?

See?

At this point I won't even argue about the dyno variation or if the Vipair gave you anything,

So joe-joe is truing to help. By your post I can only assume you have never tracked your car or any performance car for that matter. Honestly, Vipair aside, anyone in tune with how a car runs and familiar with how hard the tires grab in certain instances CAN TELL a 2 tenth difference at the track. I know as I am going down the track if the car is pulling harder than previous runs (sometimes just because of better conditions ie: lower temps and lower humidity)I have made in the car. I ran an 11.3 and the very next run ran an 11.5 and I knew half way down the track that the car was down on power, which something acute happened during that run and I knew it.

So pull out your calculator and continue doing the math like a freakin' POSER and leave the driving to the rest of us.

GET A LIFE! :eek: :rolleyes: :2tu:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

See?

So joe-joe is truing to help. By your post I can only assume you have never tracked your car or any performance car for that matter. Honestly, Vipair aside, anyone in tune with how a car runs and familiar with how hard the tires grab in certain instances CAN TELL a 2 tenth difference at the track. I know as I am going down the track if the car is pulling harder than previous runs (sometimes just because of better conditions ie: lower temps and lower humidity)I have made in the car. I ran an 11.3 and the very next run ran an 11.5 and I knew half way down the track that the car was down on power, which something acute happened during that run and I knew it.

So pull out your calculator and continue doing the math like a freakin' POSER and leave the driving to the rest of us.

GET A LIFE! :eek: :rolleyes: :2tu:

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I can not tell how much hp diffrence without a dyno but if you know your car well enough you know when she has an extra 20 hp like J DAWG said he noticed something was wrong with a 2 tenths of a second drop.

But I do kinda understand where your comming from Joe because of all the hp of the viper it may be harder to see small amounts of HP, like when I put my BBK cold air on my mustang it added 26 HP I noticed it big time where it would have to have been like 50 on the viper to have the kind of SOTP feel that the 26 had on my mustang.

But I know my car very very well and if shes got more power trust me I know and if shes got less trust me i know that too.

Basicly I do understand where your comming from BUT I 100% agree with J DAWG you can feel it and like snakbit said if you can't you don't have a pulse.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So you guys think you can feel a 1.7 percent change in your cars performance.
That's what you are saying. A 20hp improvement will give you less than a 2% better time in 1/4 mile, and you can feel it.

So what else can you feel? I already brought up the speed, you can tell the difference between 100mph and 101.7mph, right?

If the bartender pours you a beer, you can tell by the feel of it that it's really 12.24oz and not just 12oz, Right?

You were waiting an hour at the airport, or was it 61 min instead? You could tell right?

Look guys, I know you think you can tell. Lots of people think they can tell.
And I'm not saying that you can't tell on the way down the track, that you have a good run going.

What I'm saying is that people can be fooled by noise and they can be fooled by hype.

Make a car louder and most guys think it's faster. Do a small mod and tell the guy his car is faster, he will agree.
It's easy to fool the senses.

As far as telling you have a good run on the 1/4 mile,
If you get a good 60ft you may very well notice a .2 sec improvement. See, .2sec of 1.6sec is a much larger percentage. You could feel that and know that you are going to have a good run without looking at the clock.

You haven't perceived a 2% improvement in the whole run, you felt the 13% improvement in your 60ft time.

"So pull out your calculator and continue doing the math like a freakin' POSER and leave the driving to the rest of us"

Tell me, do you think that "real" racers ignore the numbers?
Do you think they rely on their senses and make jokes about the dumb a$$ with the calculator?
Well, is that what you think?

"So joe-joe is truing to help. By your post I can only assume you have never tracked your car or any performance car for that matter."

I have been at this for a VERY long time. It is quite possible that my time and experience on the track far exceeds yours. Would you like to compare?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"So pull out your calculator and continue doing the math like a freakin' POSER and leave the driving to the rest of us"

Tell me, do you think that "real" racers ignore the numbers?
Do you think they rely on their senses and make jokes about the dumb a$$ with the calculator?
Well, is that what you think?

"So joe-joe is truing to help. By your post I can only assume you have never tracked your car or any performance car for that matter."

I have been at this for a VERY long time. It is quite possible that my time and experience on the track far exceeds yours. Would you like to compare?

Spoken like a true POSER! No, I don't want to keyboard race witcha........you'll have to find someone else. I prefer to do my talking while I am driving.

And you have reinforced my point. Real racers know how their car is performing and they know, whether they are going down the 1/4 or around a course, if their car was faster down to tenths of a second. Don't believe me????? Hang out with a few and you will be surprised how the littliest increase in power can make the most noticeable difference to a drivers a$$ or SOTP feel.

Why do I bother.....you won't understand.

ps - might wanna change the battery in your calculator. Last time I checked when you add 20hp to a car with 480hp that is a 4.166666666% increase, not 1.7, so yes my a$$ can feel a 4% increase in performance. :rolleyes: :2tu:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 1.7% was the .2 seconds improvement in a 12.2 second run.
"Why do I bother.....you won't understand."

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 1.7% was the .2 seconds improvement in a 12.2 second run.
"Why do I bother.....you won't understand."

POSER and a HATER!

anything to make yourself appear useful. flush......

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images
Congratulations

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"POSER and a HATER!"
"anything to make yourself appear useful. flush...... "

A very smooth comeback Mr Dawg.
May I counter with an equally logical,
"if you can't dazzle them with fact, baffle them with BS".

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"POSER and a HATER!"
"anything to make yourself appear useful. flush...... "

A very smooth comeback Mr Dawg.
May I counter with an equally logical,
"if you can't dazzle them with fact, baffle them with BS".

You are right. I am the facts and you appear to be the BS. You assume all Vipers are running 12.2 and you assume that a 20hp increase equates to a .2 tenth gain in the 1/4.

I am stating the facts that Stu posted and you decided to run off on a tangent with your casio and pull some hypothetical #'s out of your...uhhhhhh....and in some vain attempt try to belittle his performance gains. In otherwords that = HATER!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well Dawg, what would you guess would be the change in 1/4 mile time for a Viper running 440hp and then the same car running 460hp.

I know there are variables, but just for this comparison, let's say the driver, track and atmospherics are the same and the only change is the 20hp.

Tell me what you think the times for each run might be.

My guess was 12.2 seconds and 12.0 seconds. Does that sound way off to you?
I base my guess on 100 hp being good for about 1 second. Of course that's not exact but that's what I used.

And this conversation will be lots more fun without the name calling. We can disagree without that, can't we?

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Isnt it the same principal and just about the same piece that Dodge had on the cars in 96 and 97?

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score

So after all this reading of posts, do I buy one or not? will it benefit me or not? or is it just a piece of plastic?

FLX109

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FLX I got mine a few days ago and I did gain 19 RWHP but only 3 RWTQ so if around those numbers are worth $200 to you then I say go for it,besides it really does look great.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

FLX,

The aluminum Vipairs are no longer being made. Only the plastic ones are available. The aluminum had no give in cases where some peoples hoods were mounted lower than others, which led to people having problems closeing their hood, so for now only plastic is available.

You can order at 1-877-486-4461 ext 21 for $200 plus shipping. You can pick plain black, or a vipair™ with an aluminum laser cut plate on top with a color insert, red, blue, yellow, silver or black.

Thanks

Steve

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yea hes right because my hood closes pretty far off (no idea why) and if mine was aluminum my hood wouldent close either.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Anyone care to venture a theory why the Dyno test showed an improvement even though the Vipair folks said that a Dyno test would not show the benefits?

;) :eek: :usa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude