VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: VIPAIR™ Dyno Results on 99 RT 16 RWHP!!

I have no idea about that but all I do know is what I gained which is 19hp and about 3 TQ at the wheels.

Vipah
I have never tested a Vipair on any other viper except my own so I Coulden't tell you that.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My theory is simply this I have always dyno'd my viper heat soaked after driving it for a few hours straight so if the vipair lowers the temp of the induction air then I can see why I gained MAYBE its just my theory.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Too bad you quit making the aluminum units. Mine came with the cold air intake package and the only fit problem I expierenced was the heighth of the back end of the intake box itself, easy fix. Everything up front is ceramic covered aluminum and I think it looks nice, I know that it breathes well.

SilverBlueGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just saw the big ad in the Viper Magazine about the Vipe-Air kit. Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to compare it to the V-Ram.

I am going to be getting a cold air kit soon and want to hear some feedback from anyone who knows about these kits.

I do know that I wont be ordering from Scott / Elite.

John Thompson

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just saw the big ad in the Viper Magazine about the Vipe-Air kit. Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to compare it to the V-Ram.

I am going to be getting a cold air kit soon and want to hear some feedback from anyone who knows about these kits.

I do know that I wont be ordering from Scott / Elite.

John Thompson

John,

You can order from Vipair™ Performance 1-877-486-4461 ext 21, We ship out same day, overnight, and full money back guarantee if you want to return it.( which NOBODY has done yet!) Vipair is a division of large communications and publishing company, so no worries about not getting your parts.

Thanks

Steve

DLTARNU

Suspended
Reaction score

Threadsputin has returned. This topic JUST...WON'T...DIE

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well hes right I orderd mine and got it next day and BTW i am glad I bought it I did gain hp - torque and it looks great.

My 4 questions are.......

1.Does this V-ram work like they claim?
2. will it work with the vipair system?
3.will it work with the current smooth tubes?
4.does it use the same size air filters as stock??

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Damn pink bunny just keeps on ticking .. or is that a Timex???

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stugots,
How do you know that you gained hp and tq from the Vipair?

The same way you know that your 70mm TBs gained for you?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joe,

Stugots gained just same way that the factory GTSR vipers gained.

Why do you think Chrysler went back to an induction system on the SRT10 that is very similar to what is in your Gen1 and is very similar to a Gen2 with a VIPAIR™?

For anyone wanting to see scientifically that the NACA duct on the gen2 is doing them no favors at speed read this
http://naca.larc.nasa.gov/reports/1945/naca-acr-5i20/naca-acr-5i20.pdf

The front of the viper has a very thick boundary layer, NACA ducts only work in areas of thin boundary layers.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys,

It was clearly proven that there are no gains from the Vipair. Let it go.

The claim was cooler temps and when measured WITHOUT Vipair the ambient and air temps were the same. Therefore there can be no gain with Vipair.

Now please enter the 'no spin zone' and drop the BS.

:headbang: :2tu: :usa: :usa:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stugots,
How do you know that you gained hp and tq from the Vipair?

The same way you know that your 70mm TBs gained for you?

Yes the same way everyone knows when they gain power, a DYNO

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipah I did gain from the vipair and my gains were proven on a DYNO.
Trust me I paid $200 bucks for the vipair if it dident work I would be bashing the hell out of it.

Think about it if the vipair does not gain anything that would mean i was screwed because I bought one right? so why would I tell you guys it works and stond up for the product if it screwed me?

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stu,

Even the manufacturer said you would not see a dyno improvement. All I can guess is that you witnessed a variation in the performance on the seperate runs. That is pretty easy to do.

Look back in the thread for the exhaustive tests there were done with MULTIPLE runs on the dyno for calibration that showed no gain.

If you like it that's great, enjoy it. And as long as you like it you didn't get screwed.

You may also want to try the Tornado product that claims similar performance improvement through a different theory (not colder air).

:2tu: :2tu:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Very simple - forget dynos - they'll never prove anything because they can't simulate high speed.

Take a stock Viper - time it from 100mph to 150mph - repeat 3-4 times both ways and take an average.

In same temps, wind and conditions - repeat with Vipair - and compare.

If these things work at all they work at speed and that was always obvious

I thought

If there is any gain - that is how you will notice it best and it is easy to check. If it works it will be why road racers claim they increase mph on the straights with them.

Someone get this over with already - I'm confident that cold frontal air at 100mph+ will be beneficial if the air pick up is not in a vacuum.

I know this - if I tried something and dropped 0.2 sec on my lap time - that is all the science I care about....

BTW - there are several cars that the Tornado will work on - they are particularly effective where the air flow past an airflow meter is less than ideal because they correct the signal and therefore obtain a better tune. They do not boost airflow or make power - but can correct problems in the airflow and indirectly add power that way. A typical case where they would be useful is if you remove a factory airbox and add an open cone type filter with an airflow sensor equipped car. Chances are the airflow pattern will change dramatically with the cone and the high velocity air can sometimes miss the sensor and give false readings. I had this on a turbo car - it ran lean on boost - so dropped a Tornado in for a laugh - it straightened the air - corrected the signal - and I was able to get 3lb more boost and correct mixture on pump gas.. which was a BIG power gain.... all the Tornado did was direct high speed air past the sensor where it needed it.... a simple baffle if placed perfectly might have done the same thing but with more restriction.

So in all the giggles - sometimes help comes from surprising sources. :p

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

just a heads up,
anyone interested in air intake devices should look at the thread, "Opinions on this new Viper VARARAM intake?"

They seem to have lots of data taken on real cars under real conditions.

Money back guarantee too.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stu,

Even the manufacturer said you would not see a dyno improvement. All I can guess is that you witnessed a variation in the performance on the seperate runs. That is pretty easy to do.

Look back in the thread for the exhaustive tests there were done with MULTIPLE runs on the dyno for calibration that showed no gain.

If you like it that's great, enjoy it. And as long as you like it you didn't get screwed.

You may also want to try the Tornado product that claims similar performance improvement through a different theory (not colder air).

:2tu: :2tu:

VIPAH,

When were these tests done and which manufacturer did them?

LIAR!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"Deflection: This would be a scoop located behind a given area that is fed by a deflecting object or winglet. These are very inefficient due to the loss of energy from the deflecting process and the air turbulence that is generated."

S

SUN RA KAT

does this thing really work ?

I think you have to start at the beginning and read every post to determine if it really works.

When you do it, please post what you found out.

Enquiring minds want to know.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Vipair? Glad you asked.
It might give you a little extra power at very high speed.

It will give you nothing on the street.

Actually, if it would give you anything that could be measured,
don't you think that the guys selling it would have some real data?

Tests were done with a Vipair unit provided by the Vipair guys. The tests, dyno and on the road, showed no gain. The Vipair guys then decided that the guy who did the tests was biased against them.
Funny, they didn't think he was biased until his results showed no gain.
Makes you wonder.

As I said, it might give you something at very high speed. Even then, it's nothing that you would feel.

If it gives you anything on a dyno, stop and think, what has a dyno run got in common with the blast of air that the stock intake gets going down the road at 60+ mph.

I believe Vipair was misrepresented in the early posts on this thread in order to fool new guys.

That's what I think. In my opinion they just wanted to sell you something.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey scottgf,
glad to see you taking an interest in this.
Let's go over it one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187