Viper - Worst of '08.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know that this is ones man opinion and to me a Viper fits a very small niche of people who truly enjoy the car and do not just but it put a few hundred miles on it and sell it for the novelty. the Viper is not a refined business mans Sports car, it is Raw and brutal and deserves tremendous respect when driven hard. As far as the rest of the vehicles listed, the Car manufactureres should take notice and correct their mistakes.

Bruce

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This writer states his preferred car is a clubman - a stretched mini!! :lmao:

And this guy is allowed to write about cars????

RDunn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the New York Times....the day I care what they have to say about a sportscar. I'll buy a minivan.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This writer states his preferred car is a clubman - a stretched mini!! :lmao:

And this guy is allowed to write about cars????

From the writer:
"Most fun, fashionable and fuel-efficient? No, this is not a category, but if it were, at the top of my list would be the Clubman, Mini’s new little stretch limo. I wanted one; sadly, Santa let me down."

I guess he didn't realize Santa owns a Viper. :D

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably paid by the two well known "vette" guys here. As also with their opinions, this one is to be ignored.

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The world is full of idiots.

Some are in a position where they have their opinions printed.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the data on the self proclaimed "expert". There is nothing in it that indicates any training, hands on work, and/or track based experience to indicate that this fellow has any clue regarding what he is writing about. His statement regarding the Viper demonstrates an ignorance that only a paper like the NYT could ignore. Take comfort in the fact that the advertising revenues of the NYT are way off and perhaps the end to the liberal, biased rag that it has become will occur. The editorial function of the NYT has been impaired and corrupted for years. Remember the NYT reporter that wrote the series of false stories that the editors did not catch? This is just another example of the same type of negligent editorial behavior. Not as bad but still unacceptable.

Jerry Garrett

Independent Newspapers Professional
Greater Los Angeles Area

Current
  • President and Founder at Arrow Productions (Sole Proprietorship)
see less...

1 more...

Past
  • News Editor at CNN Headline News
  • Special Correspondent at The Associated Press
Education
  • Brigham Young University
Jerry Garrett’s Experience

• Contributing Editor

The New York Times

(Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; NYT; Newspapers industry)
    January 2004 — Present (5 years)
    Contributor to the Automobiles, Travel, Escapes and other sections of the newspaper. Specialties include features, personality profiles, technical reviews, commentary, online content, photographs and travel chronicles.
    Contributor

Copley Newspapers

(Privately Held; 1001-5000 employees; Newspapers industry)
    1997 — Present (11 years)
    Contributor to Copley News Service, and many Copley newspapers including the San Diego Union Tribune.
    Contributing Editor

Hachette Filipacchi Media

(Public Company; 1001-5000 employees; Publishing industry)
    1996 — Present (12 years)
    Regular contributor to Car and Driver magazine and other HFM publications.
    President and Founder

Arrow Productions (Sole Proprietorship)

(Sole Proprietorship; 1-10 employees; Broadcast Media industry)
    1981 — Present (27 years)
    Independent production company, specializing in programming for ESPN, ESPN International and other networks.
    News Editor

CNN Headline News

(Privately Held; 501-1000 employees; Telecommunications industry)
    1981 — 1987 (6 years)
    Supervised daily report, writing classes for interns and new hires, reported to news director Paul Amos. Also appeared served as Managing Editor for MotorWeek Illustrated on Superstation WTBS, and co-host of weekly news program.
  • Special Correspondent

The Associated Press

(Non-Profit; 5001-10,000 employees; Newspapers industry)
    1971 — 1980 (9 years)
Jerry Garrett’s Education

• Brigham Young University

MA, Mass Communications, 1980 — 1981
    Activities and Societies: Editor, The Daily Universe
    Graduate Assistant
Additional Information

Jerry Garrett’s Websites:

Jerry Garrett’s Interests:

Travel and transportation issues Adventure travel and tourism Business reporting New technology Investing Motorsports
Jerry Garrett’s Groups:

Society of Professional Journalists
Jerry Garrett’s Honors:

1987, Cable ACE Award for Sports Broadcasting, “MotorWeek Illustrated”, Superstation TBS
1987, Emmy Award for Sports Broadcasting (principal writer), “Countdown to 200: The Richard Petty Story”; Turner Broadcasting System and the Georgia State Broadcasters Assn.
1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994 Best Television Production, AARWBA
1995, Sports Reporting award, AARWBA-SCORE
1997, Best Feature Writing, AARWBA
1998-2002, 2004-2005, Folio Award Winner, Best Automotive Magazine (Car and Driver staff)
1999, Best Feature, Best Technical Writing, AARWBA
2000, Best Magazine, Best Feature, Best Technical Writing, AARWBA
2001, Best Feature, Best Magazine Writing, AARWBA
2002, Best Magazine Writing, AARWBA
2003, Best Feature Writing, AARWBA
2004, Best Feature Writing, AARWBA
2005, Finalist, Dean Batchelor Award, Motor Press Guild
2006, Nieman Narrative participant, Harvard University

Last edited:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:lame:apparently this clown prefers a box with 4 wheels.:brainless:...scion, ford flex, stretch mini... it sure took a lot to design these vehicles.:smirk: This guy knows nothing about cars and should not be allowed to write about them. What a tool.:rolleyes:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you're looking at it all wrong. If a man can be judged by his enemies... we've got one AWESOME car. A metro-schmuck writer from the NYT? They hate anything American. Anything they hate, I LOVE. Screw them. They will be 4 guys churning news from a xerox in a few years.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a dipsh1t, calling the world's fastest road course production car "irrelevant". I'd like to unload an irrelevant left hook to the homo's jaw.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a dipsh1t, calling the world's fastest road course production car "irrelevant". I'd like to unload an irrelevant left hook to the homo's jaw.

How about unlaoding a key board instead. Write a letter to the NYT Editor.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alexarz..... I agree with you but can't you find a dictionary to expand your verbal skills???? Every time you post about someone you disagree with or that doesn't like vipers, you have to state that you deduce them to be ***???? Find a more fitting derogatory term. I might remind you that *** people like cars too.

<------- ***, and drives 3 fast cars.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alexarz..... I agree with you but can't you find a dictionary to expand your verbal skills???? Every time you post about someone you disagree with or that doesn't like vipers, you have to state that you deduce them to be ***???? Find a more fitting derogatory term. I might remind you that *** people like cars too.

Oh God. Help us all :(

Flash

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

But are your cars pink or "rainbow"? :rolaugh:

...not that there's anything wrong with that :D

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The boy is ***. Any grown man with even enough testosterone to develop a single swimmer, would willingly chew both his own arms off before being forced to drive a min-clubman.

Maybe that's just it...he needs more “club” in his life.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was Austin that asked that question before and I challenged him to use his photoshop skills to show us just what that would look like. :dunno: I am still waiting to see that one:eater::eater:

But of course it doesn't matter because everyone knows yellow is the fastest.

On Topic I think this just illustrates that everyone has their own opinion about things and shouldn't be harrased for having a different opinion than your own. But I would bet that the author has no knowledge of vipers other than what he has read in other magazines.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The boy is ***. Any grown man with even enough testosterone to develop a single swimmer, would willingly chew both his own arms off before being forced to drive a min-clubman.

Maybe that's just it...he needs more “club” in his life.

Not sure what you mean disturbed?

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The boy is ***.

Why not call him "European" instead. I'm from Europe and I'm glad to escape the Mini-, Citroën-, Fiat- and Smart-lovers over there...

Europeans can't afford the cost of gas (4x the US cost) and therefore the Viper does not make sense to them...

Each to their own!

(No, I'm not ***, but I dare to defend the freedom to be *** in the country of the supposedly free!)

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually if you were from europe you'd probably call him a puff

The viper is actually the most irrelevant car ever built... My 08 left the body shop 2 weeks ago .. since then i've driven it all but one day adding around 800 miles..each time i left the house i did not have a single relevant reason for going for a drive except on one occasion..extremely frustrating but very rewarding

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang