Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!!

BJ MOTORS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aaron, Yah those are definetely special cars and were sold fast and we feel that both of the special editions will be as equally special. When we are all done they will support a Ring package of each Black and Green and Black and Silver the cars will have great additional special items only found on these cars, floor mats, badging , signatures, and a stopry book which will be a great time piece. Everything is in the works as we speak.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Sweet Jesus they've got their ******* in a knot over at the Corvette Forum.

They're actually arguing whether or not the ACR comes with A/C, floor mats or insulation! BWHAHAHAHAHHA. :lmao:

"Instead of saying that they are options I should have said they can be ordered with none of the amenities. The video is clearly a stripped down version of the ACR. With all the extra equipment the car can easily weigh an additional 200 lbs. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't even a passenger seat in that car. "

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! :lmao:

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad they had a professional driver to run the Viper.It looked like a hand full to handle.I hope they improve this on the Gen 5.How does the Vipers time compare to the new ZR1 with the track package and of course the TT Porsche 911s????

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Sweet Jesus they've got their ******* in a knot over at the Corvette Forum.

:rolaugh:

Nice. Amazing how many support Viper over there. Maybe then again it is people from here with vette screen names. :D

G

Gotvenom 08

Congrats to the SRT team and all the support crew.Tomball especially included for sending the "history" cars to the ring.

My opinion,this is a prelude to the the future.Think about it ,this is an older(3yrs?) designed car.Kicked butt and took names.Now in your wildest dreams,do you think the next gen viper will settle for this record?I think not and we have alot to look forward to.With Ralph and his "team" hard at work.This is an appetizer,the main course is coming.

Timbo

Last edited by a moderator:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there any information regarding what exact tyres were used on the ACR's? Were they the standard Michelin Pilot Sport Cup tires ? :)

YES. They would never have changed the stock tires as that would have invalidated the run as a stock production car.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The UK motoring website stuck the Video on their front page today

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=24416

Trouble is they are Still going on about the Radical SR8LM .... Some Quotes....

It's good to see you didn't mention the Radical SR8LM's time of 6mins 48secs,set by Michael Vergers in 2009, as that really would have been pure one upmanship over the Yanks, & that just wouldn't be very sporting would it? ;) Let's just hope it remains unmentioned throughout this thread....
You must be registered for see images attach

As we're British, i find quite tasteless & immature to keep bragging about having a record laptime set by this car :D ....
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what a UK Viper owner has to put up with ;)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might just drop down to my local Radical dealer and pick one of those up.
What's that? Not street legal in the US or Germany?
Oh that's a problem....

Nothing wrong with a little nationalistic pride (no shortage of that here) but that is taking the phrase "production car" to it's outer limits.
By the way, that does have a three year (five year powertrain) manufacturers warranty right? :D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might just drop down to my local Radical dealer and pick one of those up.
What's that? Not street legal in the US or Germany?
Oh that's a problem....

Nothing wrong with a little nationalistic pride (no shortage of that here) but that is taking the phrase "production car" to it's outer limits.
By the way, that does have a three year (five year powertrain) manufacturers warranty right? :D
Hey Im with you all the way on this, but Yes they did drive that car all the way from the UK to Germany and back again, so I guess it must be road legal in Europe! Mind you I would not want to be sitting in that with the average British weather :D

Have to say there is a mind set in the UK where many car owners always seem to pour scorn on American Cars :( The LHD thing is a big issue as well as the amount of Fuel we use, the green tree huggers have a field day with this, and of course we all know American cars don't go round corners :lmao:

If I upset just 1 Green tree hugger, Im VERY HAPPY :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean like the one who started the thread to begin with:D

Kudos! It does amaze me how ignorant somes folks can be, for example:

"Now since you know it all, the 40lb weight savings of the ******** package it on top of all the weight savings the ACR offers over the standard SRT8 and I never said the car was offered without a passenger seat. I said it wouldnt surprise me if they had taken the passenger seat out for their hot laps around the ring. I notice you never get a glance at anything except a close up of the driver. Regardless, the 7.12 time is a marvel for sure but sometimes all is not as it seems."

Standard SRT8?!?! :rolaugh:

When the ZR1 broke the ACR's record I think most of us here were congratulatory about it. Few excuses, if any, were made and I certainly don't remember any conspiracy theories being made up to downplay that momentous event. And this is the beauty of the ACR's record....instead of crying, moaning, lying, etc. WE (Viper Nation and all those that made the 7:12 record happen) simply went to work and reclaimed the record. No drama...just results. :2tu:

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think that's bad, you should see the comments on the YouTube video. That's where all the fun is had shutting down ignorant jack asses:rolaugh:

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's the direct link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2EuY9uRCfQ

I can't believe someone went to the trouble of putting the track names in GERMAN on the video, but FORGOT VEHICLE SPEED!?!?!

I was expecting so much more. :(

I hope dodge releases a video with actual data acquisition in it. Separating the G's would be nice too.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the video, I see a few areas where he could have been faster, just think what could have been with a full day of testing..............:D

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully not already posted...haven't seen it at least. http://www.autospies.com/news/Compa...s-Beaten-By-A-Viper-Around-N-rburgring-66951/

Once you get everything sync'd (close enough at least) it's kind of fun to watch the Viper v LFA fun together!

outstanding link, thanks!

i started/sync'd with the lfa about 1 second ahead of the viper. took about a min for the viper to "pull on" the lfa and then pass----too much fun watching it happen :headbang:

also watch the difference in required driver input on the same areas of the track, you can see the skill needed to pilot the viper and the nannies on the lfa controlling/smoothing out the curves. driver's car v. poser's car for sure. before anyone flames me :panic:, i know the lfa is a fine car and the driver is probably skilled too, but we will never know as his skill is not as required to zip around the ring like the viper driver's is......:eater:

thanks again for the link

:drive:

Last edited:

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New 2013 Prototype Nissan GT-R spotted running at Nurburgring recently with new aero and revised rear wing.
Godzilla is angry.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
New 2013 Prototype Nissan GT-R spotted running at Nurburgring recently with new aero and revised rear wing.
Godzilla is angry.

From NAGTROC,

This past weekend at the Nurburging Nissan held a European Press Event to debut the MY2012 ( 2013 US spec) GT-R.

Just 1 year the comprehensive updates of the DBA-R35, the GTR continues its evolution. Details from the event are still being gathered and we will keep you posted, but here is what is currently know:

- The 2013 GTR will once again feature a substantial gain in HP on par with the current increase from last years model. The final number will be announced at the car's launch, but it was shown at the event to be at least 40hp so expect 570+ HP. In addtion to increased boost, revisions to the intake and exhaust have been made.

- Visually the 2013 remains the same with no additional color options

- Suspension and Transmission logic have been tweaked

- Under body has been changed to improve aero and cooling

- Co2 emissions have once again been lowered

- Premium Black Edition and Egoist will be offered worldwide

- Official Ring Time Attack attempt is expected mid October

- The R35 life cycle is expected to continue for 2 additional model years

- In addition to these models a "Track Edition" will be available as RHD only to markets outside the US. This GTR is the one we reported on earlier this week with carbon parts inspired by Nissan Test Driver Toshio Suzuki's GTR tuning brand "Nordring ". It also features Dunlop Race slicks aswell as Volk Racing wheels....

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WAY TO GO TEAM VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see the snake back where it belongs.....

As for that piece of crap kit car radical...... How can that be classed as a production car......