visor stickers

Phoenix SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried peeling the warning sticker off of my sun visors and ran into a problem. The sticker on the driver side peeled off fine, mostly in one piece and without all that much effort. The sticker on the passenger side visor was another story altogether.

It just won't come off. Every time I grab a little tiny piece and pull, it breaks off so that just a tiny bit comes up. And pulling off pin head sized pieces is driving me crazy. I've used adhesive remover to try and soften it, but that doesn't seem to do anything to the sticker (although it softens the visor itself).

Has any one had this problem and, more importantly, does anyone have ideas on how to deal with the situation? The sticker now looks like a rat chewed on it because of the the way I've been picking at it. I suppose that I can simply buy a new visor, but it'll still have the sticker on it so I'll be back at square one.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I warmed them up alittle using an iron and towel. Worked well.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If any residue is left from removing the sticker you can use denatured alcohol to remove it without causing any problems.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had same experience. Passenger side came off clean and easy using hair dryer to warm it up, and it pealed right off. Passenger side a different story. Hot hair dryer, solvents, scrapers, etc. Results the sticer came off a little piece at a time, however the visor took a beating, and you can see where the sticker was. I'll either buy another visor, or put a black piece of tape over the "scar"/

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave the stickers on, the car will be more valuable in the year 2025 when these cars are like midyear corvettes, "everything must be like it left the factory" Laugh now, but it will happen, somebody will be manufacturing reproduction stickers to put there. Remember, we are only caretakers of these beauties for the guys 50 years down the road. That really is true of all collector cars.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lilke you said, "somebody will be manufacturing reproduction stickers ..." So make it look good today and let tomorrow take care of itself. With th average care that people are taking of the Vipers out there it is doubtful the average car, though in great shape, will increase in value in a reasonable time. Remember what cars from the 50's and 60's looked like when they were 10 years old? I bought a 14 year old 57 chevy Nomad for $50 in 1971. They just don't make them like they used to. Thank God!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS