What is the problem with Gen I and II Vipers??

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver Snack, check out any of the performance tests on the GT and compare them to the SRT. If you know how to count you will see that the GT beats the SRT in every catagory.

Poor little guy. Maybe you need to have your mommy explain it to you.

:2tu: :eek:

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go *****:

GT:
0-60 mph 3.3 seconds
1/4 mile 11.6 seconds/128 mph
Braking 70-0 mph 153'
Top speed est 205 mph

SRT:
0-60 mph: 3.9 sec
1/4 mile: 11.77 sec @ 123.63 mph
Top Speed: 190 mph
Braking 60-0: 97 ft

Now go have your mommy explain this to you.

:2tu:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very happy with my car. I love it. If you care about what others think the car is not for you. People (MOST) buy this car for personal enjoyment. If you are buying it for the showoff factor or to look good, I suggest you change your mentality fast. Everyone has their own opinion but the true owners do not care, they love their cars regardless.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vipah,

Your numbers for the gt-40 are off as much as your are my friend

:rolleyes:

Here are the numbers from the FORD website.

SRT-10 GT40

0-60 3.9 3.6

1/4 11.77@123 11.78@124

60-0 97ft 111ft

600ft slalom 70.4mph 71.5mph

weigth f/r % 48/52 43/57

Now with the fifty thousand i saved all we would need to do is add headers and gears say bye bye to your great gt-40.
YOU don't think ford pump up these numbers with there test mules do you? Boy you crack me up.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipah,

Your numbers for the gt-40 are off as much as your are my friend

:rolleyes:

Here are the numbers from the FORD website.

SRT-10 GT40

0-60 3.9 3.6

1/4 11.77@123">11.77@123</a> <a href="mailto:11.78@124

60-0 97ft 111ft

600ft slalom 70.4mph 71.5mph

weigth f/r % 48/52 43/57

Now with the fifty thousand i saved all we would need to do is add headers and gears say bye bye to your great gt-40.
YOU don't think ford pump up these numbers with there test mules do you? Boy you crack me up.

Congrats on sounding like every vette/mustang owner when comparing their cars to the Viper...

Yeah the Ford GT is fast..But I could build a Viper for cheaper"

LOL

And just as an FYI manufacturers time can sometimes be .3 seconds off what magazines will get, strictly a liability issue.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Silver Snack,

I'm glad your mom was around to help you out with this. For your information the numbers are from Car and Driver from actual tests.

Sorry my feable minded friend but you continue to prove my point. I guess with your logic you agree that the Z06 is a much better buy than the Viper. LMAO

That is EXACTLY why DC needs to step it up.

It shouldn't even be that hard. Just take the engine from the SL65 and put it into a CC body. There you go.

SoFlaSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is not much doubt that the GT will topple the American performance standards previously set by the SRT. However, the pricing of the GT, even if it is obtainable at anything close to sticker, puts it in a whole other price range at nearly double the SRT. Due to demand, the price will actually be about 3x the SRT.

In terms of performance, what the GT will do to GenI/II is unmentionable.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW everthing I am hearing from people inside the GT program and automotive insiders have basically told me that all of the GT's tested in the car magazines have been "ringers" w/ more boost than the production versions.

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Craig, go play with your 4 cylinder for awhile.

Vipah,

Were do you get the zo6 is a much better buy. Maybe you should ask your mom ops i mean your wife not to buy you c&d anymore if you can't read. You are a ***** plan and simple.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
6400SRT_VS_GT_MAG-med.JPG

viper wins

vd..

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys don't forget, ford raised the power on the GT after that test to 550. Who cares, I like the Srt, and I will have one to go with my GTS.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPAH (Wannabe)
Steve ('99 Silver/Blue C4)

This is Jack Powell Dodge, I talk to Mike all the time, when I tell him you still try to pass off that Silver/Blue C4 for a Viper he still LHAO!
You must be registered for see images

John, my service manager, said you drove that **** in for Recall 998 and he told you that it doesn't apply to C4s. Stay out of my dealership you *******!

LMAO!

In the Garage
vipah.jpg

Out in the street

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the encore requests!

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm outta this post, as it is getting too silly....

One last point, though. Other than braking, the performance edge of the SRT10 over the GTS is really not that significant. With a set of Stop-Tech brakes on the GTS, it would be a close race on any road course. So let's not exaggerate on any 'performance' edge....

OP
OP
D

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ViperGTS asks:
"How does it come that CAAP is "shut down" for the first time? "

Answer: Because Dodge made waaay too many of them and have done absolutely no pr work. Remember, 100% of 2003 model were sold. Some bean counter at Dodge figured they could pump out a zillion more $80k+ cars without any ad or pr and sell them as well. Not gonna happen. The people who really knew about the car and wanted them already had 03 models. There are still more 03 and 04 Gen III sales than nearly any other year of Viper.

Believe it or not, those of us who truly admire Vipers are small in number. GenI and II owners think that everyone likes those cars. Not true. I do. So do people on this site, but we are small in number. Sadly, a majority of the general public think ALL Vipers are ugly. The Gen III actually has a larger circle of admirers, but that circle does not include many who were fans of the Gen I/II cars. The Gen III is not just an update of Gen I/II, it is a new and different car. This new and different car doesn't appeal to many Gen I/II people who were so enamored with the original designs.

I like the GenI/II cars. Fantastic cars. I especially like the GTS. I also like the Gen III. I drive mine everyday. I get the same thrill every time I drive.

My point with this thread was not the same tired argument over which is a better car, my point was that some of the GenI/II guys who don't like the Gen III are so tactless and thoughtless that they come onto the GenIII forum bashing the GenIII and pushing their opinions as fact. They somehow believe that everyone in the universe shares their opinions.

PS - The original Motortrend comparo called it a draw. The Viper outperformed in some areas and not in others. Ford had told Motortrend that the pre-production car tested was just as it would be produced. When Ford realized that the Viper was eating its lunch for 1/2 the price then they turned up the boost for other tests and for production cars. The GT's cute little engine is stretched thin to get that kind of power. Don't expect to be able to put a lot of miles on something that is straining that hard. The big V-10, on the other hand, yawns while pumping out 500+ horses. Getting 650 out of this engine still doesn't stretch it as thin as the GT.

Dirk

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dirk:

I agree with you regarding the GT engine.

They should have put one of the new Shelby 427 aluminum engine.

Obviously the used the 351 supercharged to by-pass the emission/cerification issue since this engine combination is already approved.

Luc.00GTS

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperGTS asks:
"How does it come that CAAP is "shut down" for the first time? "

Answer: Because Dodge made waaay too many of them and have done absolutely no pr work. Remember, 100% of 2003 model were sold. Some bean counter at Dodge figured they could pump out a zillion more $80k+ cars without any ad or pr and sell them as well. Not gonna happen. The people who really knew about the car and wanted them already had 03 models. There are still more 03 and 04 Gen III sales than nearly any other year of Viper.

Believe it or not, those of us who truly admire Vipers are small in number. GenI and II owners think that everyone likes those cars. Not true. I do. So do people on this site, but we are small in number. Sadly, a majority of the general public think ALL Vipers are ugly. The Gen III actually has a larger circle of admirers, but that circle does not include many who were fans of the Gen I/II cars. The Gen III is not just an update of Gen I/II, it is a new and different car. This new and different car doesn't appeal to many Gen I/II people who were so enamored with the original designs.

I like the GenI/II cars. Fantastic cars. I especially like the GTS. I also like the Gen III. I drive mine everyday. I get the same thrill every time I drive.

My point with this thread was not the same tired argument over which is a better car, my point was that some of the GenI/II guys who don't like the Gen III are so tactless and thoughtless that they come onto the GenIII forum bashing the GenIII and pushing their opinions as fact. They somehow believe that everyone in the universe shares their opinions.

PS - The original Motortrend comparo called it a draw. The Viper outperformed in some areas and not in others. Ford had told Motortrend that the pre-production car tested was just as it would be produced. When Ford realized that the Viper was eating its lunch for 1/2 the price then they turned up the boost for other tests and for production cars. The GT's cute little engine is stretched thin to get that kind of power. Don't expect to be able to put a lot of miles on something that is straining that hard. The big V-10, on the other hand, yawns while pumping out 500+ horses. Getting 650 out of this engine still doesn't stretch it as thin as the GT.

Dirk
Dirk are you stupid or do your posts just make you look that way? Most people think that Vipers are ugly??? You truly have no clue and clearly don't own a Viper. Everytime I take my Viper out people are flipping out over it. Women go crazy,kids are grinning from ear to ear and the haters don't see me. Dupont Registry the most esteemed exotic magazine out there had the GTS as the 3rd best car of the century. Only the Diablo and McClaren were ahead of it. Not many people can afford a 80k toy that is why we are a small group. Man you need to really stop posting because you truly are clueless!!! :confused:

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]Dupont Registry the most esteemed exotic magazine out there

[/QUOTE]

Dude, You do realize that Dupont is nothing more than a sales rag and is "esteemed exotic" only in that it has a large amount of exotic cars for sale.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dupont Registry the most esteemed exotic magazine out there

[/QUOTE]

Dude, You do realize that Dupont is nothing more than a sales rag and is "esteemed exotic" only in that it has a large amount of exotic cars for sale.

[/QUOTE]Don't be bitter dude just because you wasted your money on a SRT-10 when you could have had a GTS. I'm just here to report the facts...don't kill the messanger. :eek:

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to your room YouWish (assphat). And learn to spell so when you make an insult it does not come off as laughable.

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be bitter dude just because you wasted your money on a SRT-10 when you could have had a GTS. I'm just here to report the facts...don't kill the messanger. :eek:

Hahahaha ... Dude what the hell is your problem? I said nothing about Viper SRT, GTS, RT10. All I said was the "Dupont Registrey" is a sales rag. You are a RETARD if you put any credibility in what the DUPONT REGISTRY says. What a fool ... hahahahah

Bitter??? Hey I am not the one ******* on everyones leg around here. That would be you ...

... maybe you should spend less time being an ass on the internet and more time cleaning that dirty POS of a VIPER you have. Those pics you have posted show a filthy engine compartment and a ratty ass interior. Since you have no performance upgrades, and all you have done is an ugly paint job and a Ghetto ass stereo system, one would think you would be more attentive to looking good and having basic automotive hygene. That's all you seem to care about anyway. Maybe the lack of paved roads where you live is the reason why your ride is as nasty as it is. NICE :rolleyes:

"CUSTOM VIPER" hehehehehehe alright brutha. As long as YOU think so. Maybe all those people that you keep claiming are gawking at your "Custom Viper" are really looking at YOU. A freak show will do that you know ... ;)

As far as what I "waste" my money on ... why don't you let me take care of that there champ, if I wanted a GTS I would have one. :smirk:

BTW please tell me that is not a picture of your house that you posted behind your dirty ass Viper? If it is ... that explains alot. :2tu:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
YOUWISH is a troll. Sadly a fellow Viper owner has to come here and toss insults about our cars.

Anyone how owns an SRT could certainly have purchased a GTS if we we wanted one. That fact is indisputable.

We picked our cars because we like them. You don't. So be it. Move along now. You are making a fool of yourself.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT owners appear to be a bunch of cry babies. That fact is indisputable.

Stop your whining.

Come on DC, buld a car that lives up to the Viper name!!

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote by VIPAH

Silver Snack, you really make me laugh. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

:2tu: :headbang:

Hey Vipah (wannabe), this is Jack Powell Dodge, if you really need a good laugh you should come by our Service Managers office when you bring in your silver/blue **** C4 and try to pass that off as a Viper. LMAO.

LMAO

LMAO

In the Garage
vipah.jpg

Out in the street

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote by VIPAH

Silver Snack, you really make me laugh. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

:2tu: :headbang:

Hey Vipah (wannabe), this is Jack Powell Dodge, if you really need a good laugh you should come by our Service Managers office when you bring in your silver/blue **** C4 and try to pass that off as a Viper. LMAO

Actually a better laugh is checking out SRT10's profile:

Profile for SRT10

Email
Member # 1563
Name
Total Posts 660
Homepage
Occupation Philantropist
Hobbies
Location NJ, USA
Bio
ICQ Number
Registered on 04/07/01 10:00 AM

That's an interesting occupation you have there! LMAO LMAO LMAO!!

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :headbang: :headbang: