What Some Will People Do

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is s new one for me. I am parked in the lot, just been in to the book store when I came out and saw an old Camry parked no more than 3” from my drivers door. It’s fairly late and only a handful of cars in the very big lot, obviously an intentional stunt. SOB! I can’t get in! I have to open the passenger door and crawl over to the drivers seat, no easy feat! What is their problem?

Oh well at least he did not scratch my car. I did take the opportunity to leave with 2 of his tire valves, oops.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you should of waited for him and ask just what the heck was he trying to prove. There are always jerks out there that want to screw with people that have a nice car and want to take care of it.:mad: I am sure he didn't care about the heap he was driving so what could you do. Was it parked way out so it was a long walk to the car and plenty of parking close to the door? I won't take my Viper anywhere that I can't see it at all times and can respond if some dumb a$$ tries something like that.
I am glad that you did not have any damage to your Viper.:2tu:

boplaw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have sat on the back of the Camry reading my book until that person returned. It would not have been a pleasant conversation; but a warranted conversation nontheless.

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did deflate 2 of his tires! I tried to wait as long as is could, but I had to run so the only thing I could think of was to take his air. Life is too short to work yourself up into a frenzy over other people’s short comings, so I moved on.

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me many years ago.
I figured punching in the side of the others guys car sent him a good message.:D

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a few cards in my wallet that I would put on someone's windshield if they parked too close:

"The next time you park so close please leave a f-ing shoehorn so I can get in."

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The things people do never stop to amaze me.

This past week I took my wife & son to Boston Market for a bite, left the 330CIC top down while we were inside just a few minutes. Came out & someone had thrown a full soda cup - hit the rear seat & exploded across the interior. The rear seat where my son sits had a puddle of soda in it. My 13 yr old was tearing up with hurt & anger - I had to check my emotion and told that in 20 mins our car would be good as new - but the person who did it would still be a jealous & mean person and carry the guilt of doing that their whole life. Of course meanwhile I was thinking why oh why couldn't I have caught the SOB - but probably better I didn't actually.

Dave.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the close parking trick played on me also. I went back to the restaurant and had the restaurant staff locate the guy and ask him to move his car. Became more of an embarassment to him I think. A whole restaurant wondering why he had to play the ****. Plus have his food get a little cold.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back to the restaurant and had the restaurant staff locate the guy and ask him to move his car. Became more of an embarassment to him I think. A whole restaurant wondering why he had to play the ****. Plus have his food get a little cold.

Lol talk about OWNED :D :2tu:

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I really like the idea of deflating the tires!! I like it so much that I'm going to buy myself a couple of valve stem removers and keep one in each of my vehicles. Thanks for the awesome tip!!!

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nothing ticks me off more than people messing with my car. I had a beautiful, fully restored, 1968 mustang when I was a kid. Went out clubbing with a buddy and parked the car at the top of the lot where there was no other cars to door ding me. We left the club and when we got near the car we saw some ****** bag urinating in the gas tank!! I'm pretty sure the beating he got was the worst of his useless life.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
There are jerks everywhere.

We get bicycle riders out here that think they own the road. I'm talking 10 to 20 bikes on Pacific Coast Highway early Saturday morning literally taking over on entire lane of traffic.

I have no problem sharing the road as long as these guys are reasonable. In this case, I usually come up behind then and shoot them a big, loud rev. That seems to scatter them pretty well and upset them too.

Not sure why some people act like they do. Perhaps I should start carrying a squirt gun.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never had someone park so close to me I couldnt get in my car, but I have had it spit on and keyed. Lowlifes like that are why I don't carry a gun. I'd be too trigger happy if someone messed with the Viper and I caught them

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are some real jerks out there.

My concern with deflating an idiot's tires is that the idiot could find your Viper later and do some real damage. It is not like a specific Viper is hard to find in most cities.....

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems to me that resorting to vandalism is a bit unbecoming of a viper owner.

Just imagine if it really wasn’t someone trying to be a **** but some old lady that just couldn’t park correctly. How would you like that to happen to your mother.

Just grow up and move on. If other people want to be jerks let them. They didn’t do any harm to your car. If they had, then that is another story.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im 34 and probably just too darn young to look the other way if someone did any of the previously mentioned stunts. Yes I have done my fair share of stupid things but ******* in a gas tank or throwing drinks in an open car OUCH. I have my Concealed Deadly Weapons Liscence here in Kentucky. Maybe I put the drop on some little punk and make him wet himself:spank:
Im glad you started this thread. I hadn't actually thought about someone intentionaly vandalising my car.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We ignore the rude people..there are too many nicer people out there...BUT having said that, since having the soft convertible top, we DO worry about parking where we'll be walking around, not seeing the car and think of some people who could knife the convertible top, who'd ever know who did it? We've been flipped the finger (made us laugh, we don't ever get upset or react); had a TransAm driver with a BABY in the front passenger baby seat who got pissed that we 'passed' him, so got his car into some gravel, and spun his rear tires to throw gravel at our car!!! Luckily, he was a BIT too far away, gravel fell short...that was a bit unbelievable..what some people will DO when they see this car, and get 'mad' at it???? COME ON people---it's JUST A CAR!!!!! :cool: Love the scenario on a commercial of a nice car parked in the middle of nowhere when a junker pulls up and parks 2 inches from the drivers' side---yep, happens to us all the time too!
Gotta take things in stride....but DAMAGE the car, whoo boy....watch out!! :mad: :nono:
~juli~
**And, yes, thinking of getting a hard-top!!

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Certain cars exude "attitude" and an impression of financial success. The Viper is definitely one of them even though its not really all that expensive. Most people are generally surprised when they find out that a run of the mill Porsche or Mercedes actually costs as much or more.

Unfortunately, cars that exude attitude tend to bring out hostility in some people, like the types who have made bad choices in life and now blame everyone else for their problems. In some twisted way, when they vandalize a Viper (or a similar type car), they feel like they are getting back at what they perceive as the "rich snobs" that are rubbing their noses in their own personal failure.

Sad but true.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentine Viper, what you say is so true--and yet if people actually KNEW that Mike works 365 days a year with NO time off to have such a vehicle like a Viper. Hardly has time to even enjoy the car, but of course, people don't know that....they '''''assume'''' he's just wealthy. Again, what you say is true--'attitude' is what it's all about, which is why we are friendly and are just 'car nuts', we like ALL cars and are VERY fortunate to be able to have the absolute pleasure to drive a car such as the Viper. We laugh the bad attitudes off....not much else one CAN do!! ~juli~

TwinTurbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valentine Viper, what you say is so true--and yet if people actually KNEW that Mike works 365 days a year with NO time off to have such a vehicle like a Viper. Hardly has time to even enjoy the car, but of course, people don't know that....they '''''assume'''' he's just wealthy. Again, what you say is true--'attitude' is what it's all about, which is why we are friendly and are just 'car nuts', we like ALL cars and are VERY fortunate to be able to have the absolute pleasure to drive a car such as the Viper. We laugh the bad attitudes off....not much else one CAN do!! ~juli~

Don't let nobody kid ya. People like Mike & Jili could buy and sell us. Like the old saying goes.... "It's better to have it and not want it....than want it and not have it". Now go spend some of that $$ and buy you another Viper!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TwinTurbo: You crack me up!! NO, Mike & I could not buy and sell any of you!! We are very fortunate to HAVE a Viper and meet all you very nice folks on these forums...attitude is a BIGGIE here...especially with what some of us have to go thru (TT--you know what I'm talking about here)....we just love cars, and ignore the ignorant people out there. Just enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!!!!! Twin Turbo---good luck with Heffner's...let us know!
~juli~