Who wants an AWESOME option???

Reaction score
I may be able to offer an alternative option for Gen2/3 Vipers wanting a power upgrade that is drop in with PCM control and even has a 12/12 warranty! Would there be any interest and what would be a fair price you would think for the entire package? FAIR not ridiculous pricing as you all know what a replacement motor or a custom build entails. for this kind of N/A power.

Power with production manifolds at 630 BHP, Power with Headers at 670 BHP (SAE Rating numbers)

· Mechanical Throttle Body
· Gen III air box
· Fixed Camshaft
· JTEC Control
· SAE crankshaft rear flange (Gen I, II, III compatible)
· Gen IV Swinging Pick-up
· Gen III mounts

Will need to increase fuel flow to make the horsepower (Gen II and Gen III pump does not flow enough fuel to make 600 + BHP!

:headbang:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has this been done yet for a GenII, for example, and if so is there are dyno sheet available showing the before/after? Why not go a little bit further and offer a heads package?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Has this been done yet for a GenII, for example, and if so is there are dyno sheet available showing the before/after? Why not go a little bit further and offer a heads package?

I will try to get the dyno sheets and post for everyone, this is basically a Gen4 motor build that will have new controllers and drop in.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will try to get the dyno sheets and post for everyone, this is basically a Gen4 motor build that will have new controllers and drop in.

Oooh...so drop in a Gen4 motor into a GenII possibly... Now that sounds like fun. :D

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark are we talking replacing the heads and cam to genIV configuration or dropping in an entirely new engine?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to offer an alternative option for Gen2/3 Vipers wanting a power upgrade that is drop in with PCM control and even has a 12/12 warranty! Would there be any interest and what would be a fair price you would think for the entire package? FAIR not ridiculous pricing as you all know what a replacement motor or a custom build entails. for this kind of N/A power.

Power with production manifolds at 630 BHP, Power with Headers at 670 BHP (SAE Rating numbers)

· Mechanical Throttle Body
· Gen III air box
· Fixed Camshaft
· JTEC Control
· SAE crankshaft rear flange (Gen I, II, III compatible)
· Gen IV Swinging Pick-up
· Gen III mounts

Will need to increase fuel flow to make the horsepower (Gen II and Gen III pump does not flow enough fuel to make 600 + BHP!

:headbang:
What is the stock fuel system rated for? How are SuperCharged Vipers with stock fuel system able to hit more than 700HP? I run nitrous that not does go lean at about 600rwhp?

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which of the following best describes:

1. Take a Gen III motor and modify

2. Give Credit for a Gen III motor and Drop a new motor in?

3. I keep my Gen III motor and you put a new motor in?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Mark are we talking replacing the heads and cam to genIV
configuration or dropping in an entirely new engine?

Entire new Gen4 engine and controller.

630BHP GenIII N/A motor:omg:

Gen4 N/A :2tu:

:eater:

What is the stock fuel system rated for? How are SuperCharged Vipers with stock fuel system able to hit more than 700HP? I run nitrous that not does go lean at about 600rwhp?

We tend to error on the side of caution when it comes to capacity. It may work but the slightest problem could cause real problems.

Which of the following best describes:

1. Take a Gen III motor and modify

2. Give Credit for a Gen III motor and Drop a new motor in?

3. I keep my Gen III motor and you put a new motor in?

can we get the mechanical throttle body on the Gen 4?

Not at this time and you would still need a Jtec controller and maybe the camshaft.

Dads Toy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
where are all of these motors comming from? hope they are not motors that were going into new vipers that might not happen. I really hope not but with all the gloom and doom in the news it made me wonder.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an interesting idea but I have to wonder about the cost...the GenIV motor in and of itself will be pretty hefty $$$. 600bhp is not difficult to obtain NA on a GenII or GenIII engine. Head work, camshaft, forged pistons, rods, etc. may be a more cost-effective way to get to 600bhp. How about offering an NA 600bhp package for existing GenII/III's?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's an interesting idea but I have to wonder about the cost...the GenIV motor in and of itself will be pretty hefty $$$. 600bhp is not difficult to obtain NA on a GenII or GenIII engine. Head work, camshaft, forged pistons, rods, etc. may be a more cost-effective way to get to 600bhp. How about offering an NA 600bhp package for existing GenII/III's?

Very true, but will you get a Warranty on it.

Bruce

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have to agree I mean with just headers, exhuast and a good tune we are seeing damn close to 600 BHP. Now throw a set of heads on we are well over 600 BHP for about 7000.00 and with those minor mods do we really need a warranty, I would feel comfortable doing that to my car with no warranty.

Don't get me wrong Mark this will definetely be an interesting option but affordable for some I don't know. But please give us some more details.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now throw a set of heads on we are well over 600 BHP for about 7000.00 and with those minor mods do we really need a warranty, I would feel comfortable doing that to my car with no warranty.

$7K is a stretch...when you take into account the creampuff internals that should be replaced rods, pistons, etc. quality head work, camshaft, tuning, etc. it gets into the 5 figures...without a warranty. The GenIV drop in with warranty is appealing...ya already got at 600hp engine to work with backed by a warranty. I'm just wondering what the cost would be perhaps with the creampuff parts swapped out.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Part of this thread is that I need some realistic opinions on the price such a package could sell for. This will help see if it is a viable option, and or how far it can be taken.

Thanks,

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess it would be interesting to see what the credit back for the stock GenIII engine would be as that would be a good part of the cost of the package. If you look hard enough you can get a rod/piston/valve spring/gaskets package for around $2000 and of course the work would be more but 600 HP as others have stated can be had with a GenIII. Also isnt the Gen4 engine pretty much maxed out power wise, more would cause problems. The GenIII with a lot less compression wth forged internals can take a lot more HP.

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of this thread is that I need some realistic opinions on the price such a package could sell for. This will help see if it is a viable option, and or how far it can be taken.

Thanks,
Mark,

The expense that one would incur by doing this would be well in the 20 or 30k dollar range by my guess. Again considering for well under 10K we could have over 600 BHP on a Gen III with headers, exhaust, tune and a good set of heads. Is that extra expense for a warranty necessary? Not for me anyway. I know that I am about to purchase a set of Greg Good heads and I already have the other mods I have mentioned that when I'm done I will have slightly over 7K ******* in mods to have over 600 BHP, and I'm pretty confindent that the motor will make it at least 12 months. Againg thanks for this option but if what your looking for is to see what the market for interest and pricing would be I personally think it is not financialy the logical way to go.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Mark,

The expense that one would incur by doing this would be well in the 20 or 30k dollar range by my guess. Again considering for well under 10K we could have over 600 BHP on a Gen III with headers, exhaust, tune and a good set of heads. Is that extra expense for a warranty necessary? Not for me anyway. I know that I am about to purchase a set of Greg Good heads and I already have the other mods I have mentioned that when I'm done I will have slightly over 7K ******* in mods to have over 600 BHP, and I'm pretty confindent that the motor will make it at least 12 months. Againg thanks for this option but if what your looking for is to see what the market for interest and pricing would be I personally think it is not financialy the logical way to go.

Would $17K complete make it a good value? :dunno: