Wierd Vibration problem.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, story starts at the time when I picked a rebuilt 05 ( I know, I know... please don't judge me :) ) The car drove fabulously for the first 1000 miles or so. But today after a short stop at gas station, it developed a very heavy vibration between 60 and 90 mph. it was worse while lifting off the gas pedal, and not so bad while accelerating. So I drove for about 20 mi, before deciding to pull over and inspect wth was going on. I thought maybe I had warped the rotor while braking hard in the rain. Got out of the car, turned wheels to one side then to the other side, so I could see and check visibly some of the suspension. Nothing jumped at my eyes, so I decided to carry on. Got back on to the highway, and the car drove smoothly like before... One thing I did while pulling over I used brakes heavily again. Could it be something that may need to be looked at? thanks

Last edited:

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple things to look for that I have come across in other cars with similar issues. Once I had some water freeze in the inside of a wheel and caused a very horrible vibration (it wasn't even that much water)..Another time I had a rock bounce up in a brake caliper and make some very odd noises.

Look for any missing weights inside the wheel

clean the inside of the wheel/brake components well. Look for anything that washes out, it should be just dust.

If it happens again, try changing gears without changing speed, it will narrow things down a little.

OP
OP

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple things to look for that I have come across in other cars with similar issues. Once I had some water freeze in the inside of a wheel and caused a very horrible vibration (it wasn't even that much water)..Another time I had a rock bounce up in a brake caliper and make some very odd noises.

Look for any missing weights inside the wheel

clean the inside of the wheel/brake components well. Look for anything that washes out, it should be just dust.

If it happens again, try changing gears without changing speed, it will narrow things down a little.

speed related or rpm related? see if you feel it sitting still as you take engine up in RPM's.

It definitely was a speed related issue, at any gear, or rpm. Ill bee keeping an eye on it I guess for now. the car drove okay the next day. thank you all

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang