2013 Track Pack Rear Brake Ducting

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just acquired a new 13 track pack.

While looking at it on my hoist, I noticed that the ducting for the rear brakes is dangling at the opening of the wheel well liner.

Is there something else that is supposed to connect to the duct to be become functional?

Thanks

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's an interesting piece of trivia with the gen5. The cooling intakes were originally for the rear diff., all early articles and interviews make note of this including Ralph himself who originally said that in testing they found the rear brakes didn't need cooling ducts, then well, they decided they did. Sometime in moving to real production they changed it to cool the rear bakes. On early cars the duct work is "sloppy" from the factor from this change, they said it was completely effective without having to have completed ducting. But .... Later cars have complete ducting. So your car is fine and came that way, but yes there is more ducting on later cars if you want to go that route.

OP
OP
S

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What additional parts are needed? Can anyone show me what the completed ducts look like?

My ducting from the scoop is present, but it stops just short of the opening in the fender liner and is just flopping around in there.

Thanks

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what the finisher looks like installed, the scoop and attaching hose harware os all that's needed.

Xhlr8n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are these available for those of us with 13's that are missing them?

Thanks

Reaction score
Are these available for those of us with 13's that are missing them?

Thanks

They can be found by part numbers, but not on the parts locator, they show that they have them, but they are unpriced so may not even ship if you do order them. We would have to try to find out both answers...