A/C problems on 2006 coupe questions..

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2006 coupe keeps losing its freon charge on the A/C. My dealer claims that it is due to me not driving the car enough to keep the seals set?:dunno: I think he is full of BS...

Did the 2006 cars have problems with leaking A/C's?

Any imput appreciated:2tu:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an '05 that never leaked, never, never, never.
Sounds like BS from the dealer, plain and simple.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he is full of it,my 94 zr-1 with 7000 miles allways sat,maybe 150 miles a year-still worked like a charm and ice cold,i know most mopars are famous for evap cores,have it check by a knowlagable guy,it doesnt cost much to have it checked..it could still be under warranty?

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had same issue on my '06 w/ AC. Dealer fed dye through AC lines and found and corrected/replaced damaged line. Warranty repair. Go elsewhere or request a recheck.

paul tat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 2006 coupe. After 5 attempts the dealer was still unable to fix my car. They tried replacing everything. Luckily I no longer have the car.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my 2006 coupe. After 5 attempts the dealer was still unable to fix my car. They tried replacing everything. Luckily I no longer have the car.
a smart veteran tech will nail it the first time!dont accept anything else,there is alot of guessers out there and b-shttrs.it looks complicated but not really if u get the right tech.

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a smart veteran tech will nail it the first time!dont accept anything else,there is alot of guessers out there and b-shttrs.it looks complicated but not really if u get the right tech.

Good post...veteran tech (that is paid fairly) will nail it the first time... it has nothing to do with the dealership ..but the success of the repair is contigent upon the skill and the incentive of the individual working on the vehicle at that point in time. Do you even know the name of the person working on your baby? do you care? did you give him a tip? $15 /hr + flat rate = poor/shoddy work:omg:

OP
OP
R

RMBSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Where in the Dallas / Ft Worth area should i take my coupe for warranty work? Any suggestions?

I live in Colleyville.