another CORSA Track system question

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Needless to say, O2 sims will be needed when going catless, right?

My buddy tried 02 sims and they didnt work. So he zip tied his up and its been fine. SO I did the same thing. I left them plugged in and just zip tied underneath to the wire loom. Works fine and no check engine light.

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what do you mean with RT cats? high flow cats? I have my high flow cats since 4 weeks in my company, but not installed. do you mean, that I should drive with 2 high flow and 2 stock cats?

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matrix--No--The RT is the Random Tech High Flow cats. The thread was on using these or only the secondary stock cats. But it would be difficult to get the best flow out of the stock secondary, unless you had the proper piping.

Matrix

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks for the reply. The problem here in Germany is the loudness. Isn´t it possible to use 2 high flow cats and 2 stock cats?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the sound very much louder when I remove the high flow cats and go catless with my corsa track?

YES!!!! But it sounds good. It took a little getting used to,but now it seems normal. You can cruise and its noticeable but not abnoxiuos, but once you are over 3-4K rpms, it roars like its **********. I love it. You will also gain a little power and torque by removing cats and going catless.
When I had RT cats and buddy was catless, he had me on the dyno by about 7hp up top and about 20-30 rwtq in the fat section 3-5K rpm range.

HAHAHA!!! WRONG - it IS abnoxiuos and it was like 25 hp in the 3-5k range too ;)

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Needless to say, O2 sims will be needed when going catless, right?

My buddy tried 02 sims and they didnt work. So he zip tied his up and its been fine. SO I did the same thing. I left them plugged in and just zip tied underneath to the wire loom. Works fine and no check engine light.

O2 sims work, I attest to that (have them now, and have had them before) mine are form Roe, but I am sure they are the same crap you find out there for $15/piece.

Now as for leaving them out and closing the hole on the pipe... interesting, I never heard of that. I wonder how it works...? They never reach operating temperature of course, I wonder what the process is, if anyone here knows please enlighten us!

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been a little confused about the function of the secondary 02's on the viper for years. A while ago a friend of mine installed the complete catless Belanger exhaust on his <u>supercharged</u> '97 GTS, leaving the secondary 02 in the place and it never set on 02 code...I would have thought they would set of a high 02 reading code, but they never did.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I've been a little confused about the function of the secondary 02's on the viper for years. A while ago a friend of mine installed the complete catless Belanger exhaust on his <u>supercharged</u> '97 GTS, leaving the secondary 02 in the place and it never set on 02 code...I would have thought they would set of a high 02 reading code, but they never did.

You are right, that's unusual.

The secondary O2 sensor is there as a requirement of OBDII, it is used to compare the O2% before and after the cat, to make sure that the cat is working (or that it is there!)

Taking it out does not affect performance in any way, just the obnoxious idiot light comes on.

On my car I first installed the off road exhaust, and the light came on (worth a try!!) then I slapped the sims on, and problem solved.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ILLSMOQ. I get it (I'll smoke you)I always wondered what you meant by (ells mock).........I went with Corsa/high flow (thanks Vipermann for the used pipes), and thanks to MikeR for letting me check out his set-up (corsa/no cats) tempting........Im happy with the result, sounds ballzier than the Corsa only set-up I had on my 04.........dave

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if you do RT hi flows &amp; Corsa, do you / can you leave the O2 sensors in place &amp; it'd be OK? Would it pass an OBDII emissions scanner test? When you go with O2 simulators would the car still pass the OBDII emissions scanner test? In Maryland they read the data from the computer on OBDII cars, it's not a sniff/treadmill test - this last go around I got a 2 yr waiver as they couldn't get a reading from my OBDII after 2 tries, I believe they don't have a program to read from the Viper, but they don't know, they 2nd time the guy just waivered it writing it up for not clearing the rollers (although it did), nice guy.

Dave (03 SRT)

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right, that's unusual.

The secondary O2 sensor is there as a requirement of OBDII, it is used to compare the O2% before and after the cat, to make sure that the cat is working (or that it is there!)

Taking it out does not affect performance in any way, just the obnoxious idiot light comes on.

On my car I first installed the off road exhaust, and the light came on (worth a try!!) then I slapped the sims on, and problem solved.

I know what the secondaries are there for....By "function" I was refering to the fact that the catless gts with the sensors in place did not set off a high 02 reading code and on my car with the sensors outside, I halfway expected to get a low 02 reading code. Anyway initially I bought the plug and play sims from parts rack, but when I installed them a p1719 (skip shift short or open circuit)was triggered. Evidently some of the trans componets share some circuitry with the 02 monitering system and the sims were causing a problem somewhere in there. That's how I ended up with the sensors out in the open.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Corsa question - should I get the 14174 (for high flows) or 14176 (for stock cats) if I plan on keeping the primary pair of cats? I was told I should go with the one for the stock cats since it will 2.5" all the way vice 3" with the other one.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Corsa question - should I get the 14174 (for high flows) or 14176 (for stock cats) if I plan on keeping the primary pair of cats? I was told I should go with the one for the stock cats since it will 2.5" all the way vice 3" with the other one.

Initially I installed a 3" version of the Corsa Track and bought a set of 3" to 2.5" reducers. I removed the seconday cats and welded the reducers in place then bolted the 3" track system in place. I planned to do headers or at least the high flow cat set up in the future. Why limit youself to 2.5" when for less than 50 bucks you can run the 3" version. One day you might decide to do more mods.

Great price on the Corsa Track

And The reducers I used from Summit Racing

They have shorter reducers if you intend to leave the secondary cats in place.

ALSO = are you getting a new car? I've followed your story...but I may have missed a little.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the cheapest I've found, I ordered a set last wednesday....

http://www.lmperformance.com/7150/63.html

1,177 shipping included! can't beat that!

On a sidenote, what do you think of their clutches?? SPEC brand...? my clutch is about to go, I need a cheap replacement to hold me over no more than a year max.

Better price even :2tu: ....I may have my 3" track for sale...couple weeks old...probably around 1k.

Spec is pretty good. I've installed them in other cars. I replaced my stock clutch with another stock clutch. Rather blow clutches than a rear end or another transmission.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sale already!! We should change your name NWEXST EVRYWK
hahaha

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Man, that is a cheap price for a Corsa...are you sure it is legit and not a Made in China ripoff?

I'll tell you when I see it, it was shipped friday.

But I wouldn't see why not. All these internet-only companies have such low overheads that they can afford to make a minute profit, as long as volume is decent.

I find my best deals at www.froogle.com

viperjim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One important fact that has been left out is that if you remove all of the cats then your car will have that bad exhaust smell. If yours is a convertible, then you will stink too. My other fun car is a '69 Corvette 427 with 3x2's and I smell like a bad mixture between raw gas and exhaust smell. Idling in traffic on a hot summer day is the worst. I won't drive it to work because of the muscle car cologne it leaves on me.
Jim

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a couple catless Vipers in the past (sidepipe cars) and never thought the smell was that bad or annoying...and if my wife did not complain it could not have been that bad!

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a vert and will get a wiff once and awhile,but its not bad. I dont mind it and my girlfriend never complains. All my Vipers will be catless.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zorroespanol and let us know when it arrives.

Ok they are here and they are the real thing...

These things are totally smooth inside, except for small holes at one end of the muffler!!

I can't wait to put them on! will have to wait till late next week :-(

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I got the Corsa Track installed aboout a week ago. I love it, sounds great...........Everyoen said there is a drone, i dont hear any drone at all. I love it.

HUH ? NO ONE says CORSA has a Drone. In fact, all the commentary, claims, and testimonals are the EXACT OPPOSITE. Hate Drone? Hate resonance? Choose CORSA.

Models to fit 3" HF cats; Models to fit oe cats; No Crossover (preferred); Crossover (Europe); +20HP; - 19lbs wt with no crossover.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote

HUH ? NO ONE says CORSA has a Drone. In fact, all the commentary, claims, and testimonals are the EXACT OPPOSITE. Hate Drone? Hate resonance? Choose CORSA.

Models to fit 3" HF cats; Models to fit oe cats; No Crossover (preferred); Crossover (Europe); +20HP; - 19lbs wt with no crossover.

[/QUOTE]

Many people on the forums said the Corsa track has a drone and even DOug Levin told me the corsa track has a drone. I for one think there is no drone at all.