Best (or funniest) reaction when driving your snake?

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok. Lets here some true stories! I will go first. Just last week,I had 2 cars behind me on a one lane street.One was a cab van,the other some foreign car behind him.

Keep in mind one lane.

I literally saw both fighting to get/stay close behind me. The cab had to pass me in oncoming traffic as the other car wouldv'e hit him from behind because he was trying to pass him to get between us.

The car actually passed on the sidewalk! about 3 seconds after the cab passed me on the left into oncoming traffic! crazy!:dunno::confused:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I attended my first little mini-meet and cruise last weekend. Lots of people would spin out and take off real fast when the took off at the stop lights across from us. Also had lots of kids hanging out their windows and taking cell phone pics of us. It was pretty cool.:headbang:

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was the guy in the Dodge Cummins lifted 4 X 4 that looked down at me at a stoplight and said "that is the coolest car in this whole f'n town".

V

Venomiss

This was when we had our black 2003 vert.
We did an event at Whiteman Airforce Base a few years ago. Some of the car clubs from our area were invited to dinner/veteran reunion the evening before the all day airshow. The base commander asked to drive our car on the tarmac where all the aircraft were parked and being inspected. You could hear all the crewman yelling and the commander and his wife came back with the biggest smile on their faces. :usa::usa::usa:

Best part was there were all kinds of other exotics present and he wanted to drive ours.

DDlesk06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a stop light, guy in truck looks over and says, "nice car... I'd trade ya but I just filled up my gas tank" :)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was stopped behind a pack of motorcycles. The guy closest to me turned around and almost fell off his bike when he the Viper right behind him. I get lots of thumbs up and smiles. One biker said "How about we trade all 4 bikes for the Viper?" I said "Thanks but NO".

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our BEST story is pulling up next to an old pickup truck with a man driving and an elderly lady in the passenger seat...he motioned for me to roll down my window, which I did, and he pointed to the lady and said "My Mom LOVES your Viper"...looked over at her and she had TEARS in her eyes and was shakingly giving us the 'thumb-up' vigourously!!!! We were truly touched!!! We gave thumbs up back, smiled, and blasted outta there, looked back and she was laughing hysterically!! THAT's our BEST story.
Nice to read these other ones as well! ~juli
POSITIVE stories are ALWAYS welcomed!!!

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving on the freeway in the middle of Nevada doing about 85
I was in the left lane and this Dodge truck comes flying up next to me in the right lane. I look over and see the female driver sitting sideways taking pictures of my car. The truck then pulls up ahead and the driver leans out her window and starts taking more pics facing back towards me.
I'm guessing someone else had their hands on the wheel :omg:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twice while creeping along in 10 mph traffic, the driver of the other car crashed into the car ahead of him because he was watching the Viper and not looking ahead. Not alot of damage but certainly created a stir.

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had some high school kids (2 guys and a girl) in a Mazda 6 pull a u-turn at a crazy intersection and speed down a road notorious for speed traps just to give me the thumbs up and tell me they loved my car. I slowed down enough so they could hear me and asked them if they wanted to go for a ride. Both of the guys went but the girl "had very specific plans for her first ride in a Viper", whatever that means. I took each of them on a quick jaunt up the toll road where we hit a respectable 120 very quickly, then slowed down and B.S.'d with them about cars.

I never got to sit in, let alone ride in a Viper before I bought mine last year, and growing up I probably would have literally killed someone for a ride in a Viper. Any time I see someone taking pictures of it parked, I offer to take their picture in it with their camera. Mostly younger kids, some adults, who were all very thankful. One particular young man thanked me for being a "cool exotic owner." When I asked him what he meant, he said that a Lambo owner in Dallas yelled at him and told him to stop taking pictures of his car at a softball tournament up there. I definitely try and apply the golden rule when I'm out in my car.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C5
- I had college girls press their exposed bits against their window at me twice while driving.
- Phone number thrown in my passenger window by a girl in the next lane.
- Middletown cops pulled me over and called their buddies over to check the car out for 15 minutes once. No ticket!
- I came out from a local breakfast joint to see a 6 or 7yo kid holding his dad's hand and he said "WOW! A Corvette!" as he walked past..... I called to them before they got too far away and let the kid climb into the driver seat for a few minutes. He was ECSTATIC, lol. I felt good for making their day. I think it was Palm Sunday, too.

TA
- Guy in a truck at a stoplight leaned out and said "That is the MEANEST sounding car I've ever seen!" (he had to yell so I could hear him)
YouTube - 1994 Trans Am GT

- "Yeah, but I didn't think it was THAT fast." Grand National owner after I beat him in front of his wife. Thanks to Mike Plaia for taking the time to set up a nice suspension on that TA!

96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I moved to Vegas I pulled the Viper on a trailer using my father's a solar yellow quad-cab Dodge truck. The car is painted like the American Flag and usually gets a lot of attention. I forget what state we were going through, but we came upon a large convoy of military vehicles and the sign on the back of the last vehicle said "Convoy training for Operation Iraqi Freedom." As we passed by, I could see all the troops in the back of the vehicles giving me the thumbs up. :2tu::usa:

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tagged along to a Italian Sports car show with my brother one year. He had a 328 but they let me put my Viper back in the back area. Most of the Ferrari's, Lambo's and other exotics had roped off areas around them so no one could get close. Wifey and I were camped up under a tree, letting people take pictures, taking pictures of people sitting in the car and just bs'ing with crowd. Heard this SCREAM and a girl (probably 15 or 16 but looking much older ;) ;) ) comes running up. Now she's running past lots of cars worth 500K and up to see a 7 year old Viper :). We talked for a while and her mom said it was her dream car and she had pictures all over the room of them. I got my camera out and took a high resolution picture and sent it to her-she could not believe I'd let her sit in my car.

I was not invited back the next year.....they had a voting of the peoples favorite car and mine had gotten too many write in votes and pissed some people off.

This is just one of many stories I could tell.

Bill

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had many good reactions from folks but the funnist was a young boy about 10 11 years old drags his mother up to the car and screams" MOM...THIS IS THE CAR IM GOING TO MARRY SOME DAY"
:lmao:

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had some high school kids (2 guys and a girl) in a Mazda 6 pull a u-turn at a crazy intersection and speed down a road notorious for speed traps just to give me the thumbs up and tell me they loved my car. I slowed down enough so they could hear me and asked them if they wanted to go for a ride. Both of the guys went but the girl "had very specific plans for her first ride in a Viper", whatever that means. I took each of them on a quick jaunt up the toll road where we hit a respectable 120 very quickly, then slowed down and B.S.'d with them about cars.

I never got to sit in, let alone ride in a Viper before I bought mine last year, and growing up I probably would have literally killed someone for a ride in a Viper. Any time I see someone taking pictures of it parked, I offer to take their picture in it with their camera. Mostly younger kids, some adults, who were all very thankful. One particular young man thanked me for being a "cool exotic owner." When I asked him what he meant, he said that a Lambo owner in Dallas yelled at him and told him to stop taking pictures of his car at a softball tournament up there. I definitely try and apply the golden rule when I'm out in my car.

Good to see a do gooder, Viper owner! Keep paying it forward, brother!!!!

Obsidian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving from PA into NJ along route 46, a nice drive along the river. For about 10 miles I had a car in front of me with a young boy turned around in his seat (hopefully he still had his seat belt on) staring at my Viper. He didn't take his eyes off the Viper once, through all the twists and turns. It was about 15 straight minutes of staring.

Another time, I was doing a cruise with Flash Gordon and a group of about 5 teenages SCREAMED "VIPERS!!!", loud enough that you could easily hear them over the exhaust notes of our two cars.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving from PA into NJ along route 46, a nice drive along the river. For about 10 miles I had a car in front of me with a young boy turned around in his seat (hopefully he still had his seat belt on) staring at my Viper. He didn't take his eyes of the Viper once, through all the twists and turns. It was about 15 straight minutes of staring.

The Viper DOES seem to attract MANY very very young children!! We also have stories, and they mostly concern VERY young children...surprising they KNOW what the car is!
~juli
(Yes, kindness to others (jasontiff) ALWAYS pays off)

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week while driving to the beach I was on a two lane road just a few blocks from the strip. I had the top down and was behind skeetacha in his B/W GTS. Suddenly I hear a screeching and look in the right lane.... A DHL van is doing it's best to avoid hitting traffic stopped for the light. Somehow he manages to get it stopped just shy of the truck's bumper. As I pass, I see the driver pointing and laughing with his eyes wide open.

He makes gestures to suggest he was looking at our vipers, and not traffic :nono:

:usa:

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was driving on the freeway in the middle of Nevada doing about 85
I was in the left lane and this Dodge truck comes flying up next to me in the right lane. I look over and see the female driver sitting sideways taking pictures of my car. The truck then pulls up ahead and the driver leans out her window and starts taking more pics facing back towards me.
I'm guessing someone else had their hands on the wheel :omg:

Or she had a pair of something holding the wheel:omg::rolaugh:

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, word on the street is you were holding the wheel for her while she took the pics? So whats that all about big guy? :dunno:
:D

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in north haven Connecticut last spring sitting at a stoplight on a busy road where there was construction going on. a bunch of workers screamed out "light em up" I replied "would love to but don't need a ticket ".
out steps a cop from behind the pack of workers and he tells me if you don't smokem I will give you a ticket.
I pulled a huge burnout then looked in my mirror to see 2 black stripes in the road, rubber dust floating in the air and a cop and a bunch of workers laughing and pumping their fists in the air.

also in Miami beach just cruising, hot Latin girl at light says"what does one have to do to get a ride in that ?
I said I usually don't give rides to strangers.
then she lifted up her bikini top and said "will this work" it did....and then some.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At a car cruise a couple of years ago where there were alot of exotics that were in excess of 200k, I parked next to them at the end of the day. There was a gaggle of kids blowing off the other cars and drooling over my car. I came out, let the kids sit in the car and then let them get their pictures while in the car so their parents and friends could see.

Lots of red-faced Lambo and Ferrari type A personalities. There is nothing like the Viper. At that point, I knew I had something special.

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
also in Miami beach just cruising, hot Latin girl at light says"what does one have to do to get a ride in that ?
I said I usually don't give rides to strangers.
then she lifted up her bikini top and said "will this work" it did....and then some.

Now that's the kind of attention I want:headbang:

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Sitting at traffic light in Hamden, CT, the kid is staring at my Viper and hits the car in front of him.
- leaving a diner in Bridgeport, CT I am sitting at a traffic light when a guy driving pulls up beside me. He says something to the girl in the passenger seat and the next thing I know there is a full moon in her window, then she reverses and plants the mammaries against the glass....I am speechless.
- late for a closing in Stamford, CT and doing about 90 mph down the highway, a State Trooper closes in on me very quickly, gets on his loud speaker and says "Nice Ride!", then proceeds to taunt me from the passing lane. I punch it and he punches it. Well, yall know the outcome, after he catches up to me he gives me the thumbs up and drives off.
- A yellow Z06 challenges me on the highway...we maneuver to open traffic...about 10 cars are tailing me and cheering me on to see the show down. No cars are tailing the Vette.
- my first few weeks w/ the Viper in my town, girls would follow me to my office claiming they were lost

I could go on..but u get the picturre here! Vipers rule!:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62