Corsa Exhaust Info

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased on 08 with a Corsa exhaust and am getting ready to buy acrx headers. Is there any way to tell if the corsa is 2.5" or 3", or do I have to take the side covers off. The original owner doesn't know.

Also if I need to take the side covers off is there any tips on removing it? I read somewhere about a hard to get to bolt?

Thanks

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I purchased on 08 with a Corsa exhaust and am getting ready to buy acrx headers. Is there any way to tell if the corsa is 2.5" or 3", or do I have to take the side covers off. The original owner doesn't know.

Also if I need to take the side covers off is there any tips on removing it? I read somewhere about a hard to get to bolt?

Thanks

The one hard to reach screw I believe is located in the "Gill" just in front of the doors. Heard it's a PITA to get at. The rest of it is pretty straight forward.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does the owner have a receipt or invoice showing the actual Corsa part number? The 14176 is the 2.5" and the 14174 is the 3".

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think the hp diff bet two systems are on a car with headers and high flow cats?

F

FrgMstr

The one hard to reach screw I believe is located in the "Gill" just in front of the doors. Heard it's a PITA to get at. The rest of it is pretty straight forward.

Not hard if you do it right....10mm deep socket.

You must be registered for see images

F

FrgMstr

Thanks! I will have to take a look and see how hard it is to access before I start drilling holes. Is that the only way?

I cannot physically get my hands far enough in with a wrench to turn it. Had to have a buddy do it for me. So surely you can do it by hand without any mods. We cut holes after we spent the time to take the side sills off once. PITA otherwise.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 inch may rob a little torque on bottom end but gain on high rpm.. just measure the tailpipe for 2/12 or 3 inch im thinkin

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You have a 2 1/2 system if you have the stock exhaust. Specify 2 1/2 outlets for the headers. We tested with the stock muffler, Corsa 2 1/2 and 3 inch (with headers), Same results as Mark, power was almost the same with all of them, the 3 inch with Corsa made the most by just a few hp. It was the loudest though.

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! I will have to take a look and see how hard it is to access before I start drilling holes. Is that the only way?

I pulled the inner fender off on the first side I did made it very easy to get to the bolt but a real PITA I ended up drilling the wholes out for access

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Correct when you drill hole where located on picture the bolt will be right In front of you then you can easily get wrench on it. You will be cutting into the inner fender.

F

FrgMstr

I'm confused. The bolt that I feel is on the other side of the fender coming down from the top, where the "gills" are.

Yes, there are two, bolts, pointing downward, that located the top of the side sill. One far to the front top of the sill, and one towards the rear. You do NOT need to fully take the nuts off, but rather back it way off so that the side sill top will slide over the detents. The one towards the front of the car is the one that is the PITA and where you can drill out the hole to take off.

Here are the instructions from Corsa for removing the side sills.

http://www.corsaperf.com/media/pdf/14174/ins5028.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two nuts holding the the front top of the sill to the fender. The one that FrgMstr shows and the one you're probably feeling inside the sill vent (gill). You don't have to remove the nut, just loosen it as the sill is slotted. Then just remove about ten screws under the sill in the front and rear wheel wells and door sills. Your best resource here and in the future will be a shop manual. I guarantee you will tear into that car more and more and the manual is awesome.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, there are two, bolts, pointing downward, that located the top of the side sill. One far to the front top of the sill, and one towards the rear. You do NOT need to fully take the nuts off, but rather back it way off so that the side sill top will slide over the detents. The one towards the front of the car is the one that is the PITA and where you can drill out the hole to take off.

OK Thanks!!- I wish I could find a printed manual. They didn't make one right? I don't have a laptop available and don't want to be running up and down to my pc trying.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just reached in and found the bolt you are talking about. I can see how that will be a bear to get at.
Thanks

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So assuming I have a Corsa 2.5" exhaust and there isn't much hp difference between the 3" and 2.5" systems, would there be any problem going from 3" acrx headers with 3" hi flo cats to the 2.5" corsa's?

Thanks

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a Corsa system. The inlet is 2.5" but the mufflers and tips are 3" all the way thru. So the only difference is the inlet size.

beerly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Belangers that are 3" at the collectors into hi flow cats. Then they reduce to 2.5" after the cats to a 2.5" Corsa. Haven't noticed any issues. And it sounds awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456