** COUPE PARTS NEEDED ** to help one of Ours!!!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
** Coupe parts needed ** Calling All Members
As a few of you know, the car I have used to develop my Convertible to Coupe Rear End Conversion Kit on was shipped to me by a young soldier named Nick, he was stationed in Afgahanistan and he was using his combat pay to pay for parts that I am using to convert his convertible to a coupe.

Because he was gracious enough to let me use his car to prototype a few parts on I have been doing the conversion free of any costs outside of charging him my wholesale cost on the parts required. Along the way I am literally taking apart my 06 Coupe to figure out what is needed for his conversion.

Now, unfortunately, Nick is no longer receiving his combat pay because as I was informed yesterday morning in an email from his Mom, Nick was injured while being the front man of his crew by an explosion of an anti personnel/anti tank mine.

Nick is in Germany right now and has had one surgery and is on his way back to Washington tonight to undergo more testing and more surgeries.

I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that Nick gets his Coupe, even though his Combat pay is no longer happening and his budget has now been reduced. I am going to find him a coupe roof and rear hatch and put as much of my own funds into this project as needed to supplement whatever Nick can now afford in order for him to get the car he wanted.

I would like to know if any members here have any coupe interior hatch trim parts or any coupe parts for that matter that they may be willing to either donate or sell to me cheap to help me bring Nicks dream to life.

This is Nick's second purple heart he has earned fighting/liberating our "friends" over there, and he wants to go back.

This country needs more people like Nick!

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What interior parts do you need? I have everything from my car I converted to race and will be MORE than glad to donate. My son has now been in the Army for 5 months and I would want this to come back around if he was in need. I have the headliner and side panels but no rear carpet or pad as my car was a *********.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What interior parts do you need? I have everything from my car I converted to race and will be MORE than glad to donate. My son has now been in the Army for 5 months and I would want this to come back around if he was in need. I have the headliner and side panels but no rear carpet or pad as my car was a *********.

Thanks!

greatly appreciated, I am giving Nick my Autoform Coupe rollbar and bulkhead, the side panels and headliner will really help out, you can reach me at my email [email protected] if you can package them up and give me some dims and a weight and a ship from address, I will email you a fedex waybil to cover the shipping.

Thanks again! Truly a pay it forward crowd here!

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the autoform rollbar comes with a different headliner?? If anything changes with your other headliner I do have one...

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might have an Autoform roll bar designed pad but I will have to check. Let me know what else you need

Alteredego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No coupe parts, sorry, but hope you mend quickly Nick.
Steve, i know you hekp us service members out a lot- Thank you. And thank you all for donating to help get this soldiers car up and going.
Would it be against the club rules to get a *** going to maybe get Nick some custom stiching in his seats, just a little from a lot of members would get something tasteful done to the back of the seats.
Just an idea from a guy that has alot of combat pay sunk into these cars. He would not mind at all if this were done. Id put in the first bit if we can make this happen.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No coupe parts, sorry, but hope you mend quickly Nick.
Steve, i know you hekp us service members out a lot- Thank you. And thank you all for donating to help get this soldiers car up and going.
Would it be against the club rules to get a *** going to maybe get Nick some custom stiching in his seats, just a little from a lot of members would get something tasteful done to the back of the seats.
Just an idea from a guy that has alot of combat pay sunk into these cars. He would not mind at all if this were done. Id put in the first bit if we can make this happen.

Thanks Scott!

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Good job guys:2tu::usa:

Steve, if your still short interior pieces after you get the stuff sent by the awesome people that posted, let me know. I can certainly buy some pieces and have them shipped to you. I'll help if I can.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool move Steve! :2tu:

Hope Nick and his crew stay safe, get better and comes home soon! Building an incredible car for incredible warrior sounds like a cool project! Hope we get final pics when it's finished. :headbang:

--RS

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know where to send a donation for your fund. Both my wife and I spent about 8 years in the Air Force.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in as well for donations! I'm retired USAF and my wife is still Active Duty, she deploys Sunday morning for another tour, I'll see her again around Thanksgiving. Get Well soon Nick! Jeff

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody that wants to donate towards Nick's build can send to [email protected],

it will not be tax deductible and it will go to either parts or his paint job.

I will forward every paypal notice to Nick so please give him some words of encouragement in the note/comment section of the paypal window.

Thanks everyone, Nick will be a happy camper when he arrives in Washington and gives me a call from the hospital.

Steve

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is Nick, I've arrived back to the US finally for more treatement at a hospital in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. I want to thank everyone for the great thought and help. I talked to Steve last night when I arrived and was told about all your combined efforts to help me complete this project. Owning a Viper alone has been a life long dream but now owning a Viper that the whole community is coming together to help work on is beyond any words can explain. I am lucky to still be here today and even luckier that I am apart of a community to help me with a dream project that I could have only afforded through a full deployment and even then was a financial stretch. Once again, I cannot thank the VCA club and Steve enough for this! I asked Steve to compile a list of who is contributing so I can thank each individual person involved. I'll post replies as often as I can but I still have one more move to the hospital in Fort Knox, Kentucky. Once again, thank you all!

:usa:

Thanks, Nick

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is Nick, I've arrived back to the US finally for more treatement at a hospital in Fort Bragg, North Carolina. I want to thank everyone for the great thought and help. I talked to Steve last night when I arrived and was told about all your combined efforts to help me complete this project. Owning a Viper alone has been a life long dream but now owning a Viper that the whole community is coming together to help work on is beyond any words can explain. I am lucky to still be here today and even luckier that I am apart of a community to help me with a dream project that I could have only afforded through a full deployment and even then was a financial stretch. Once again, I cannot thank the VCA club and Steve enough for this! I asked Steve to compile a list of who is contributing so I can thank each individual person involved. I'll post replies as often as I can but I still have one more move to the hospital in Fort Knox, Kentucky. Once again, thank you all!

:usa:

Thanks, Nick

Good luck and get well soon.

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mods, this is one thread that should have been made a 'sticky' when first posted!
What both Steve and Nick are currently doing is very special and it deserves everyones attention. Really it just shows what the Viper people and our country are made of!
Steve, I will be sending a paypal payment your way...can't promise much because times are a little tight... but what you are doing for Nick, is just too much for you to shoulder on your own and the Viper community should all band together to help you in any way that we can. I have a feeling the hard work you've put into developing that **** end will pay off.
Nick, it's difficult to express how much we should AND do appreciate all you've sacrificed to help keep our country safe.... so lets just say GO USA!

Proud of you boys...we need more people like you both these days!

Scott

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry everyone but while I'm at it I might as well throw this out..... I really think the VCOA should allow any active military members that currently own a Viper to be a VCOA member at no cost. I would gladly pay an extra few $$ to allow them the freedom on this site that they provide us with their service!!

Okay done now...time for some Playoff Basketball.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Sorry everyone but while I'm at it I might as well throw this out..... I really think the VCOA should allow any active military members that currently own a Viper to be a VCOA member at no cost. I would gladly pay an extra few $$ to allow them the freedom on this site that they provide us with their service!!

Not only yes, but Hell yes. Excellent idea:clap2::clap2:

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to thank Scott Calder and Michael Scherzberg for the donations. I also want to thank David Pintaric and Matt Miller for the parts donations. I don't get on the Internet much now so I apologize for the delay. Your help means more to me than you could believe! - Nick

fastandloud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bumping this back up....

While we're all very excited about the vert to coupe **** end conversion that Steve is working on, let us not forget the sacrifice of a real hero in Nick and help out with some of his out of pocket expense (surely a run on sentence).
We are all happy to give a 100 bucks for the CHANCE to win a raffle car (well worth the $$ btw)...let's be just as happy to help Nick out w his dreams and Steve who is doing all the R&D work to make this possible.
Steve has made it easy... send a payment to [email protected] and sleep well tonight knowing you've helped out two good, clean Viper owning soldiers of our own!!!!

Reaction score
As discussed with Steve, we will be able to provide several coupe body panels for a very reasonable cost, including the lift gate, quarters, rear fascia, etc.

Supratt6s

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome!!!!!! Who's next?

BTW, I've never known or met either gentlemen...just the right thing to do!

Sir, I'd like to say thank you. I've been in contact with Steve a lot recently about the members coming forward for this project. Once my vehicle is completed I plan on flying out to pick up my car personally to thank Steve for getting the forums to help out. I know there's already a VCA edition Viper but I think this is a true VCA edition! This will truly become a very special and one of a kind car! Right now I'm still at Fort Bragg recovering trying to get transferred back to my home duty station at Fort Knox so I've had pretty limited Internet access. I just wanted to thank everyone on the forums for the generosity! - Nick

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, just found this thread. Do you still need donations? Let me know.
Sal

That's our government for you. Receive 'Combat pay' until you are wounded. As a reward your pay is cut. What a country.

Nick, Get Well Soon!

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, just found this thread. Do you still need donations? Let me know.
Sal

That's our government for you. Receive 'Combat pay' until you are wounded. As a reward your pay is cut. What a country.

Nick, Get Well Soon!

Hi Sal,

Yes, donations are still needed, we have many parts to buy and a paint job to do.