Does the Viper UConnect nav have live traffic?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Curious. I love the feature in my BMW (Even though, it is terrible at times). The UConnect page rambles on about Sirrus traffic integration, but I can't find more than that.

jennq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The UConnect is awesome! So much better than the COMAND in Mercedes. Although I don't think we will keep SIRIUS once trial expires because you can stream Pandora with UConnect as well as any phone, MP3 player, etc, at the push of a button. But traffic does require Sirius, I guess.

OP
OP
V

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BMW really has it down with iDrive IMO.

I think only those that live in cities and drive around cities, really can appreciate the live traffic feature LOL

(Though, to be fair, I always check google maps before going anywhere in DC, traffic is so bad and unpredictable)

jennq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes, agree. I wouldn't give it up in my DD but our Viper will not see much traffic!

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like there's no HD in the UConnect unit in the Viper. I love the MyGig drive they put in the nav system of my Ram; got a bunch of CDs copied to it so I never have to worry about bringing CDs, MP3 player, using my cell phone, etc to play what I want to hear when I'm on the road. Gonna miss that in the new Viper...not that I had it in any other Viper anyway...

AustinQ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
UConnect is hands down the best designed interface in our vehicles. I do not want car makers installing apps. Everything I want is on my phone and I want to be able to stream all my content from this or any other bluetooth device to the car interface. We currently have 5 different users able to stream to UConnect (not sure the maximum allowed). All the features are outlined here...http://www.driveuconnect.com/features/uconnect_access/

jennq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks like there's no HD in the UConnect unit in the Viper. I love the MyGig drive they put in the nav system of my Ram; got a bunch of CDs copied to it so I never have to worry about bringing CDs, MP3 player, using my cell phone, etc to play what I want to hear when I'm on the road. Gonna miss that in the new Viper...not that I had it in any other Viper anyway...

It's the same system so I'd bet the MyGig is there. It's the same one (previous gen tho) in my F car as well and I can do all the HD uploads.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the same system so I'd bet the MyGig is there. It's the same one (previous gen tho) in my F car as well and I can do all the HD uploads.

My Ram is a 2011 so it won't be the same system. I'm thinking there's no MyGig in the new system because a scan of the owners manual for the Gen V never turned up anything about it. I can stream music to the UConnect system if need be but I preferred the convenience of copying music to the HD and playing it off the HD at will later without needing another device.

CRASCH

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could just buy an SD card and leave it plugged in.

They are around $1 a GB online, pretty sure the 32GB cards would work and the 64GB cards and larger probably will.

You can also buy short adapter cards that will lay flush and use micro SD cards, if the thought of it sticking out slightly annoys you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang