Doing Some Work To My Garage Walls-Suggestions?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, can't stand looking at my cluttered garage. So, started working on the walls to make the place look a little nicer and certainly cleaner. I've seen other threads with pics of some really cool garages, but not likely I'll be doing that much. That said, would like to see what others have done so I can find some things I can do.

Just pulled all the (ugly/old) shelve down off one wall and painted it semi-gloss white (more for cleanliness). Think I'd rather have a color, any thoughts?

Thanks for any suggestions.:2tu:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres mine... Nothing compared to some on here..

You must be registered for see images attach

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Buy some chair rail at home depot and do a two tone in the garage. Really makes a big difference. I bought a bunch of tin signs and put them on the cabinets. Bought the banner off ebay.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, add some yellow to it! Will do WONDERS for it! :lmao:

Some drywall, paint and banners/posters. My suggestion. Could even do a small sofa in the corner if you have the room with a engine block coffee table and maybe even a TV and small bar. :)

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here we go again... Let's see those garage pics!!

Here's a few of mine before I added all of the recessed fluorescent lighting:

This is what it looked like before the makeover.

Sneaky Pete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, you guys either own a lot less stuff than I do, or have a lot more storage someplace else!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:nono: :nono: That's just typical I thought Moderators where not supposed to get involved in Colour comments. Any more of this and I will have to report you :D

Mark
:uk:
2000FAST RED GTS No92 ALMS Replica

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rest of the garage is pretty boring (epoxy floors rock!), but I did do this painting years ago:

You must be registered for see images

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Snake, the black looks awesome. If you had to do it again, would you go with black or some other color?

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow I would PAY to live in some of those garages!

ok here's one for everyone to laugh at:lmao:

DSCN1831.JPG

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that done freehand?
I projected it on the wall with an old-school overhead projector my Dad bought surplus at work for $5, outlined it in tape and pencil marks then filled it in and touched up the edges to make it clean.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red Snake, the black looks awesome. If you had to do it again, would you go with black or some other color?

Thanks,

Yes I would do the black again. I takes a little work to keep it looking that good but then I like spending time in my garage. It's worth it IMO.

The only things that I would do differently is that I would put more anti-slip additiive down and I would put more/thicker coats of the clear sealer down. Both of those issues are being corrected later this month. :2tu:

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I projected it on the wall with an old-school overhead projector my Dad bought surplus at work for $5, outlined it in tape and pencil marks then filled it in and touched up the edges to make it clean.

You gave me something to do over the summer :2tu:

ZDigital1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's stunning :headbang: Fantastic job :2tu:

So where did all the other things in the garage end up?

Mark
:uk:

Thanks Mark!
The before shot was right before I bought this house. Asd a matter of fact, that is my realtor in the shot. The previous owner had cleaned out everything except the 2 large white cabinets. I positioned those to the left side (not pictured) painted them and store most of my lawn care products in them. Since I have a lawn/landscaper take care of the lawn, I don't have to worry about storing riding mowers etc...
I also own a 20' enclosed car trailer that I can store items in if needed.
Asd far as the design is concerned, I worked with a graphic artist and between the two of us, we incorporated the 3 dimensional look into a modern contemporary theme to match the decor of the house interior. I love contemporary furnishings and the home automation. It rocks!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I did ask....

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post pics.:headbang: Some really nice garages and some great ideas for me to work with. Don't have the space some of you have, though it is a two car garage...with my wife's car in one spot.

Typical problems get in the way, water leaks on one side where the wall is all concrete (foundation). Drainage is poor at the entrance and the builder didn't grade the floor towards the doors:mad:....oh well.

Have started the process of cleaning out and began the (slow) painting process...for now, just putting a coat of White (clean).

Would like to do sheet rock all around (for that "room" look), just not sure I can do as long as it gets wet at times.:nono:

I'll post some before pictures, but please, PLEASE do not view after you have eaten a meal. I cannot be responsible for the outcome!:crazy2:

Again, thanks very much.:2tu:

Peter

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie. Looks like the old version of my garage. Insulate,sheetrock, vinyl tile on the floor,incandescent changed to fluorescente tubes,all in semigloss white. Not very expensive. 1"x3" where the wall meets the floor in white of course. GTS Bruce