Euroteck vs. APR front splitter-which one is better?

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since these two seem to be the only choices outside of ACR and Sarona (one pricey and the other one does not come in CF veneer)j, how do these two compare? Can either one be mounted using double sided tape, without drilling? Which one is more practical on the street and more durable?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the Eurotek and love it. Under no circumstance would I attach any splitter with double sided tape. I actually went back added more inside supports for the Eurotek just to be safe.

Can't speak about the other as I have no experience with it.

Good luck!

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Euroteck is very well made I love it, plus the splitter has alot more clerance than the others.
You must be registered for see images attach

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The Euroteck is very well made I love it, plus the splitter has alot more clerance than the others.

Good thing it produces minimal downforce. Looks good though.

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the APR cf splitter. I don't know but it appears that having installed this cf stuff (wing, splitter and canards) it seriously has devalued my car!

DSC_0098.JPG

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the APR cf splitter. I don't know but it appears that having installed this cf stuff (wing, splitter and canards) it seriously has devalued my car!

DSC_0098.JPG
Looks great. Why do you think your car lost value?

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lotti

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Does car cover still fit with splitter on?

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've seen the Eurotech splitter split company with the car when tracked. If you will track your car be warned.

I heard about that incident which is why I changed up the mounting points to make sure it was secured properly.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does car cover still fit with splitter on?

Yes it does, I store mine with the OE car cover and it fits fine
Also the Euroteck splitter does not reduce ground clearance, and the underneath panel of it saves your car's belly paint if you happen to scrape the front end.

ViperCobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes it does, I store mine with the OE car cover and it fits fine
Also the Euroteck splitter does not reduce ground clearance, and the underneath panel of it saves your car's belly paint if you happen to scrape the front end.

. Nice... Any side shots? Is your car lowered? :)

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO the APR splitter is not stiff enough to be used on the track. I had one and removed it because it flexes all over the place. It looks good but thats about it. Too thin and the two metal arms don't give nearly enough support for the outside edges.

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the APR Splitter, Canards, Wing and side splitter. i have done several Silver States (avg 150 .... high speed 165 for 20 minutes) and many track sessions. If you would like to talk and see pics please email me [email protected]

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How is the Euroteck one installed ? Im interested in adding a splitter but can no way afford the mopar acr. I also like the look of the Euroteck. Their site says it can be installed in 30 minutes. hmmmm

Last edited:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cobraken, IMO that is a beautiful car. Who did the roll bar install and who makes it? Cost? Thanks.

Thanks for the compliment. She is a gorgeous car. The bar is made by rpm rollbar out here in Oregon. It is available through a currently banned from this site vendor. I believe rpm rollbar is @ www.rpmrollbar.com. It has foldout/removable door bars and is SCCA and NHRA certified.

PM to you with vendor name.

Last edited:

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO the APR splitter is not stiff enough to be used on the track. I had one and removed it because it flexes all over the place. It looks good but thats about it. Too thin and the two metal arms don't give nearly enough support for the outside edges.

I have the APR spliter, rear wing and canards. I do several track events each year. I have had no problems with any of the parts. I have not seen any flexing? Not sure how you could feel that if you where inside the car?? I have photos of my car on the track at Laguna Seca and spring mountain raceway. There is no indication of any flexing of the wing. Not to mention the guys who I run with on the track would flag me down and let me know if that was happening.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the APR spliter, rear wing and canards. I do several track events each year. I have had no problems with any of the parts. I have not seen any flexing? Not sure how you could feel that if you where inside the car?? I have photos of my car on the track at Laguna Seca and spring mountain raceway. There is no indication of any flexing of the wing. Not to mention the guys who I run with on the track would flag me down and let me know if that was happening.

I can't speak to the wing they make, it may be great.
Maybe I sounded a little harsh about the product? If you only go to the track a few times a year it will be fine. I have photo's of the flexing (the splitter not wing) and it does get wavey at least on my car. I couldnt feel it but after I saw the photos the lip had a big wave effect, I felt it needed to come off. Mine is a track/race only car and it just didnt hold up to my standard of quality for what I do with the Viper. I moved to the ACR-X splitter with brake and caliper ducts. The ACR splitter is worlds stiffer accross the front then the APR one. The APR is a good budget product but if your going too ask a splitter to break up the air boundary in the front of the car at 150+ it has to be stiff as a board accross there. I'm just giving my real world experience with the product. It may work great for some and maybe they have re-designed it I don't know? Im not bashing the product nor do I think it's going to fly apart and destroy your front end. The one I had just didn't stay straight at speed.

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Shandon is correct: If your splitter flutters it could really upset the car at speed and can even crash you. So be careful. I've run into that at Daytona when a car I was test driving (splitter support loosened up). It lifted and dropped the whole car violently (you are already skating on the edge of grip as it is) so a little shake (about an 1") is a big deal at speed. If its not a solid mounted splitter that you can trust to pretty much stand on it, I would never install it. If it flips UP for example...you will too...THEN hold on you are going for a ride.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already pulled the trigger and went with the APR stuff, looked better IMO and it matches the side skirts that APR makes. I decided I did not like the way euroteck was sitting on the sides-way too high for my tastes. And no, I am not concerned with the high speed functionality, I would not be counting on either one of these if this was my objective.

EXHLR8N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already pulled the trigger and went with the APR stuff, looked better IMO and it matches the side skirts that APR makes. I decided I did not like the way euroteck was sitting on the sides-way too high for my tastes. And no, I am not concerned with the high speed functionality, I would not be counting on either one of these if this was my objective.

Hi Peter - I am sure you are dealing with Peter Chung. He is a great guy. Their product is proven ... a lot of drift and high speed applications. I have had their stuff for on for several years ... very durable. My car is the 2003 all black on their website.

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Peter - I am sure you are dealing with Peter Chung. He is a great guy. Their product is proven ... a lot of drift and high speed applications. I have had their stuff for on for several years ... very durable. My car is the 2003 all black on their website.
Not buying from APR directly but did talk to someone on the phone regarding fitment, not sure who it was... I have seen your car on their website, very cool.:2tu: I will be installing this stuff this weekend and building a couple of my own pieces to go with APR stuff, gotta set yourself apart somehow, LOL. BTW, are the screws for the front splitter well below line of sight? Can you use a floor jack to lift the front using the jacking points after side skirts go on?

OP
OP
P

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sent you a PM with my email, would like to see more pics. Getting to install my stuff tomorrow, if you have any install tips, I would appreciate greatly.