Forgeline or HRE's

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgeline or HRE\'s

Hey guys, I'm considering putting Foregline SP3P's or HRE's 547R's 19F/20R or 20F/20R on my '06 vert. What have some of your experiences been with either. I'm looking to order them as a package (rims and tires), so info on both would be helpful. Lastly anyone knows any good internet prices. I've been quoted some ridiculous ones so far.($8000 on average/ Viper tax I guess!) :confused:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Forgeline or HRE\'s

I had HRE 847's on one of my cars. They were amazing. I think $8k was about right with decent rubber. 547's can probably be had much cheaper.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like the forgeline spilt spoke better.
sp3p_gm.jpg

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I heard forgeline went under? You may want to look into this before you buy a forgeline wheel.

OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the input thus far; I'll be doing some research on the suggestions.

Jay R.
Sleekride

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go with the I FORGED CLASSICS!!! They are almost identical to the ones you are looking at execpt they are a bit cheaper and they look better out of the three. You can get a set in the sizes you want for around $6000 or so with tires. HRE is WAYYY to expensive!!

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I heard forgeline went under? You may want to look into this before you buy a forgeline wheel.

Forgeline is still going strong... I just put a new set on my '01.
My cousin just ordered a set for his '03 Z06.

Forgeline VR3P is HOTNESS!!!

Jason

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like my forgelines. Same color as the wheel pictures above (gunmetal). Jon B at partsrack gave me a great price on them and I think I should have got tires from him as well. P Zero's on 20 and 19" rims.

1186P1010036.JPG

Jeff

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

HEARD ? From where?

Forgeline Wheel was a part of WHEEL SOURCE.
Forgeline divested itself from Wheel Source 3/1/07.

PartsRack has TWO upcoming promos for VCA w/ HRE and ONE with Forgeline.

Do yourself a favor and get our quote. And, We Take Trades.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Hey guys, I'm considering putting Foregline SP3P's or HRE's 547R's 19F/20R or 20F/20R on my '06 vert. What have some of your experiences been with either. I'm looking to order them as a package (rims and tires), so info on both would be helpful. Lastly anyone knows any good internet prices. I've been quoted some ridiculous ones so far.($8000 on average/ Viper tax I guess!

PartsRack can to 19-20 HREs from UNDER $5500.
PartsRack can do FORGELINES 19-20 SP from under $3800 ! (Sounds Like a TYPO)
We are an HRE authorized dealer....not a reseller.
We are a Forgeline-Authorized dealer....not a reseller.
Tire prices are BELOW TireRack's great prices by about $60.

OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon B.

Is the promo you mentioned the one u listed? or is there another one coming down the pipe?

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Southern California ViperClub will be having a meeting/cruise at the HRE facility in Vista. I believe they will have some very special deals for those attending this event in person. If you have a friend in the SoCal club, have them attend and get you the deal. (gotta be present to win)

Otherwise, Jon B at Parts rack is a great place to shop, as you can even get him to take your old wheels in trade instead of piling them up in the corner of your garage. Buy wheels, complete with mounted tires if you wish.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

that forgeline would look amazing on my silver viper with a set of motons. Wow!!!

OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score

U R right ullose, they are exceptional looking wheels. I think I know which way I'm gonna go....

Guys, Thanks for all the input, I've made a decision!

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

sleekride--what color is your 06? I would get this forgeline in the gun metal center and then paint the bottom portion on the back of my car the same color, that would look outstanding. The only thing i would be alittle unsure about would be go with a 19 in the rear or 20. I'm not sure why people change to a 20 in the rear, less sidewall-more rim, or what. I think the offset would be a great concern, i'm not sure if its a standard offset for the viper or custom depending on if you lower the car or not i would hate for it to rub on the lip on the fenders.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Either way...buy them from Parts Rack.

I bought my HRE's from Wheel Experts last year. $5300.00 shipped with TPMS hardware. Talk to Peter. Great guy to deal with.

In looking at their gallery, it seems ZDigital1 got his HRE's from them as well. :2tu:

10140mini-CIMG0067.JPG

From the wheels I've seen, Forgelines are finished better than HRE's.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm not sure why people change to a 20 in the rear, less sidewall-more rim, or what. I think the offset would be a great concern, i'm not sure if its a standard offset for the viper or custom depending on if you lower the car or not i would hate for it to rub on the lip on the fenders.

You could do 18/18 with the kit, 18/19, 19/19, 19/20, 20/20. Some say you need to keep the plus one in the rear over the front to ensure proper handling...I think that's a joke. Ultimatly your going to pick your wheel size depending on what you like. I think they all look good....but I'm not quite sure about 20/20
10140811668_4.jpg

I'm running 19x10 with 275-30-19 and 20x13 with 345-25-20 and it handles great. The sidewalls are smaller than the original size so I've given up a little grip...but I think it looks better than 18/19 or even 19/19...but that's my opinion. Get what you like. :2tu:

As for the offset...HRE, Eurotek and Wheel Experts know what they are doing. I don't know if Wheel Experts picked my offset or if they left it up to HRE but my car looks bad ass the way it sits.
10140SIDE.JPG

Also, talking about sizing... I think Eurotek is running 20x13.5 in the rear of his car, might talk to him about that and get his input AND I think someone is coming out with a 375mm tire soon....might be cool to go even wider :headbang:

OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ullose, I have a red vert with silver stripes! :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That is the standard HRE offset which looks really aggressive.

I know it needs to be lowered. Motons going on soon enough.

9384DSC02897.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte