Gen 3 650 HP Hybrid Kit (further info needed)

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for updated info on the 650 HP mopar Kit.

With the exception of a 4 page series of posts the started back in '12, including the posts by that wierd guy that kept trying to bust Dan's chops (Viper Specialty), not much definitive stuff has been posted. Little if anything is available in the archives either.

I am looking for something that will be a trouble free install that will get me up to Gen 4 H.P. without having to buy a Gen 4. I really like my VCA Coupe.

Will the kit, headers and a "cam" get me there?

The key points here are, TROUBLE FREE INSTALL and more HP. I dont live in an area that has a dyno nor do I want to go somewhere and have to have someone mess around trying to make a setup work.:dunno:

thanks
Steve A.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry this isn't exactly an answer to your question, but would doing a gear swap fit the bill for you? No tuning needed for that.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a track guy also, I have decided to keep the 3.07 gears as well. -may change my mind, but probably not.

So, I am thinking like you with the head/cam deal.
I think the Mopar kit includes you sending in your PCM for reprogramming to match the gen IV head and intake set up.
-that would be like a 'factory canned tune'

I think the best results would be achieved with the Roe 710 cam and Greg Good heads.
Then you would have to have it tuned though.
Possibly Roe could get a 'close enough tune' via e-mail and such, as it is their cam grind.
Roe offers a head reworking service too, and maybe that would be the best route to go to insure the most positive support from one vendor.
700ish HP would level the playing field on the track with the ZR1's and the gen IV cars.

Getnlwr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As a track guy also, I have decided to keep the 3.07 gears as well. -may change my mind, but probably not.

So, I am thinking like you with the head/cam deal.
I think the Mopar kit includes you sending in your PCM for reprogramming to match the gen IV head and intake set up.
-that would be like a 'factory canned tune'

I think the best results would be achieved with the Roe 710 cam and Greg Good heads.
Then you would have to have it tuned though.
Possibly Roe could get a 'close enough tune' via e-mail and such, as it is their cam grind.
Roe offers a head reworking service too, and maybe that would be the best route to go to insure the most positive support from one vendor.
700ish HP would level the playing field on the track with the ZR1's and the gen IV cars.

Level the playing field and pull past me in the straights. With the options avalible for your Gen 3 it appears that the pure NA build should do it. I am trying to remember who got the coil on plug to work with the Gen 4 heads on a Gen 3 block. That's the route I'd look, with a nice cam, and maybe even a drip in set of replacement pistons if you're going to have the heads off. The Guys like Torrie in Florida have the canned tunes from previous builds they have been tuning or involved with to get you to where you want to be.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am trying to remember who got the coil on plug to work with the Gen 4 heads on a Gen 3 block. That's the route I'd look, with a nice cam, and maybe even a drip in set of replacement pistons if you're going to have the heads off.

Shameless. :D

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd listen to install. It seems a Paxton with the correct fuel setup is just insane. People have been dumping 720 who and one member hit 137 mph in the quarter mile.

Im here to tell you 137 mph is very very fast.

Even Im considering a gen3 with a Paxton and a good fuel set up.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as gen4 power. My gen 3 made 555 r whp on a dyno jet with just a few bolts ons and the 710 cam on stock heads.

You do the molar 650 package plus a decent cam and you'll be around 7200 crank go. Far beyond gen4 power

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car did 613 and 589 to the wheels with improvements throughout power band and runs better than stock and that is the truth. I have been running it for 2 years now without a single issue which is quite impressive when you look at the list of mods.....

Gen 4 stock heads with ported intake
Gen4 injectors in custom fuel rails
Gen 4 individual 10 coil conversion
Custom one off mechanical throttle bodies
Full Belanger setup
Polished everything

I run 3.33s with a given rear. Car is an animal but pretty civilized.

All call be found here.

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/648544-Gen-III-to-Gen-IV-Engine-Build

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave