Gen V images leaked

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Chrysler response?-

"Ooopsie, we just accidently had these sweet, ****, extremely posed and calculated, flattering images LEAKED, totally against our will. The fact that these images show very carefully placed camera angles and lighting is just complete coincidence. There is no truth to the notion that the overhead shot was processed artificially shakey, to give the appearance of having being taken in haste. Most digital cameras now have extremely fast shutter speeds, but the "spy" couldn't afford one. It is also a fact that the "spy" had the opportunity to snap 5 separate photos, all from the most advantageous angles, without arousing suspicion. He must have snuck in while we were doing doughnuts outside one day in the parking lot. Again, all a complete coincidence."

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh...that's the car. If they didn't want the possiblity of people seeing these pictures...they should have sent the people through a metal detector like they did us in Utah!

I think that is it as well. I can't tell, but car at VOI had flush rectangle exhaust exits and this seems to show that as well. (none of the prior leaked images had that)

OP
OP
A

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to glean any new info from Beth Paretta from SRT, over at Autoblog. So far, she's about useless.

Is it like..

"Is it 8.7 around 700 horses?"

"Sorry can't comment on that"

"Is it more or less than 700?"

"I'm afraid I can't go into details about that"

"Will there be an optional dual clutch?"

"I'm not going to comment on those matters"

"Does it have a motor?"

"Yes. It's a V10, 8.7 liter, 730bhp. LOTS of torque"

"Oh thank you!"

"D'oh! Can we erase that?!"

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But she'll answer idiotic questions, like a few minutes ago, about whether Tim Tebow would like the car or not? Seriously? That's the question someone has been dying to ask for the last few months???

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the consensus is that these were leaked from the video game Forza, which tend to have videos with "professional" angles.

Chrysler response?-
"Ooopsie, we just accidently had these sweet, ****, extremely posed and calculated, flattering images LEAKED, totally against our will. The fact that these images show very carefully placed camera angles and lighting is just complete coincidence. There is no truth to the notion that the overhead shot was processed artificially shakey, to give the appearance of having being taken in haste. Most digital cameras now have extremely fast shutter speeds, but the "spy" couldn't afford one. It is also a fact that the "spy" had the opportunity to snap 5 separate photos, all from the most advantageous angles, without arousing suspicion. He must have snuck in while we were doing doughnuts outside one day in the parking lot. Again, all a complete coincidence."

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it like..

"Is it 8.7 around 700 horses?"

"Sorry can't comment on that"

"Is it more or less than 700?"

"I'm afraid I can't go into details about that"

"Will there be an optional dual clutch?"

"I'm not going to comment on those matters"

"Does it have a motor?"

"Yes. It's a V10, 8.7 liter, 730bhp. LOTS of torque"

"Oh thank you!"

"D'oh! Can we erase that?!"

"Whats the HP/TQ, displacement?"
- "Greater than Pi"

This was seriously one of her responses.

Hiphoppa2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that the headlights and the grill don't seem right? the grill does not have the V that we have seen on the mule shots. And the lights don't curve like we have seen on some of the leaked photos.

OP
OP
A

ArnarFB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- "Greater than Pi"

Don't understand what the point is having this kind of Q&A before the unveiling, when everyone is still tight lipped. What is she gonna say or be able to say without spoiling the unveiling? It's a Viper, it's V10, it will be available in different colors, has four wheels and a steering wheel?

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- "Greater than Pi"

It is excruciatingly painful to read her responses tonight. I'm unplugging and just waiting for tomorrow. She didn't seem to even know that the Viper is going to be in video games like Forza!!! Whoops, she may want to take a look at our site and realize the cat's already out of the bag.

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best tweet question of the night from a fan:What's the point of this useless "Q-A" session? I laughed pretty hard at that one, then logged off.

Kaneda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole teaser campaign and secret reveal has failed. It builds hype, but you better blow people away. This car is arriving AFTER the 458 Italia and Aventador. Remember the viper used to hang with the exotics on performance AND looks. Now the looks look, well dated and safe. Total fail. Looks like an italian car, not a bad ass American track beast.

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best tweet question of the night from a fan:What's the point of this useless "Q-A" session? I laughed pretty hard at that one, then logged off.

That was me! Autoweek actually replied back with "Solely to irritate you" :lmao:

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The whole teaser campaign and secret reveal has failed. It builds hype, but you better blow people away. This car is arriving AFTER the 458 Italia and Aventador. Remember the viper used to hang with the exotics on performance AND looks. Now the looks look, well dated and safe. Total fail. Looks like an italian car, not a bad ass American track beast.

Kind of agreed with this...however will reserve final judgement until I see it in person and know the specs.

avilab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hips aren't as wide as I was hoping. Maybe it's just the angle of the pix?

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reflectors on the rear bumper? Really?

I am pretty sure those weren't on the voi car, but likely a legal requirement. At VOI, the rear defuser and the tail light surrounds were the carbon fiber and is what seems to be the case in these pics. I think the surrounds might look better in the car color, but do remember it being impressive in person.

ACR Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think the new Viper would look as stunning as the previous Vipers. It looks more like a European car. Chrysler is after all run by Fiat so this is not surprising. It lost it's "exotic car" look that 1992 Vipers still have to this day. I bet it will crush the competition but will be lost in the crowd.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow...Really? Why would Chrysler do such a great job at keeping the lid on the car, only to release images to a bunch of big kids with computers? (that's my impression of Forza programmers) That's shooting yourself in the foot!

I think the consensus is that these were leaked from the video game Forza, which tend to have videos with "professional" angles.

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
disappoint by Gen 5 if this pics are real

i see nothing that catches my eyes ..

well the nice new logo does thats pretty much it ..

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That has to be it, or very close to it. I agree it has a lot of Ferrari, particularyly the 599 (one of my favs).

Personally, I think it looks great, and I'm sure th performance will match. We'll know in about 17 hours!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets