Gen V images leaked

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
didnt they say the 2013 viper was gonna have a shorter hood ??

it like looks as long previous Viper?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please photoshop some black wheels on the photo that shows the wheels? Thanks. The vehicle is obviously a retro version of the Gen II coupe. A clam shell hood is apparent. The wasteline is the same. The side view is very similar and the rear proportions are very similar. The top of the clamshell hood has design cues similar to the SRT Jeep and the front fascia appears to borrow a litttle from the Alfa. The interior teaser shows that unlike the Gen II coupe, which had a very spartan, cheap interior, the new Viper has an interior that will attract new buyers who would not have bought the Gen II Viper.

The real question is how much HP/Tq does it have and over what RPM range? I really hope that it is more than the 650 HP announced for the new Mustang. It will be a bit humiliating if it is not even if the car is faster in all contexts. The Viper has always been the king of power - at least when each Gen was first released - untill GM had time to counter punch. I know. If it is lighter and has a better hp/pounds ratio, who cares but HP wars are HP wars and bragging rights mean something. And yes I hear you Nissan GTR owners but the 2013 Viper does not have AWD and instantaneous paddle shifting per prior info released on this site.

chikane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it does matter to me what the gen 5 looks like

cause the simple fact is

viper is back for one more gen

and that along is good enough for me ..

Goodnight see you at 11 50 am to welcome G5V -_-

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are not impressed by this car, you will never be pleased. Most people here said they wanted the car to look like the gen 2 and then they cry about it when in lot of angles it looks better than the gen 2.

To be 100% sure I need to see it in person but I'm going to say it first

GEN V IS THE BEST LOOKING VIPER EVER.

Roadtrip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm, I just want to see the naked lady on the beach. Where is she?

Jury is out for me, I'll have to see it in person to decide for sure but so far I'm not entirely convinced... On a side note, I feel bad for SRT that this got leaked just a day before launch, I would have waited one more day for the reveal. They did a great job keeping it under wraps this long...sorry to see a spoiler but glad at the same time....

deadman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
it looks all right from rear... the front is seriously messed up though.... kinda ferrarish mercedes SLSish weird awkward looking thing... I guess I'll keep my modded 05Gen3 for some time to come...:)

Alabaster Mamba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is trolling here just like he does on CF. Over there he is Endeka. He posts back and forth like he is an enthusiast which we all know he is a member of the under the bridge club. Too bad we can't just ban him.

-nighthawk-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I quite like the design. Doesn't look as classic / muscle car as the GTS but I can see where SRT was going to tone down the car to appeal to more buyers.

The car also reminds me of the Fisker Karma slightly...

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can someone please photoshop some black wheels on the photo that shows the wheels? Thanks. The vehicle is obviously a retro version of the Gen II coupe. A clam shell hood is apparent. The wasteline is the same. The side view is very similar and the rear proportions are very similar. The top of the clamshell hood has design cues similar to the SRT Jeep and the front fascia appears to borrow a litttle from the Alfa. The interior teaser shows that unlike the Gen II coupe, which had a very spartan, cheap interior, the new Viper has an interior that will attract new buyers who would not have bought the Gen II Viper.

The real question is how much HP/Tq does it have and over what RPM range? I really hope that it is more than the 650 HP announced for the new Mustang. It will be a bit humiliating if it is not even if the car is faster in all contexts. The Viper has always been the king of power - at least when each Gen was first released - untill GM had time to counter punch. I know. If it is lighter and has a better hp/pounds ratio, who cares but HP wars are HP wars and bragging rights mean something. And yes I hear you Nissan GTR owners but the 2013 Viper does not have AWD and instantaneous paddle shifting per prior info released on this site.

You must be registered for see images

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The more I look at this angle, the more I like the retro job they did. As much as I love red, this Viper is going to look drop dead gorgeous in white, silver or B/W. Can wait for actual pics in different colors!!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I see that you also tinted the windows and slammed it a bit on the second photo. Too low for me but great for standing mile runs on a smooth surface. I think the black rims definitely look much better. But I am biased.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...need to see actual photos and see the specs. If I was a Gen II owner I would definitely be excited to upgrade to this design. Tomorrow is almost here!

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I see that you also tinted the windows and slammed it a bit on the second photo. Too low for me but great for standing mile runs on a smooth surface. I think the black rims definitely look much better. But I am biased.

No problem. I made the shadow in the fender cove a bit deeper too for a different look. ;)

I brought it back up just a tad.

The clock is ticking!

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really dont know what to think. I feel a bit let down but Ill save my final review till I see it Friday or Saturday. Intial thoughts:

Not really liking the "catfish" front end and they still have it riding like an SUV with that high ride height. Why? I was hoping with the european influence they would have cured the SUV-itis that all the previous Gens had from the factory. Im hoping these Forza pics are not all the way accurate. Where is the front grill with the V in it. No way this is the final product. No way.

Just a bit too much Prancing horse dna mixed with the viper dna in that front which makes it look catfish-ish. Mixing snake and horse DNA should be left to the Mustang Cobra. Horse, catfish and snake DNA in one design. Well at least it cant help but be blindingly fast and deadly with that mix lol.

On a good note I love the GTS porportions. Like others have said Im sure it will grow on me. But thats says it all. The original GTS design just strangled me and left me in awe. I had no choice in the matter. Its looks owned my emotions from the start. No other Viper, including these intial shots have done that to me. But its hard to improve on or duplicate a classic design. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years people here have been screaming for a car that has the stunning visual appeal of the GTS with the performance and improved refinement of the Gen4 plus some and with an upscale interior and world class fit and finish....

Hello!!!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YAWN! I mean, put an ACR next to that and what a big, fat yawn. Biggest disappointment is from the side. The fender flare is SO TONED down now, it barely has an opening. I just expected something a lot WILDER and ORIGINAL considering the hype/wait. I feel like everyone ******** about a return to Gen2 got their wish. Now we have a new viper that doesn't look better than an old Viper. Just not mean or wild enough. Corvette can eat their lunch, easily now.

Kaneda, put a regular 2008 next to the 2013 and the 08 will be put to shame. The 2013 can be pimped out with a wing, splitter and diffuser for the people who like such things.... Just imagine some good pics with a nice color combination paint color scheme and a GTS-R wing, splitter and a more radical diffuser.... This image will put a gen 4 ACR to shame IMO, no offense to Gen 4 ACR owners intended here. The Gen 2 GTS, in my opinion is one of the most, if not the most beautiful front engined sports car ever built. The DNA of the Gen 2 GTS is evident which will always have that 'Wow Factor' even if the exact proportions are slightly changed. We also need to think about how fantastic this car will handle and stop as every successive iteration becomes better and better as we all have witnessed.

So, even minus pimped out wings, the ~700 HP with all the features I mentioned above will prove your statement that the "Corvette can eat their lunch, easily now" to be absolutely ridiculous.

There is still NOTHING on the road that looks like the GTS!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a good note I love the GTS porportions. Like others have said Im sure it will grow on me. But thats says it all. The original GTS design just strangled me and left me in awe. I had no choice in the matter. Its looks owned my emotions from the start. No other Viper, including these intial shots have done that to me. But its hard to improve on or duplicate a classic design. Just my humble opinion.

I could not agree with you more!

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far i like what i see about gen 5 except the fact it seems to have lost the 2 big round fog lights that were kind of a trademark for the viper front end since the beginning.....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just imagine some good pics with a nice color combination paint color scheme and a GTS-R wing, splitter and a more radical diffuser.... This image will put a gen 4 ACR to shame IMO, no offense to Gen 4 ACR owners intended here.

Pretty pathetic commentary if you have to add those things to make it stand out.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For years people here have been screaming for a car that has the stunning visual appeal of the GTS with the performance and improved refinement of the Gen4 plus some and with an upscale interior and world class fit and finish....

Hello!!!

With a front end like that, there's no reason to be in denial. LOL

SB wrote and has the same views as I do. Like I said before the car isn't bad but it's not great either. There is nothing about the front of that car that screams Viper other than Stryker and the NACA duct. I always thought Viper DNA was supposed to be infused in every car Chrysler makes, not the other way around. It's already been stated the hood reminds some of the Jeep SRT8.

--RS

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks pretty good. I am a Gen II fan so to me it looks like a modern Gen II. Many people complained about the styling of the Gen III/IV and how it didn't have the curves/hourglass shape of the Gen II. This is where I think it has been said that it looks like a ******* a beach. It is going to have some curves like the Gen II. I hear the backend is going to be nice and wide too so that will make everyone pretty happy. And for the price, it is going to be shocking in a good way.

I just can't wait to see how it performs. If it performs well, it will sell regardless of what people say about its looks because whether you like it or not, it will turn heads. Look at the GTR, not the best looking car and not even noticeable in traffic if you don't know anything about cars but because of its performance, it sells well.

Clock is ticking, only a few hours more...

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics never did a Viper justice. The front 1/2 pic looks good. Will find out for myself in 10 hrs

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes the GTS is the fluid curves... This car appears to have that... I can't wait to see some pictures that better illustrate the height, stance and width of the car which are the other factors that create a visual impact...

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone notice that the pictures are from a video game (or at least artificial)??? Looks like Forza.

Those are not real images.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456