Has anyone install the Mopar Performance Part # P5156137 gen4 heads for the gen3

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have sold several of these kits and have yet to have any complaints. We sent three alone to one shop in Europe as their customers were stoked after the first one was done on a 2004 - it dyno'ed at 660 HP with a Comp Coupe cam and headers. They ended up installing dry sump kits on two of them as well for even more horsepower - 675 on both (we sold those too). Not sure what they did with the fuel systems, as they did not buy the Gen 4 pumps as recommended. We have another kit going out next week.

How does a dry sump kit ad hp? Free's up friction?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the 3rd gen computer retained in this system? With a custom cam i assume you can have anyone like A&C performance tune the car to run a custom cam with this kit?

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have sold several of these kits and have yet to have any complaints. We sent three alone to one shop in Europe as their customers were stoked after the first one was done on a 2004 - it dyno'ed at 660 HP with a Comp Coupe cam and headers. They ended up installing dry sump kits on two of them as well for even more horsepower - 675 on both (we sold those too). Not sure what they did with the fuel systems, as they did not buy the Gen 4 pumps as recommended. We have another kit going out next week.

would you happen to know the rwhp on these application or were these done on an engine dyno?

Reaction score
We will check to see if they can shed some light on how they were dyno'ed, but know that this is a performance shop that routinely builds race engines for various European series. The kit includes having your Gen 3 PCM reprogrammed for the Gen 4 set up. They can also adjust for a more aggressive cam when it is done, as they did for these European builds with the Comp Coupe cams.

As for the dry sump kits, they are not cheap and the supplier price recently went up a bit. I believe we sold the earlier systems for around $6K each including the tank, mounts, breather can, and filter. The only thing the customer had to supply was the hoses, which would vary based on where the tank was placed. We don't advertise the kits as we don't normally stock or sell them.

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will check to see if they can shed some light on how they were dyno'ed, but know that this is a performance shop that routinely builds race engines for various European series. The kit includes having your Gen 3 PCM reprogrammed for the Gen 4 set up. They can also adjust for a more aggressive cam when it is done, as they did for these European builds with the Comp Coupe cams.

As for the dry sump kits, they are not cheap and the supplier price recently went up a bit. I believe we sold the earlier systems for around $6K each including the tank, mounts, breather can, and filter. The only thing the customer had to supply was the hoses, which would vary based on where the tank was placed. We don't advertise the kits as we don't normally stock or sell them.

Thanks form the info!

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets take this a step further. What if one is to port and polish the gen4 heads in this mopar kit. How much room for improvement and hp gain is there in the gen 4 heads in this kit? I'm assuming the mopar kit is using the stock gen 4 heads?

Reaction score
10-25 depending on cam choice I'm sure.

Lets take this a step further. What if one is to port and polish the gen4 heads in this mopar kit. How much room for improvement and hp gain is there in the gen 4 heads in this kit? I'm assuming the mopar kit is using the stock gen 4 heads?

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I believe Greg Good did his magic on a set of GenIV heads and can tell you what the outcome was.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone tried to throw a supercharger on top this Mopar kit.

It would be very, very similar to any supercharger with Striker heads or an extreme Gen-3 port job. The blower is the limiting factor more than the heads are.

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep seeing numbers tossed around. What is the bottomline price here for this setup, and what does it all include? How does it compare to greg good heads?

Reaction score
We are checking on some of our customer dynos (we have sold several of these kits since they first came out), but know that with a slightly more aggressive cam and headers one 2003 made 660 HP and two others made 675 with dry sump kits (see earlier in this thread).

As for price, a VCA Venom member can get the complete kit from us for under $6500:

https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...r-v10-150-hp-performance-upgrade-kit-p5156137

We strongly recommend the Gen IV fuel pump and Gen 4 headers as well. We can help with a cam too, with the ECM reprogrammed accordingly if you go that route. If you don't have an installer and can get your car to Nebraska, we know Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse Motorsports is a great option for both buying and installing this kit.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
C

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great find looks like the dyno was done in Mexico city with the altitude the # are good the tQ # are great.

Reaction score
Both engines first built at Arrow Flywheel dyno’d “Green” at 648 BHP. The motors usually will pickup about 16-20 BHP or so after 20 hours.

Bothengines used the MOPAR Kit with the ARR-13502/3 camshaft. This camshaft is the same as a “708” but more accurate in lobe profile and angle. You have to install these camshafts at 115.5 Intake Center Line (ICL). The 708 can vary from 113 – 124 based on stack up tolerances. This does not make a big difference on a Gen 3 head, but is real sensitive on the Gen 4 head with the increased air flow.

As someone posted, the biggest gains are in the valve lift and Compression Ratio. The Gen IV / V head (only major difference is dowels on intake face forthe plastic intake) support over 930 BHP on the Drag Race and Baja engines. The difference there is 12.5:1 compression Ratio and 0.675”valve lift / duration. The heads were designed from the get go for the larger spring – hence the large pockets. We can sell the various upgraded heads, pistons, camshaft, and spring packages to make all of this work.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
how has nobody installed this yet with a big cam like the Roe 710?

Our version of this package uses a bigger cam, but not nearly as ridiculous as the 710- I wouldn't build that package unless someone twisted my arm. It is going to have severe tuning/driving difficulties on a cam that large, even if it makes great power. On our cam the package makes 615 RWHP [w/cats and passes OBD2 emissions], drives like stock, sounds perfect, with zero tune chasing nonsense / having to run Open Loop, low off-idle stability, or any other type of nonsense. There is absolutely more power available without having too many downsides, but 650ish is probably the upper limit before having a car that just doesn't feel "OE Smooth" anymore.

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the MOPAR upgrade. Sean from Roe Racing made the tune, he's a genius!!!
The image was with previous Rev, final Rev is stronger.

Arrow Racing will Reprogram your Computer, they are also great team.

Remember you will have to replace your headers as Ex. I did Belanger + Corsas. EXCELLENT CARE FROM Jeriann Belanger

Attachments

• DYNOb.jpg
    DYNOb.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 115

ipetrov

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the MOPAR upgrade. Sean from Roe Racing made the tune, he's a genius!!!
The image was with previous Rev, final Rev is stronger.

Arrow Racing will Reprogram your Computer, they are also great team.

Remember you will have to replace your headers as Ex. I did Belanger + Corsas. EXCELLENT CARE FROM Jeriann Belanger

What kind of dyno was that (Dynojet/Mustang/Dyno Dynamics, etc)? Have you run the 1/4 mile with this set up? Thanks in advance for any additional info, as there is a surprising to me shortage of real world feedback on this upgrade.

SRT101969

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of dyno was that (Dynojet/Mustang/Dyno Dynamics, etc)? Have you run the 1/4 mile with this set up? Thanks in advance for any additional info, as there is a surprising to me shortage of real world feedback on this upgrade.

DynoJet, no 1/4 mile (I am in Mexico @ altittude 7350ft so not very reliable anyway). IMHO the kit is very well made, I understand Dan is has also some very good kit to offer you. What do you want to achiver? you do tracking?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62