Help - - Adding Stripes after the fact - - -Paint or Sticker?

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had mine painted on and absolutely love it. Great job and looks great!! Cost $2500 for the entire job. I'm not sure about vinyl, but I'm sure others can join in. Let me know if I can help.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I simply couldn't live without stripes. Had mine painted by East Coast Performance (Snake Pit Racing) in West Orange, NJ. Absolutely fantastic job.

Vinyl stripes on a Viper? Whatever!

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what you want... You want a solid color stripe or something unique? Say ghosted stripe?

Vinyl is very good quality these days. All the ads you see on buses or cars, there vinyl...so are nascar logos.

I had viynl stripes on my TA, but later replaced with painted ones in the same configuration. There was no discoloration when I removed the old stripes. Both look great.

You must be registered for see images

Thats my old TA. I believe those are the viynl stripes in that pic. It may look like 2 solid stripes from a distance but up close there are actualy 4, a pinstripe on the outside of each main stripe. Very nice looking up close. Thats one F-body that would humble even a mid-level modified snake
smile.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan, Im in the same boat you're in.
Got my REd GTS a while back and now I want stripes. Since I'm not rich or anything, I couldn't justify spending 2,000 to 3,000 on just stripes. I decided to go with vinyl. You can't tell the difference unless your 2' from the car and the differences are minimal. I think my cost for the stripes will about 400-500 or maybe less..

Good luck!
Gerald

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I applied vinyl stripes a while back, recommend the 3M products
nice and thin, good gloss, anti fade and easy-ish to apply. Vinyl
won't affect the paint if you want to remove them at a later date, you can feel them with your nail. Any decent sign shop
should be able to pre-cut them to your required width. It took
me a day to achieve the finish i wanted, difficult over the compound curves but a little heat from a hairdryer helped.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, not on yet, but car is at shop for a nice little induction system..
smile.gif
While it's there, it's getting stripes..

Gerald

ndvipergtsr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Had a 97 gts i had tape stripes on for 1 1/2yrs looked very good they cost me 270.00 installed at an auto trim here, then i thought i must have them painted on so they were correct in color(slightly creamy) and were paint so i spent 3300.00 to have them done by a reputable dealer and all i can say is i wish i had just left well enough alone, go with tape much cheaper and no paintwork done on your car.

Robert1994

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just had stripes painted on my car. The shop said
he'd have to clear coat the whole car or the edge of
the stripes would stand out. Well, it's all clear coated
now, but the edge still stands out. He says that will all
clean up when he does the color sanding. I hope...

IMSOSLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have vinyl stripes on my car and ordered a V-mania top that has painted stripes. The color match is perfect and you really can't tell the difference unless you run a fingernail on the vinyl and feel the edge. For the money I would do the stick on again.

Just my two cents,

Ken