Help me price my 99 ACR

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve owned my ACR for more than the last decade, but over the past few years or so life has changed now that I have kids, and frankly I'm thinking it just doesn’t fit my life anymore and am thinking of selling. I’ve upgraded the things that annoyed me about it or “while I was in there” over the years, and as it sits it’s what I consider a great example of a car with “OEM style” mods which most people would mistake as stock.

KBB lists the private party value of a stock ACR with 45K at just over $44k. I've poked around searching few threads and a little bit on ebay, but figured I'd come to the place I trust most to get a more accurate price which is both fair to me and to any buyer. Mods are obviously "worth what they are worth" to a buyer. Just trying to get close to the pin when I post an ad for it.

1999 Viper GTS ACR

• Black with Silver Stripes (factory paint)
  • 45k miles, second owner (owned since 14k miles, purchased in 2003)
  • Maintenance just performed in last few hundred miles
    • Mopar synthetic tranny fluid
    • Mopar rear end fluid with LSD additive
    • Mobil 1 oil and filter
    • Supercharger oil synthetic 0/50
    • New Mopar front O2 sensors
Engine

• Roe Racing supercharger and 5 PSI pulley, with “Vec 3” piggyback computer (531 RWHP, 558 RWTQ) and software
    • Pinned crankshaft
  • Roe Racing catalytic convertors with custom v-band mounting, comes with (off the car) swappable straight pipes in the exact dimension of the cats; both will mate up to any “cat back” system exactly as the stock exhaust does (this car has an otherwise stock exhaust).
  • Factory ECU reprogrammed for lower fan turn on temps and skip shift elimination
  • Rear O2 simulators (so you can run with or without cats)
  • Oil pan gate kit
  • Alan’s Triple Pass Aluminum “Stock fit” Radiator

Brakes

• Front brakes are 14” Gen III front rotors and calipers (“Dave Cawthorne” kit)
  • Rear brakes are the stock Gen II 13” front rotors and calipers, moved to the rear (“Dave Cawthorne” kit)
  • Custom parking brake with viper insignia (“Dave Cawthorne” kit)
  • A dial-adjustable brake balance assembly is plumbed into the stock brake block location (engine bay)
  • Hawk HP+ pads front, Hawk HP pads rear

Chassis

• Koni ACR shocks rebuilt by Koni in Jan 2008 (shock dyno sheets included)
  • Urethane front and rear sway bar mounts
  • Viper Comp Coupe (Hurst) shifter
  • Power steering vent kit (to prevent fires)
  • 6-pass power steering cooler (Daves viper shop)
  • 998/999 Factory recalls and extra a-arm frame receiver strengthening done
  • Sorted street alignment (perfect tire wear, crisp turn in)

Parts to return engine and shifter to stock included.

Attachments

• 1999 Viper ACR.jpg
    1999 Viper ACR.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Viper Dyno.jpg
    Viper Dyno.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 44

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2 cents: if I was LOOKING for a modded Roe Viper..(I have one), I would want to tinker with the brakes and exhaust and a few other odds and ends and would look to pay around $38-40k. It has 45,000 miles..not high, not low. But if it were completely stock, seeing as that was the first year of the ACR and the last year of the forged motor...it has a touch of collectibility I think. I believe $44-45k bone stock is reasonable.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice ride! I would price it at $50k and go from there. The mods you have are nice, but the mileage will hurt you. Do you have the stock parts? Could you remove the blower and sell it separately? The blower can be sold for about $6500 by itself and then the car for about 45K.

viperB

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guess I must of posted my car for too cheap. Clean title no accident 2002FE with full exhaust and only 11,800 miles. I was asking $44,000 with pending sale at $43,000. People love the Roe so it should bring in some nice cash.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Miles will hurt, just a mental thing for a some folks….but it is not the miles it the condition. Put it back to stock except exhaust mods and you should get i think at least $42000 to $40000, then sell the rest of the mods one by one. With mods the car might do $45000.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I'm biased, but I just love the look and stance of an ACR. Those BBS wheels just give the car such a classy look. Price it according to your time table. Beautiful car, and good luck with your sale.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
+1 on the notion of separating the blower from the car. Selling them separately (if you can) will increase the value of both.

OP
OP
I

Irid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All good data points. I hadn't really thought about going through the time to pull the blower off of the car. I can't really see doing that at the moment (time is insanely valuable at the moment) but certainly can see how that's the path to the absolute highest dollar... There aren't a lot of these (especially in this color - which I love!) so it's a bit tough nailing it down...

ACRSNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...between the wheels and the blower you have about $10K. What do you want for the rest of the car?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets