Help... might have to sell... my back is killing me!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently bought a 2005 Race Yellow Viper (~35K miles), one owner great car, but I am getting major back aches the day after I drive it. I have spinal stenosis so I use a wedge cushion to keep me from falling to far into the hole that is the bottom back of the seat, but that is not enough. Maybe it is the constant bumping around when these things hit road imperfections?

Has anyone else had issues with back aches? Mine is so bad now that my Doc put me on steroids and I am likely going to miss some golf and my first week on bowling.

I may have to sell it. I bought it for $51K and put new tires on it and a new battery. If I can't find a solution I would likely be looking to get out of it for what I have in it.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks, Georgethedog

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a one owner up until I bought it a month ago. The original owner told me he would talk to anyone who is interested. I have all the service receipts from him, and he had it serviced at Tator's!

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You might be able to do something with the suspension to help out a bit, but ultimately it is still a high performance sports car, so only so much you can get out of it. The stock shocks tend to be on the softer side as well, though many of the aftermarket ones will let you tune the damping to alter that to some degree. I think most of the aftermarket stuff tends to be stiffer springs though, so damping can only get you so far.