NARRA loss - Tom Hnatiw passes

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to meet him once, nice guy! Thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and 2 sons, RIP.

:usa:
You must be registered for see images
Tom Hnatiw interviews Reese Cox at the inaugural US GT Championship race at Road Atlanta. © NARRA
Statement from Tom Antonelli, President of the North American Road Racing Association, regarding the passing of motorsport identity Tom Hnatiw earlier today:

"With deep sadness the family of Tom Hnatiw reported his passing earlier today.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RIP Tom... To his Family, I'm sorry for your loss...

One for the record books...

"You have to ask yourself . . . Do you need a car like this?"
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to talk with him this past May at Road America during the NARRA event. Never have I met a more down to earth likeable guy. With his passing, I feel very lucky to have had the chance to meet and talk with him, RIP.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just going to post this per my NARRA email update but glad you did. I always loved Dream Car Garage and Tom and I had a great conversation last year at the TWS competition event around the dinner country club setting. I was looking forward to seeing him again in Sept. at TWS but unfortunately that will not happen now. Tom was very well spoken and loved his job. He will be missed very much. Thanks Tom for all the laughter you gave many of us...............

anaconda666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, what a shock. I met Tom at Mosport a couple years ago. Great guy!

You must be registered for see images attach

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was quite a shock for us to find out that Tom had past away. Tom was a good soul and will truly be missed by all who had the opportunity to know him, work with him and enjoy his first class commentary. My son and I had the pleasure to work with Tom and the guys at Internal Combustion Group during last year's 2011 Viper Cup race season putting together a few commercial spots where Tom did all the voice over work, "To help kick start my company with his signature motorsports voice" explained Tom... I realy appreciated Tom for being so gracious and making us feel a real partnership with everyones hard work and dedication to succeed. Talk about funny, Tom sure could make us laugh, what a gift and class act for sure!

Our hearts and best wishes go out to Mrs. Hnatiw and their children during these most difficult times and hope that everyone's love for Tom helps ease their pain just a bit. He will truly be missed and yes with out a doubt, we did need a guy like Tom Hnatiw!

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE
Toddy

ExpensiveHobby22

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a loss to the automotive community. I got to interact with him a bit while I was involved with the Viper Cup series. Always a nice guy, and always funny. R.I.P.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom Had interviewed me a couple of times at NARRA events for both NARRA and One Lap of America coverage and there isn't a nicer guy that ever walked around a race paddock. He was truly interested in the racing lives we lead and loved seeing people improve and get better at this sport. Not only will NARRA miss his coverage of our events but I will miss sitting with him at a table and just shooting the S_ _ _ T! Knowing Tom, he would not want people to mourn him in sorrow, but have an adult beverage and toast his life. He got as much out of life as many one man could have. GOD SPEED TOM!, and my thoughts are with your family.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always looked forward to watching him on Dream Car Garage. I briefly met him going in the restaurant at VIR. He was a nice guy. RIP.