Need a flywheel, HELP!!!!

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a light weight STEELflywheel that has the flywheel crank trigger on it. I understand that only the early model 03 and 04 srt10's had the crank trigger on the flywheel and that's the one I need. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We can do the VCC lightened FW, but its spendy...... (we already talked?)

We can do an Aluminum Findanza, but not suggested for draggers like you, with HIGH HP...I think U said STEEL for that reason

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can do the VCC lightened FW, but its spendy...... (we already talked?)

We can do an Aluminum Findanza, but not suggested for draggers like you, with HIGH HP...I think U said STEEL for that reason

Hey JonB. Yeah, you already told me about the VCC flywheel, and yes I was looking for something less costly.

As far as the Aluminum flywheel, I don't really drag race all that much but the car is going to have around 800rwhp-850rwhp, so I don't know if a Aluminum flywheel will hold up.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do know he offers the Chromoly Flywheel. At least he did when I had my car there last Summer.

OP
OP
A

aries

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O I C.....doesn't dc performance offer some kind of billet steel flywheel?

They do for the later model SRT10 engines, the ones with the crank sensor in the block. They don't offer one with the crank sensor on the flywheel.

Viper 24

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got a stock 03 flywheel that has 3K miles on it that I am willing to sell cheap. Let me know if you are interested. Otherwise, I would check with Dan Cragin at DC Performance.

jm

ViperTuner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got a stock 03 flywheel that has 3K miles on it that I am willing to sell cheap. Let me know if you are interested. Otherwise, I would check with Dan Cragin at DC Performance.

jm

Spoke with Doug last night about this...he says that he has nothing to fit. The only flywheel he recommends is the Mopar Performance flywheel made by Tilton. So, I called Tilton, it's a Mopar Performance ONLY part... And the price tag is $850.

Aries-you should probably look into this stock flywheel! ;)

1fastviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking for a light weight STEELflywheel that has the flywheel crank trigger on it. I understand that only the early model 03 and 04 srt10's had the crank trigger on the flywheel and that's the one I need. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks

What do you mean by "early model 03 or 04".I have a 03.How do i know if the flywheel has a trigger on it or not?:dunno:

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The sensor to read flywheel crank pattern is simply attached with one bolt to the block side bell house. Only need one wrench.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Aries,

At 800 to 850 rwhp, a stock flywheel will work just fine.

And if you are supercharged, which I'm guessing your are, it would be preferred over a lightweight flywheel.

I run L/W flywheels in my NA SRTC, GTS and now ACR.

My Paxton car, 925 rwhp, spins up plenty fast with a stock flywheel and has been very dependable.

Dan