Need Some Help

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got an 01 GTS with Roe SC and VEC3. Belanger headers are ordered with bungs for WB O2 sensors. What else do I need to get started tuning?

Here is my list:
WB O2 sensor(s)
WB controller
laptop

Roe VEC Software?
Suggestions on "best" WB setup?

Thanks,
Pat

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you need to adjust your fuel injector offset, you will need something that can read your fuel adaptives from the ODBII port. Most people don't worry about this and just run the offset on Roe's cards, but my car would not run until I adjusted the injector offset considerably. I used the EASE software that Roe sales.

On the WBO, I use the Dynojet Wideband Commander and it has worked very well for me. Cost about $500 and is wired into the VEC as well as a guage so I can plot A/F along with all the other VEC parameters for tuning. The gauge is useful for keeping an eye on the tune, but you really need to tune from the log files and not a gauge.

If I was to get a new setup now, I would probably look into the Innovate system first. Probably a better quality device overall and easy to run one in each cylinder bank if desired, though that is probably overkill since plug readings will give you an indication of how your left and right banks compare.

You will also need a long straight stretch of open road :D

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you need to adjust your fuel injector offset, you will need something that can read your fuel adaptives from the ODBII port. Most people don't worry about this and just run the offset on Roe's cards, but my car would not run until I adjusted the injector offset considerably. I used the EASE software that Roe sales.

On the WBO, I use the Dynojet Wideband Commander and it has worked very well for me. Cost about $500 and is wired into the VEC as well as a guage so I can plot A/F along with all the other VEC parameters for tuning. The gauge is useful for keeping an eye on the tune, but you really need to tune from the log files and not a gauge.

If I was to get a new setup now, I would probably look into the Innovate system first. Probably a better quality device overall and easy to run one in each cylinder bank if desired, though that is probably overkill since plug readings will give you an indication of how your left and right banks compare.

I actually have an EASE software and cable bundle for sale, was going to put it on Ebay. I have upgraded to more powerful software for scanning and no longer need it. Let me know if interested... Includes both ISO and VPW unlock discs.

You cant go wrong with the LM1 from Innovative Tuning.

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually have an EASE software and cable bundle for sale, was going to put it on Ebay. I have upgraded to more powerful software for scanning and no longer need it. Let me know if interested... Includes both ISO and VPW unlock discs.

You cant go wrong with the LM1 from Innovative Tuning.

PM me with your price. What are you upgrading to?

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, the long stretch of road. :D

So is the general concept to use the WB log file to determine new parameters for the VEC3, and then to use the VEC software to make a new program, store it on a card, and then upload to the VEC?

Thanks,
Pat

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the long stretch of road. :D

So is the general concept to use the WB log file to determine new parameters for the VEC3, and then to use the VEC software to make a new program, store it on a card, and then upload to the VEC?

Thanks,
Pat

Pretty much...I also use the Vec3 to troubleshoot issues as well. I captured TPS sensor voltage through the Vec3 and found that I had a bad TPS sensor. Had I not used the logging feature I never would've known about it. Its turned out to be a nifty troubleshooter for me over the summer.

OP
OP
P

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much...I also use the Vec3 to troubleshoot issues as well. I captured TPS sensor voltage through the Vec3 and found that I had a bad TPS sensor. Had I not used the logging feature I never would've known about it. Its turned out to be a nifty troubleshooter for me over the summer.

Thanks Tony.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since your laptop is tied into your VEC for logging, you can make changes on your laptop and update your VEC settings between each run without writing a card each time. When you have a tune that you are happy with, then program it to a card for long term\ storage and use.