Pro Shots of my Matte Black GTS

What do you think?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a good looking car, but I can't believe you are running HREs for that look.

I also think gloss black wheels would have looked best against the matte exterior.

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HRE's aren't all that special. Over priced to say the least. But there is a gloss lip on them! You can also see that I shaved their logo off the wheels. For as much as I paid for those, they can write me a check to advertise for them.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice, way better than Red .

I fully agree!

The car looks outstanding. The photographer could have done a LOT better on the 3rd photo with lighting. The overall look of the car is one of my favorites for the black cars. I do like the ones with semi gloss stripes over the matte black. (Doesn't look better then yellow though :))

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good. Could look better with stripes. I remember seeing a matte black GTS that had gloss black stripes. WOW! That looked mean. That would be nabbing their look, some maybe something a bit different. Tint to match the rest of the theme may look nice to ya too.

Too bad you can't design your own plate like in Texas. If that was the case, you could get a black background (see myplates.com for more info).

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17yrs ago, I painted a 95 Firebird in diamond black laquer. The matte black looked mean with the gold GTA rims but I did plan on eventually buffing it to a shine. Shortly after I painted it, a truck wheel fell out of the truck bed and rolled off the highway onto the access ramp and hit me in the drivers door. I traded the Firebird sight unseen to buy a 95 Mustang 5.0 vert. The dealer wasn't happy when it got there and charged me $500 for brake work on the leased 6cyl Mustang I turned in just before.

Why did you paint it in the first place? Was it a rebuild or did you actually repaint it for something different?

vipergtsinnova

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the uniqueness!! I like it on YOUR car, but wouldn't have it on mine. just my opinion.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matte is sick.... @ the NY auto show they had a few matte cars and they look soooo nice in person. My buddy just had his G wrapped in matte, thinking about doing the same.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The votes as of this post are 40 in favor and 40 not (counting "better than yellow/red" votes as in favor). Split decision. Interesting. My bet is the 40 and under crowd make up the majority of the ones in favor?? :dunno:

Ryan SRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love it! When i bought mine it had flat black wheels with factory black paint, i just had them repowdered semi gloss black. I love black on black period. It's even my favorite roulette bet!

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the gloss with matte or satin wheels, still looks good though, IMO some gloss stripes would set it off

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
17yrs ago, I painted a 95 Firebird in diamond black laquer. The matte black looked mean with the gold GTA rims but I did plan on eventually buffing it to a shine. Shortly after I painted it, a truck wheel fell out of the truck bed and rolled off the highway onto the access ramp and hit me in the drivers door. I traded the Firebird sight unseen to buy a 95 Mustang 5.0 vert. The dealer wasn't happy when it got there and charged me $500 for brake work on the leased 6cyl Mustang I turned in just before.

Why did you paint it in the first place? Was it a rebuild or did you actually repaint it for something different?

Once again thanks for all the positive comments! The negative ones are entertaining as well. As far as the pole goes, pretty much just for fun! I don't really care what most people think, but I have heard only positive things in person (but that's what people do). But do like to hear any negative, or criticisms just for future refereance.

I do plan on tinting the windows, but Michigan law says rear as dark as you want, but side windows can only be 4" from the top. So that is why that hasn't been done yet, I am still debating on what to do here.

I needed the car to get repainted for personal preferance. Its a 12 year old car with 55,000 miles and has had some minor paint work done in the past that was not perfect IMO. I had ton's of compliments on the car before, but it has some chips and imperfections.

I too seen a few cars in shows (2010 SEMA Las Vegas) that were done in Matte/flat black, and other matte color's and just fell in love with it. My car was already preped to get painted, but those just sealed the deal. The best was a Matte Black Nissan GTR slammed with black wheels:)

Once agian thanks everyone, hope people are impressed with the car, and if not oh well at least you only have to see the rear as I pass by!

-Tim

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice! i'm not a big fan of flat black...but yours is such a complete package it just looks sinister.

MoreBeer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I absolutely love this finish... Since you had it resprayed, what does the process look as compared to a regular gloss black clearcoat? I thought about getting a matte black wrap done on my old Mustang (also gloss black), but could never pull the trigger.

-mb

OP
OP
T

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I absolutely love this finish... Since you had it resprayed, what does the process look as compared to a regular gloss black clearcoat? I thought about getting a matte black wrap done on my old Mustang (also gloss black), but could never pull the trigger.

-mb

Just get it painted, the wraps look great, but obviously not the same. You will very easily be able to find flaws in almost any wrap job and its just not the same.

I love the paint in Matte, just rinse-wash-dry. No waxing and it seems to stay cleaner longer.

-Tim

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang