Radiator Help

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need a radiator (standard Gen III). Anyone have a line on a used (from a wreck, etc) or other usable radiator. Checked Mopar Wednesday and they had none in stock in their warehouses.

JonB indicated he could offer nothing.

Help!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I could put in a call Monday and find out how quickly/how much I could have a custom radiator fabbed up for you, all aluminum. Likely around 900-1000, but better than stock, and should be quicker too- just let me know.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Dan. I really do not need added cooling capacity. Never experienced any cooling issues with the Gen III to date. I did notice in the marketplace a place called Alan's Performance selling a 3 pass aluminum radiator for $699. Has anyone dealt with them? New name for me.

As to a production radiator my local Dodge dealer said there were only 2 in stock in the US and they were at dealers. he did not offer to get one here (though the fact that I would purchase on an employee discount may have impacted that).

My radiator is at a repair shop right now hopefully getting fixed. But, because they are patching it with epoxy, I am looking for a better long term replacement. And truthfully I am not 100% that they will be able to fix it. And I really need to get it running for Sunday.

So if anyone has a line on one (new or used) I would appreciate it. Someone somewhere must have had one from a damaged car or from an upgrade. Right?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer Dan. I really do not need added cooling capacity. Never experienced any cooling issues with the Gen III to date. I did notice in the marketplace a place called Alan's Performance selling a 3 pass aluminum radiator for $699. Has anyone dealt with them? New name for me.

As to a production radiator my local Dodge dealer said there were only 2 in stock in the US and they were at dealers. he did not offer to get one here (though the fact that I would purchase on an employee discount may have impacted that).

My radiator is at a repair shop right now hopefully getting fixed. But, because they are patching it with epoxy, I am looking for a better long term replacement. And truthfully I am not 100% that they will be able to fix it. And I really need to get it running for Sunday.

So if anyone has a line on one (new or used) I would appreciate it. Someone somewhere must have had one from a damaged car or from an upgrade. Right?

Ron, didn't Chuck have one in stock? Or was he just listing the part number? Good luck!

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have an Alan's Triple pass in my 04 beast. With it installed, I'm running about 10 - 12 degrees cooler than stock in my highly modded application. I needed it - you may not.

Fit is good but not perfect. Installation was straightforward. It appears to be a very well made piece.

Good luck,

Dan

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Need a radiator (standard Gen III) Checked Mopar Wednesday and they had none in stock in their warehouses.

JonB indicated he could offer nothing..............(though the fact that I would purchase on an employee discount may have impacted that).

PartsRack DOES have both used and new OE SRt10 rads IN STOCK.
We dont have aftermarket in stock righh now

I mis-understood your pricing inquiry, sorry. I simply could NOT beat employee pricing on NEW.

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just picked up the repaired radiator. The fix is less than appealing so I decided to follow-thru with JonB and get a replacement Thanks Jon for checking into this and helping out.

Hopefully this will be the last on this radiator experience.:2tu:

As to how it failed let's just say a tool that I lost reappeared.:omg:

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well good news on this nasty topic. JonB got me a replacement radiator in incredible time. Arrived Friday and I was able to get in intalled by Saturday afternoon. So back on the road again and I do not need to use the repaired radiator or change it back out again. I can state a radiator replacement in a supercharged car is no party.

Thanks Jon for your great service.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much did Jon B. charge you fro the new radiator and how much was the shipping? I see Chuck Tator is selling them for $692.00 - 20% = $553.60. Was Jon cheaper?

Robbie

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would contact Jon. Pricing provided to me may not be the same as I am a long time established customer and it is best to get it from the source directly.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'll second that GR8_ASP.

When I replaced the stock radiator with the Alan's Radiator, it was a very tight fit with the Super Charger. I also have a larger intercooler and a larger, custom oil cooler, so some additional lines and less space to work in.

Really cut my hands up doing that. Car runs cooler now though, so I guess it was worth it. Summer is coming, we'll see .....

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How much did Jon B. charge you fro the new radiator and how much was the shipping? I see Chuck Tator is selling them for $692.00 - 20% = $553.60. Was Jon cheaper? Robbie

PartsRack is 25% off OEM parts of MSRP $500+. So, Yes, 5% LESS COSTLY.

Cheaper was n/a since they were back-ordred from Dodge. PartsRack had em IN STOCK.

We provide a TAKE-OUT OE rad for 50% of MSRP. Frequent customers would pay less.

Thanks for the kind words Ron!