Roller Lifter Mod

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have Greg Good do his solid roller conversion on their hydraulic lifters? I'm going with a big solid roller cam in my GTS and Greg is sending me the instructions on his "simple" modification. He's a busy guy so as I wait for him to get back to me, I'm just asking those out there that might have done this what their experience has been. On the other hand, if you have gone with aftermarket solid roller lifters, which ones did you use...just in case???

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Plum. Sitting on my butt in Ridgecrest/China Lake California for the week duing some military testing on the range...lots of time to contemplate life if you know what I mean!!

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to call him on that. I wish I had done that from the beginning. I hate hydraulic cams, simple is better, just like the Viper. It's the only aspect of my engine I don't like.

OP
OP
E

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Earlier Greg gave me the the specs to have CompCams grind me "just the right cam" for my set up. Dealing with how agressive to go based on limitations with stock valves. Can get replacement springs, etc to get .600 lift on the stock valves, but Greg is pushing me northwards of .621 and that would require longer valve stems. I can probably use the recommended grind but leave the ceiling at .600. Either way, still waiting for the solid roller modification instructions.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ellow, I spoke with Greg last night but forgot to remind him for your instructions. I owe him a call today so i'll remind him. He's busy doing final flow testing on my heads. :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960