Six Magazine's Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Amazon.com carried it last year. It would be great to see it there and at Borders, B&N, etc. Hey, maybe we can get a version for the eReaders.

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who won the autographed cover for answering the questions in the first issue?? No reply to my emails either?? Otherwise fantastic first effort!!

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who won the autographed cover for answering the questions in the first issue?? No reply to my emails either?? Otherwise fantastic first effort!!

No replies to your emails? Seems to be an ongoing trend unfortunately. Now that you have mentioned it publicly though you will be contacted and I'll be reprimanded lol.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When Advertisors contract, it was crystal-clear that Ad-copy had a drop-dead date for each issue. Each issue had a mail-by date contracted. If AD-COPY from an advertisor is delaying the mag, that affects the 'exposure days' of the other advertisors who complied. Just sayin', not complainin'.
The club gives Chrysler/Dodge/Mopar "first review" of the contents in order to make sure everybody is happy with how things are written and that the ads are in legal compliance. Additionally, the magazine and its readers enjoy contributions from certain folks in Detroit and cannot force them to write any faster than they do - but we certainly try. :D

IMO, getting viper magazine back into stores would be a big plus for the brand and this site/sponsors
The club agrees 100%. We just have to make sure that it makes financial sense and doesn't leave the club holding 1000 unsold copies of every issue.

Amazon.com carried it last year. It would be great to see it there and at Borders, B&N, etc. Hey, maybe we can get a version for the eReaders.
All being reviewed as this is typed.

As stated in the contest, the winners are published in the next issue. Just like the raffles, we can't announce the winners before they have been contacted. If you wrote you got a reply, with the only exception being if the email was somehow filtered by the email program - which is very, very rare.

No replies to your emails? Seems to be an ongoing trend unfortunately. Now that you have mentioned it publicly though you will be contacted and I'll be reprimanded lol.
There is no "ongoing trend". Every single email sent to [email protected] and [email protected] that asks for a reply is answered as quickly as possible - usually within a couple hours, including nights and weekends. Some emails are forwarded to the appropriate parties to answer, including those when you were having problems with other vendors. The VCA admin can't possibly address those kind of issues - it is an administrative function only. The questions about contest and raffle winners are given a "canned" response simply stating that the winners will be announced shortly and/or in the next magazine, etc.

The club is working 24/7 to publish a great magazine and answer all member inquiries with no exceptions.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Actually, the last one was printed in mid-March and this issue won't be as delayed. The magazine is dependent on certain contributors, including advertising copy.

AD COPY is delaying the mag? So, Advertisors are to blame! Ad contract has dates for ADS and for PUBLICATION. Please dont let Advertisors delay it?

.......The club gives Chrysler/Dodge/Mopar "first review" of the contents in order to make sure everybody is happy with how things are written and that the ads are in legal compliance. Additionally, the magazine and its readers enjoy contributions from certain folks in Detroit and cannot force them to write any faster than they do - but we certainly try......

So its those 'certain Detroit' contributors who are delaying the mag, not just advertisors? Detroit Folks are to blame.

Past regular contributors are well-aware of copy deadlines......Why not use their late stuff NEXT issue to stay on time, and meet commitments ? Newsstand placements slots / date will matter....you get X days........

Last edited:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
IMO, getting viper magazine back into stores would be a big plus for the brand and this site/sponsors...

I hope so too, but: SOME HISTORY -

Back when DODGE was the publisher, there were several years that Newsstand copies were distributed. Those returned unsold issues are the "back issues" that are readily available even today. I do not recall getting any calls from those ads, but DODGE had image ads in those mags, as did some few dealers selling Vipers. Even so, Dodge stopped the expense of newsstand distribution for a reason. As mentioned above, "unsolds" are the black hole.

P.S. To Bill Rememberton: DODGE DIVISION was the publisher thru 2010.... I am pretty certain it was Dodge that decided to stop publishing, coinciding with the 2-year Viper hiatus. Not JRT's decision. But since Ralph stated "I vow to do right by Viper" we know the future is bright for the car and the mag.

I look forward to the next issue

Last edited:

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just receved my vca membership package, what is the red rubber thingy?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AD COPY is delaying the mag? So, Advertisors are to blame!

So its those 'certain Detroit' contributors who are delaying the mag, not just advertisors? Detroit Folks are to blame.

Jon, not sure what you are driving at but the club certainly accepts responsibility for any delays - we are simply trying to explain what some of the holdups can be and have been. We aren't going to "call out" any individuals or companies, but can assure you that we carefully weigh any potential delays against the value of losing that input altogether. It's no contest.

I am pretty certain it was Dodge that decided to stop publishing, coinciding with the 2-year Viper hiatus. Not JRT's decision.

Actually JRT was quite content to continue publishing the magazine indefinitely but agreed to "pass it over" to the VCA as long as we would already be taking on everything else. There was absolutely no discussion of stopping publishing altogether.

I can wait if the rest are as good as the first one.
Too soon to tell on the rest, but this next one appears to be pretty spiffy in and of itself... :2tu:

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so now that you guys have morphed my thread in 12 different directions, will someone answered the question already on when exactly the next magazine is coming out? Like I stated in the beginning, I am having a very hard time seeing 6 magazines hitting my mailbox in the span of a year.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry but I have to laugh at the fact you keep asking this and no one bothers to respond when you started the thread.

I hope you get an answer

Okay so now that you guys have morphed my thread in 12 different directions, will someone answered the question already on when exactly the next magazine is coming out? Like I stated in the beginning, I am having a very hard time seeing 6 magazines hitting my mailbox in the span of a year.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The magazine is not my particular area of expertise but I'm interested in why you are concerned. Huge effort has been expended in improving the magazine and adding issues. There was a large ramp up time to do the first one on our own, but the ones after that will flow much faster. The response has been overwhelming as to the increase in quality. Hell, PLUM even likes the magazine now! Hell has officially frozen over and Pigs have been seen flying!
The goal is 6 issues, no one is charging you more for those 6 over the lesser amount you got last year, so just hypothetically if you only got 5 instead of 6 how would you be harmed? You still got more for the same money. Why continually harp on whether the goal of 6 will be met. I think it will but if it did not you would still get more for your money not only in the number of issues but the greatly increased quality.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The magazine is not my particular area of expertise but I'm interested in why you are concerned. Huge effort has been expended in improving the magazine and adding issues. There was a large ramp up time to do the first one on our own, but the ones after that will flow much faster. The response has been overwhelming as to the increase in quality. Hell, PLUM even likes the magazine now! Hell has officially frozen over and Pigs have been seen flying!
The goal is 6 issues, no one is charging you more for those 6 over the lesser amount you got last year, so just hypothetically if you only got 5 instead of 6 how would you be harmed? You still got more for the same money. Why continually harp on whether the goal of 6 will be met. I think it will but if it did not you would still get more for your money not only in the number of issues but the greatly increased quality.

Technically, if memory serves me correctly, we received 4 Viper Magazines and 4 VCA Notes per year previously, so our number of publications received is being reduced from 8 to 6 (or however many we actually receive).

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Technically, if memory serves me correctly, we received 4 Viper Magazines and 4 VCA Notes per year previously, so our number of publications received is being reduced from 8 to 6 (or however many we actually receive).

OK, I completely understand what you are saying, but carrying it a step further, Notes have NOT been taken away, they have simply been INCLUDED in the magazine, and their content has been increased, as has the magazines. there has been no take back in benefits here. As well as no increase in dues or the price of subscription, but the combined magazine has been said by all to be better in all regards.
The club does save a ton of money by using this combined publication mailing process, and that money can be reinvested in having a better magazine. I would say that's already been accomplished.

So carrying the original logic out that I made to the OP, if he only got 5 magazines and 5 Notes (included in the magazine) he would still be better off than he was last year with no increase in dues or a subscription increase of any kind.

I think we will get 6. It was simply a huge undertaking to get rolling but it's off and running now. Kind of like launching a Viper, hard to get traction initially, but once you get rolling......

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understanding your point Lee but you bringing up 5 instead of 6 is still good was not what was advertised. He is asking a fair question and obviously no one will be adversely affected if it is only 5. A simple "we are trying and that is still our plan" response is better than well 5 is more than you had in the past. I think your response comes across a little defensive and I didn't take his question as rude. OP kept asking the question and had a little more intensity in subsequent posts due to the off topic nature this post went.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Understanding your point Lee but you bringing up 5 instead of 6 is still good was not what was advertised. He is asking a fair question and obviously no one will be adversely affected if it is only 5. A simple "we are trying and that is still our plan" response is better than well 5 is more than you had in the past. I think your response comes across a little defensive and I didn't take his question as rude. OP kept asking the question and had a little more intensity in subsequent posts due to the off topic nature this post went.

You gotta be kidding me. Believe me you will know if I actually become defensive. And I did not take the question as rude either. But I did think it was already answered by Post 3 in the thread which actually answered the OP's question in the manner you suggest. I liked post 2 as well, I thought it got right to the point.:D
And if my final sentence in my last post does not express that same view you wished then I don't know what would have.

"I think we will get 6. It was simply a huge undertaking to get rolling but it's off and running now. Kind of like launching a Viper, hard to get traction initially, but once you get rolling...... "

So what's wrong with using an additional example of perceived value? It's not defensive, it's trying to further explain a question that seemed to be already answered but not understood, so I took a shot, an extra effort.
And as you say "obviously no one will be adversely affected if they got 5." So YOU got the point, and hopefully maybe the OP and others did too.

I simply don't know how to answer it any better than with an example like that. Time frames make it look like it might only be 5 to the OP, I still believe it will be 6, but I addressed the perceived value of 5 as that seemed to be what the OP was logically assuming was going to be the result of analyzing where we were at this point.

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kidding, not me, guess it is a matter of perception!

Did it get answered in post #3, in a round about way yes, in a political way yes, was I satisfied, yes. So why am I posting in this thread? As a National representative I felt that your point of view was well intended but poorly executed. You can come back with whatever you want as I have stated what I PERCEIVED from someone interested in this topic. I truly don't believe it should have been addressed in a manner that makes one think (at least me) that we should be lucky to have 5 as it is more than last year, even though potentially less than the intended number of 6.

For the OP to keep asking meant that he did not understand the round about answer. If you didn't know how to answer better and the magazine wasn't your specialty than maybe it should have been deferred to someone else? Unfortunately I am sure you will have to feel like you need to defend yourself. I am simply trying to explain what members may potentially read into this as I did. If you weren't being defensive, my apologies for even implying it but it is still my perception.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we get 3 high quality magazines I'm happy. When JRT was in charge, the magazines were average at best. The VCA notes were read in 5 mins and dumped in the garbage after that. We took 2 lackluster publications and made one AWESOME combined magazine. HUGE improvement for the VCA!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know how I'll make it through the day if I find out I'm only getting five issues this year...

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
What, as soon as a Member has a question and asks for some answer's, the peanut gallery has to jump in?. Do they serve Kool Aid in 55 gal drums for y'all?. Belittle the question, maybe it will go away?

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that we have to ask where the magazines are instead of being told the situation is a problem on its own. If it was known the magazine is undergoing delays (for whatever reason), why not just post that up in advance so everyone knows what to expect? That would have prevented this whole thread.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys - I missed the latest. In a nutshell: The"next" magazine is shipping now and we are on schedule for the remaining four this year. ABSOLUTELY six issues received in 2011.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys - I missed the latest. In a nutshell: The"next" magazine is shipping now and we are on schedule for the remaining four this year. ABSOLUTELY six issues received in 2011.

Well...there's a NON-SURPRISE. But thanks for your hard work and getting back to us on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper