Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my second Veyron comment from my BMW buddy when he saw my facebook wall ACR photo and story...

He says: the bugati veron does not count?
2 hours ago · Like

I say: Sure... it counts about 28 seconds more than the Viper ACR around the Nurburgring and it counts about another $1.5 million when you pay for it.
7 minutes ago · Like

MADMAX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words! Also thanks to the VCA forums I am also in direct contact with Tomball and will be in touch with them soon when I get a chance to think... my 'day job' is here at the 'Ring and we have 4 days of touristenfahrt (public sessions) now so I'll be busy with the wage-earner first... ;-) But I hope to get more on this topic by next week.

Hi Dale,
Welcome to my world - hope you enjoy our website.
We should have tried harder to hookup when I visited the Ring end August - had a fabulous time.
Bump into Michael of Mintgen in the padocks on the Sunday afternoon - wasn't racing Vipers that day though.
Also saw the Lexus steaming along at Pflanzgarten on the Monday - very fast!!!
I've got over 2 hours of HD video while on the ring to download at some point.
Will stop by BTG soon.
Cheers,
Ade.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So........any time frame for video release?
Every auto site and blog are waiting for the "proof"

Last edited by a moderator:

ViperExchange

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Howdy, Yes Mark, I have been quiet. I am so excited about the entire experience that I am afraid I will say something I am not supposed to. I just want to fill the entire forum up with adjectives. It was awesome. Lots of drama. Big risks. Big stakes. The moment the record lap was set was like hitting the lottery or something. It was one of the most exciting moments of my life. Beating the ZR1 seemed easy, but reclaiming the record was questionable. To beat the LFA by 2.5 seconds was incredible. To do it in cars straight off the Tomball Dodge showroom was awesome. No cage, no nothing. Then to be able to bring my Daytona 24hr running mate, Dominik Farnbacher, in to drive one of the cars made the event even more personal for me. There are many stories to tell. But they will have to wait until after the official video is posted and the official news is announced.

ViperExchange

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Also on a second note, we are putting together a special 7:12 Nurburgring Edition cars that will be extremely unique and special. I am equally excited about this. We will have 3 cars in each color available. Same unique Paint combo. Signatures from the entire team. Numbered badging. 7:12 N'Ring graphics. Photo book telling the story of the whole experience. etc. etc. These cars will be special. So then, you too can go to the N'Ring and set a record!!! It will be a special part of Viper Hisssssstory.

Thank you to everyone in the VCA for your kind notes and incredible support. Bernie and I are honored to be involved in this whole deal. All the people of Tomball Dodge and ViperExchange.com are just excited to have brought to record home.

Ben Keating

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Ben,

Not only on the Ring record but what you have accomplished in Viper Cup. I love watching the races and seeing the risks you take.

Will the Video be available on DVD to purchase like the 722 time?

Bruce

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also on a second note, we are putting together a special 7:12 Nurburgring Edition cars that will be extremely unique and special. I am equally excited about this. We will have 3 cars in each color available. Same unique Paint combo. Signatures from the entire team. Numbered badging. 7:12 N'Ring graphics. Photo book telling the story of the whole experience. etc. etc. These cars will be special. So then, you too can go to the N'Ring and set a record!!! It will be a special part of Viper Hisssssstory.
Ben Keating

I feel sorry for the dope who bought one beforehand and won't have all the cool badging etc.
He must feel sad and left out...:smirk:

ViperExchange

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the dope who bought one beforehand and won't have all the cool badging etc.
He must feel sad and left out...:smirk:

I am sure we can figure out a way to include that poor Dude in the festivities:2tu:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, somehow I missed all this.............. All the guys who were involved in this msut be on top of the world right now. To be a car dealer and have your cars involved in this effort shows your absolute commitment, huge risk and expense on your part. Congrats to all of you and may you reap the awards!

VIPER Magazine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We will be publishing the full story in the next VIPER magazine. Some great behind-the-scenes information, exclusive photos, and much more! Stuff like this:

rain1.jpg

Expect video in the near future as well (not from us - we are a magazine after all). When you watch it we suspect you will be every bit as excited as Ben, Bernie, and the entire SRT Team! There should be a "directors cut" available from the VCA as well. As they say, stay tuned...

Don't get VIPER magazine? It's FREE with your paid VCA membership. Not a Dodge Viper owner? Subscribe today!

https://www.vipermagazine.com/subscribe/

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see the ACR finally get true representation at the Ring. When you smack everyone down by that many notches, it will take them a while to catch up. I would bet you can expect to see Dodge set about a new generation of high hp specialty sports cars because no one is getting down there and much faster without some serious aero on the car.

ACR - FTW

I would imagine either Kuno or Tom did the winning run as Tom really knows the track. Dominick is Bens co driver for the TRG Porsche races. Hey Ben, you sure kept this quiet at TWS recently !!

You must not know much about Dominik Farnbacher. He is the TRUTH!!!

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would also like to know why the LFA is even being mentioned. That was not a street going production model of the vehicle. In fact, that was a prototype vehicle that they were testing to race the Nurburgring, hence the full cage, and if I'm not mistaken, it also ran on slicks.

The production model of the LFA has proven to not even be in the same league as what that ring time would suggest. Anyone actually counting that time has not done their homework.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Winners can afford to be generous and gracious. Let's be kind to the Lexus people. After all they just spent millions, if not tens of millions, of dollars in development money on a car that retails for north of 350K and that car will now be considered a dog by those who have to have the top dog in the hunt. I feel terrible for them. Just terrible. 実際に、私はそれについて最高の気分。350 K以上を費やした人は愚か者でした。

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think they are waiting for Ralph to come back from Targa so he can be the one to make the announcement and to release the video? Anybody that mat Ralph at VOI knows how passionate he is about the Viper.
If so, I personally don't mind the wait then. As much as Ralph has done for the Viper, he deserves to be the one to make the announcement that we kick'd the worlds' asp.....

IMHO....