Vipers looking for revenge at The Ring Today!!!

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very good news!

local forum currently had a GTR vs Vette discussion so it's a good time to jump in there with these new times :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Dodge takes back the record!

http://www.torquenews.com/106/dodge-viper-acr-destroys-production-nürburgring-record-712

The Dodge Viper ACR first set its impressive record in August of 2008 and that record of 7:22.1 stood until the Porsche 911 GT2 beat it in April 2010, while it took the Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 and the Lexus LFA until this year to break the Viper’s 3 year old numbers. It took Lexus, Porsche and Chevrolet years of testing and development to best the Viper but even with Chrysler using a 2010 model that had been sitting around since production ended last year – the Viper ACR made short work of all of these numbers in running an incredible 7:12.13. This number puts the 2010 Dodge Viper ACR ahead of all major mainstream production vehicles with only the Gumpert Apollo Sport and a pair of Radical SR8 ranking better than the Viper, although it should be pointed out that both the Apollo Sport and the two Radical SR8 models are both street legal race cars that you will be hard pressed to ever see on the open road. They also both cost significantly more than the 2010 Viper ACR.

Chrysler sat by quietly as the Porsche 911 GT2 and Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 beat the Dodge Viper ACR Nürburgring time but with the Lexus LFA Nürburgring Edition raising the bar a great deal last week with their 7:14.6, it seems that the folks from SRT had enough of watching their numbers slide down the leader board. SRT took two showroom stock 2010 Dodge Viper ACR coupes, which were provided by Tomball Dodge of Tomball Texas to the Nürburgring with the intention of reclaiming their record and they did so in fantastic fashion – comfortably crushing all other production cars around the monstrous German race track even though the current Viper does not offer any of the advanced stability or traction control systems found in the LFA or Corvette ZR1.

In addition to that new record for street legal production cars set by the Viper SRT10 ACR, the Dodge Viper ACR-X reportedly hit the track as well, ripping off an awesome lap time of 7:03 according to the folks at the Viper Club of America. That time puts the Viper ACR-X third overall among non-street legal models, trailing only the Pagani Zonda R (6:47.5) and the Ferrari 599XX (6:58.16).

Unfortunately, there has been no official statement from Chrysler thus far but with Chevrolet and Lexus both offering video of their record times, we can (hopefully) expect a video soon from the SRT group showing their Viper ACR tearing around the Nürburgring in just over 7 minutes and 12 seconds. One thing is for sure – even though the Dodge Viper hasn’t seen any significant changes over the past few years, Chrysler showed yesterday that it is still one of the premier supercars in the world as it once again holds the record for the fastest street legal production car to lap the famed Nürburgring.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will those guys at Generous Motors ever learn? :omg: When you play with a snake.... you eventually get bit.

They are trying to hide the news at the Corvette Forums, but like the horsepower in their supercharged small block... it's too much to handle.

The word is out :talk, let the crying and the excuses begin.

Best of all folks........ it's a Dodge.
:D

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GreenVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made sure all 126 members of my Vette club heard the news by sending them an email first thing this morning :2tu: That should make their breakfast come back up :crazy2:

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG!!!! Congrats SRT! This just made my week! So proud to own a Viper! Might leave the office just to go back home to get it.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry....but what color combination was the fastest car at the Ring?
Yeah...that's right....black with silver stripes.
But we already knew it would be, right? :D

Has anyone checked the Lexus forums, or any of the exotics forums?
Should make for some interesting morning reading. :)

Whose the cornering ******* now, Jezza?
Quoted because it's awesome. :)
Thanks Vic!

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Somewhere in Japan a bunch of Japanese guys have some splaining to do. We need a new early93viper video.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers are only good straight line cars, you guys know that.
Those Ferraris and Lambos and other euro sports cars are the cornering demons. :smirk:

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LFA & ZR1 suffering from venomous snake bites compounded by blunt force trauma.

Last edited:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELL YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, friggin awesome.

way to go SRT team

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This has to be the coolest thread ever. Vipers are so incredible and Im damn proud to have one.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just checked out a Lexus forum and the corvette forum. It's funny how they are trying to find every excuse to why the viper ran that time.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Way to go!! Can't wait to see the video!!!!! Anyone who hasn't got an ACR should get one while they last! ;)

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder what Sergio will say on the subject. Only a metter of time. :eater:

Looks like Viper is better than Ferrari when it comes to the ring....

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are currently 309 users browsing this thread. (14 members and 295 guests)
Gee is this of interest to anyone?? :D

JackDud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just sinking in how amazing this is on so many levels. Forget the fact that the current viper pulled a 7:12 lap for a minute and look at the big picture. This is SUCH a ballsy move for dodge to make. I don't think that dodge will release a new gen slower than the previous. The thought of another gen viper besting 7:12 in its first year of production is BONE CHILLING. This next car will be even more of a beast, and I can't even grasp my mind around that. For those who had their worries or doubts and unbeliefs about what's to come in the G5, now is the time to become a believer. 

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I can say it better than it already has but, Thank you Ben, SRT and Tomball Dodge :D Does any one have any $hit eating grin removal paste, my cheeks hurt.

:usa: :drive: :usa:

Last edited:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just sinking in how amazing this is on so many levels. Forget the fact that the current viper pulled a 7:12 lap for a minute and look at the big picture. This is SUCH a ballsy move for dodge to make. I don't think that dodge will release a new gen slower than the previous. The thought of another gen viper besting 7:12 in its first year of production is BONE CHILLING. This next car will be even more of a beast, and I can't even grasp my mind around that. For those who had their worries or doubts and unbeliefs about what's to come in the G5, now is the time to become a believer.

I'm not so sure.
It is unimaginable to me how a car without any aero (which the Gen 5 doesn't appear to have) even at 650-675 horsepower could beat this time.
There are Euro cars with more HP not even close.

It may take the Gen 5 ACR to do it. Maybe this time will hold till the Gen 5 ACR is released.
It sure will be fun to watch though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456