Wal-Mart still best place to buy Mobil 1?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always buy it from Costco when they have it on coupon. They sell it by the case (6 qts for $32.00?) and then the coupon is for $9.00 off.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worry about you Chad...most of your posts involve either WalMart or *******. Good GOD man, there's more out there than just those two establishments!! Just saying I'm here looking out for ya.

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Advance Auto is around $8.89 now. I was shocked when I checked out wal-mart and saw it for around $6.50. For now on I will be buying my oil from wal-mart.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I worry about you Chad...most of your posts involve either WalMart or *******. Good GOD man, there's more out there than just those two establishments!! Just saying I'm here looking out for ya.

And he even buys his oil in JUGS !!!

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest buzz on some of the Harley forums is that Walmart will be starting to carry the 15W-50 again beginning in late July. Apparantly the 15w-50 is an overall favorite with the late model Harley crowd.

I will update this as I hear more.

Steve A.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always buy it from Costco when they have it on coupon. They sell it by the case (6 qts for $32.00?) and then the coupon is for $9.00 off.

Thanks Bob, the nearestCostco is an hour away and after I paid the $50 to join/year, I don't think it'd work out in my favor.

I don't recall many Wal-Mart posts, but I could be wrong. I know for a fact I've never mentioned ******* before, so I know YOU'RE wrong on that one :D :rolaugh:

Thanks Jon, I'll go by tomorrow and see what they have.

And he even buys his oil in JUGS !!!

:rolaugh::rolaugh: For the record, I've eaten at ******* maybe 3 times in the last 2-3 months :omg::mad: Must change that....

emaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I go to O'Reillys (its close) and have them match the Walmart price (or whoever else has it on sale, last time NAPA had it for $4.99 qt) , then if you pick up the Mobil 1 Filter, there is a $15 mail in rebate.

ghengishahn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I go to O'Reillys (its close) and have them match the Walmart price (or whoever else has it on sale, last time NAPA had it for $4.99 qt) , then if you pick up the Mobil 1 Filter, there is a $15 mail in rebate.

I normally find that the jugs are most cost effective. I was a O Reilly's a few weeks ago and thought WOW they really cheap on Mobil 1. The jug looked the same but when I read the label it was only 4 quarts. Walmart still carries the 5 quart jug. What the details.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Latest buzz on some of the Harley forums is that Walmart will be starting to carry the 15W-50 again beginning in late July. Apparantly the 15w-50 is an overall favorite with the late model Harley crowd.

I will update this as I hear more.

Steve A.

Glad to read this, thanks!

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went to Pep Boys today and bought 10 of the 10w30 for $5 each. They had to ring up 6 and then 4 for the discount to apply to all 10, but they didn't mind doing so at all. They had the 4 quart jugs on sale for $21.40 and 5 qt jugs were $35. It was still better to buy the 10 individual qts and it beat Wal-Mart price by a couple bucks.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Today, 10:22 AM

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by JonB - PartsRack
Pep Boys reported at $5/qt, limit 6

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/...light=pep+boys

I went to Pep Boys today and bought 10 of the 10w30 for $5 each. They had to ring up 6 and then 4 for the discount to apply to all 10, but they didn't mind doing so at all. They had the 4 quart jugs on sale for $21.40 and 5 qt jugs were $35. It was still better to buy the 10 individual qts and it beat Wal-Mart price by a couple bucks.

Glad I could help a GA boy get on a Jugs-Diversion program

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post, I was driving all over town looking for 15/50, setttled for 10/40 just because I had a track event and I always change fluids.

Glad to hear Walmat's going to start carrying again:)

A month ago Autozone had a deal going, Mobil 1, 5qt and a filter for $32.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AdvanceAuto has the 5 qt special and carries 15w-50, at least here in CT.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4