What is the fastest You have driven?

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know why....but I had the balls to drive my car all out tonight as the road would allow...I saw the speedometer get to 180 mph....She handled fine...no different than 80 mph...except air started coming thru my conv top in the back somewhere...needless to say I could not check the exact spot. The aerodynamics and braking ability on these cars is simply amazing.....simply amazing.

Post the fastest mph you have taken your Viper!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
287 mph, 2390 horsepower. Just kidding 100+mph is too much on a public road. And too much at risk, death, loss of license, etc. Don't encourage this kind of stuff. :drive:

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
287 mph, 2390 horsepower. Just kidding 100+mph is too much on a public road. And too much at risk, death, loss of license, etc. Don't encourage this kind of stuff. :drive:
I didnt say anything about a public road. And life is a risk in general. If you drive a Viper...trust me...you are definitely taking a risk. Many guys in here have driven the Poconos track, a high speed road course, and there are some very fast tracks out west...post your speeds and describe your experiences!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
approx 187mph 2 years ago. it felt like the car was squating lower around 175. car felt VERY Stable and i had more speed to go but ran out of room. running out of room wont happen this year with the s/c on it.

viper77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
165 on a country road in the UP of Michigan. Most of our normal cruises are 130, 140 but, don't tell anyone.:D
I will try for the almighty 200 in the new 08 when it is broke in but, on a track this time.:drive:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Kind of off the subject, but did you get your heated seats installed yet?:D

banshe302

Viper Owner
Reaction score
185 Mph On The Ocean Pky Like It Was Nothing, More To Go Then Got Pulled Over @ 140 Mph Thank God I Was With A Nassau Cop Friend Following Me In A Vet ( Like I Said Following Me ) Trooper Let Us Go Thank God He Got Me @ 140 Mph And Not 185 Mph .

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just 150 on a Friday night in front of the Miller brewery in south Fort Worth. Interstate 35W. 3 lanes each side, flat and straight.

150 was the goal to do someday when I bought the car.

My goal is now higher. Likely will be the same road.

G

grcforce327

25mph!!!...............To many kids in the neighborhood to drive any faster! Did I mention my two neighbors are :cop::cop: 's

:lmao::omg::omg::lmao:

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much road in terms of distance do you guys think it takes on the average to reach max speed a Viper? I know mods play an important variable. I personally have a Paxton s/c with complete exhaust including headers on an '05 SRT.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was simply amazed at how hard the Viper continues to accelerate from 140 thru 180...she pulls like a freakin Ninja! And it happens quickly. These things are built for this kind of stuff...the faster she goes, the more she sticks, the lower she squats.

I cannot imagine what kind of acceleration the Paxton and TT guys are seeing. Those guys GOTTA have titanium balls to withstand that kind of acceleration and power.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine up to 160ish at Pocono last year. It is amazing how well the car sticks and squats at those speeds. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait for this year's Pocono track day hosted by our NJ family.

2006red/whitecoupe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I rented a 1995 RT-10 from Sunbelt car rental in Las Vegas in 1996; first time I had ever drivin a Viper....took it up to Rachel, Nevada which is out in the middle of no-where. With the top off we hit 176MPH. I was amazed at how hard these things pull from 120 to 150. To get from 160 to 176 took quite some distance and I don't recommend it unless you have a lot of room and I mean a LOT of room. Went home and bougt a '97 coupe; and shipped it twice or to Las Vegas to run the Silver State Classic.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
165 on a country road in the UP of Michigan. Most of our normal cruises are 130, 140 but, don't tell anyone.:D
I will try for the almighty 200 in the new 08 when it is broke in but, on a track this time.:drive:

Come on Frank. There ain't no track you'll ever be on that will get you to 200........does this mean a UP road again? :nono:

Steve

Reaction score
I have been at "insane" speeds in Gen3 vipers and I do not think they are that stable at speeds over 160. The air that gets under the front end makes the car light and above 180 don't even think of jumping on the brakes to stop you will need to coast a bit to get the nose down first.

This is even worse on a S/C or Turboed car because they will still squat the rear and lift the front at over 160. I just hope that you guys are really in a safe place when you are doing this because even on a track the consequences could be huge and I know we all have families to think about.

TexasSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been at "insane" speeds in Gen3 vipers and I do not think they are that stable at speeds over 160. The air that gets under the front end makes the car light and above 180 don't even think of jumping on the brakes to stop you will need to coast a bit to get the nose down first.

This is even worse on a S/C or Turboed car because they will still squat the rear and lift the front at over 160. I just hope that you guys are really in a safe place when you are doing this because even on a track the consequences could be huge and I know we all have families to think about.

Good post! What happens if you hit the brakes too hard while at the extremely high speeds while the front end is light? I'm asking a serious safety question that I do not know the answer to. I think the answer might be important to those like myself that aren't experienced extreme drivers.

Thanks...

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wound 4th gear to redline - What's that, about 155-160.

Highway run at about 1am w/ no other cars in sight.

I've since installed 3.55's,,,, to slow me down.;)

toomanymodz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last year I took my stock 06 quickly to 145 and back down again. My mother was in the passenger seat. The viper got to that speed so quickly that she hadn't a clue how fast we went!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kind of off the subject, but did you get your heated seats installed yet?:D

No I received them in the mail but havnt installed them. I just bought a corsa exhaust from somebody on this board, and HID fog lights. The heated seats are last in line. I also have a couple projects to do with my h2 also. I would guess 2 weeks until we get to it, I will definately post pictures after I have installed them, theyre mostly for when the top is down, even though its winter the heat from the viper is good enough for now, but when the top is down I think its a must have in any convertible. Call me crazy ;)

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I might have actually crossed into the 190's last night, b/c I got out of it and was coasting down when I saw 180 mph...definitely gotta watch everything supercareful at those speeds...but since I didnt actually see 190...I say the fastest I went was 180ish.

I love this stuff! I cannot wait to race the Pocono's track and some of the really fast tracks out west this season. I can get addicted to speeds like this! I used to drive a Vette back before my brain tumors were removed:lmao:(joke) and she got really light in the rear at speeds over 130 mph, very disconcerting. The Viper does not do that at all...she just points and goes!

You guys think I need to upgrade the brakes if I do the high speed road coarses? I have heard of brakes igniting on some of these fast tracks.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have been over 155 mph 3x in the last week...I have not noticed any lightness or instability.

I have been considering adding the ACR front aero parts to my Viper...but I was not impressed w/ the top speed of 177 mph for the ACR due to drag. I imagine most of the drag came from that big ass rear wing. But I think the front splitter and front vanes would help w/ whatever stability issues you noticed.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that my car did 165 on 275 around cincinnati for like just a sec or two before it slowed back down real fast. It might be a rumor but thats what I heard:dunno:.

Mamba have you tracked your car yet? If not I wouldn't worry about your GenIII brakes at all. Maybe get some steel brake lines put in if you are going to track it a lot. You think going fast is chilling try slamming the brake to the floor at over 100mph on a dry warm day and feel the abs kick in as you slam to a halt (only try this in a straight line though). The braking capability of the GENIII is outrageous!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang