What is this "GForce" thing?

Ghosteh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume that this is some sort of performance chip or enhancement, but I have no idea. My car didn't come with an owner's manual for any aftermarket items.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what this is?

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
G

Ghosteh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the G-force chip.... I read some online reviews & it apparently isn't worth the trouble. I'll be removing it and looking for something quality that gives an honest increase in power.

Kirkinsb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
G-force chip, I would get that thing out of my viper instantly. I believe the theory is they trick the computer to thinking your air intake temp is lower than it actually is. So the computer dumps more fuel in... But I would bet it does not even do that. I mean, they make one for an ENZO Ferrari!.....$69.00. I dunno...seems like if it is truly tricking the computer...well, that may or may not be good.

And the exhaust tips, you will need to remove your side sills to get to the rear height adjustment bolts. There are two of them right by the rear exhaust hanger. Removing your side sills can be intimidating if you have never done it before.

Last edited:

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those G-Force boxes are dumb.

They are as effective as decals/stickers on the car.

Looks like the car still has the stock exhaust w/crossover pipe. That thing is dumb too.
-pretty much the only thing that sucked about gen III Vipers.

Most of us have taken that off for -less cabin heat, less weight, cooler sounding car.
Trying to adjust the position of that may be tough, as it's all tied together. A lot easier to adjust them when each side is independent without the stupid crossover assembly.

Enjoy the car, but watch out for cops.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the metal exhaust pipes expand with heat, many adjust their outlet pipes so that when cold, they are in the front portion of the body outlet.

When the exhaust heats up, it then moves towards the rear.

If you center them when cold, the exhaust may rub up against the rear of the outlet, and cause damage.

This ( 0) when cold = (0 ) when warm.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since the metal exhaust pipes expand with heat, many adjust their outlet pipes so that when cold, they are in the front portion of the body outlet.

When the exhaust heats up, it then moves towards the rear.

If you center them when cold, the exhaust may rub up against the rear of the outlet, and cause damage.

This ( 0) when cold = (0 ) when warm.

This right here...they need to be centered when up to full operating temps, which means they will be shifted towards the front when cold.