whats it worth to you

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the wrecks were so bad you changed the color of the car........thats more than a bumper swap

if you think an 03 is worth the same as an 06, I'm not gonna argue. good for you and good luck.

i just hate seeing someone scamming another viper owner and thats whats going on here with this car. you should disclose that info BEFORE he makes an offer, not when he is about to get financing or pic it up

Don't worry. If the guy buys it not knowing and gets on this forum he will have documented proof in order to sue Tweaster. He may end up with a SSG coupe instead of a twice wrecked vert.

Nothing against wrecked/ repaired Vipers. I own one and guarantee it's better than new. It just needs to be disclosed. I heard someone in the insurance industry say after 5 years 60% of all Vipers have been in some kind of wreck, sometimes more than one.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said i would disclose....but i sure as hell dont have to...the car was repainted because i wanted yellow....much cheaper just to paint a hood and bumper.......you know when theirs frame damage ect and you hide it then thats wrong...but a bumper and hood?...thats so bad....or the second time the bumper was replaced because of scratches from someone simply backing up into it?.....i will disclose but again i dont have to..the car is clean. ive seen vipers that were in really bad accidents with slightly twisted frames and bad alighning body panels with paint that you could tell was mis matched and the owners were so cheap they didnt even bother putting the fangs emblem back on...

i assure my car isnt even close to ome of those...she was a show car the way she sits right now and was also featured as the car of the month in the local newspaper the way she sits right now....

so again i will disclose....but i will defend this car to the bitter end...she is not just an ok viper ect....or some repainted wreck....

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said i would disclose....but i sure as hell dont have to...the car was repainted because i wanted yellow....much cheaper just to paint a hood and bumper.......you know when theirs frame damage ect and you hide it then thats wrong...but a bumper and hood?...thats so bad....or the second time the bumper was replaced because of scratches from someone simply backing up into it?.....i will disclose but again i dont have to..the car is clean. ive seen vipers that were in really bad accidents with slightly twisted frames and bad alighning body panels with paint that you could tell was mis matched and the owners were so cheap they didnt even bother putting the fangs emblem back on...

i assure my car isnt even close to ome of those...she was a show car the way she sits right now and was also featured as the car of the month in the local newspaper the way she sits right now....

so again i will disclose....but i will defend this car to the bitter end...she is not just an ok viper ect....or some repainted wreck....

not all but some of us would disagree. i bet EVERYONE would want to know this info BEFORE they offered cash though. youre right, you dont have to though. its only the right thing to do.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok....i disclosed....

final inspection tomorrow...after discloseing and the realization that the warranty cannot be transferred...39k has been agreed by both parties

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres the proof that I disclosed

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in6m6cFIbGc[/media]

So its now or never time tomorrow....I guess Ill be happy when the SSG coupe is in the front yard..But feeling sad for now

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
heres the proof that I disclosed

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in6m6cFIbGc[/media]
So its now or never time tomorrow....I guess Ill be happy when the SSG coupe is in the front yard..But feeling sad for now

Jesus dude. Seriously. You need to buy yourself a snake skin green helmet with cam of course, matching knee and shoulder pads, and just run yourself in to a wall with what is left of that twice painted ****. I am hoping that connects some wiring that is clearly not connecting currently.

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that you did the right thing by telling the buyer what happened to your car.

I also can not believe what some of you have said in this thread, its one thing to disagree and another to go over board with the things you say.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
good boy, you did the right thing for a change ! :)

now one day you can tell your daughter how you did the right thing regardless that it cost you some money.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also can not believe what some of you have said in this thread, its one thing to disagree and another to go over board with the things you say.
Welcome to the VCA forums. It's always like that here.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video is gone....this has been an amusing thread.....if the 39K somehow materializes, you are a very lucky guy and better grab the money and run.

Bill

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TUCKER!!!!!!

:rolaugh: Since you will listen to Phil, I am hoping up next he breaks you of using your camcorder. While it is good for a laugh, I still go through the rest of my day feeling sorry for you.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im meeting the guy in 30 minutes..I just live on a differant world then you guys (please no jokes on that one Tucker..LOL) as to me 39K feels like Im giving this car away...

I origionally bought this car for 54K back in 2007...So 15K in 3 years...DANG...Plus she looks/drives/acellerates better and has much more goodies then she did back in 2007...

He wanted to have someone put the car up on a lift ect to inspect it..I said HELL no...They could damage my car trying to drive on the ramp ect. So we agreed on the local Jiffy Lube were you can just drive over the pits..He's gonna pay an ACE certified worker there to inspect the car ...

I almost hope they tell him somthings jacked up and he decides not to buy..Im so Teeter Totering on this....Fate will decide....

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We met and he went over the car again...I showed him anything and everything i could think of..from a small dime side scratch behind the seat to any missing screws...

I went a lil overboard with the honesty thing...LOL..I guess I was trying not to sell him my car if that makes any sense...But it seems that he still wants it..He will be calling me soon fo the final word.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He wanted to have someone put the car up on a lift ect to inspect it..I said HELL no...They could damage my car trying to drive on the ramp ect. So we agreed on the local Jiffy Lube were you can just drive over the pits..He's gonna pay an ACE certified worker there to inspect the car ...

this guy is quite the genius

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this guy is quite the genius

In reality, who cares if the bumper needs painted a third time.

And yes Twister, you live in a land far far away. If you really want to close the deal, show him that amazing footage from your helmet cam. He should hand you a check instantly.

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is scolding me right now because you wrote the truth..her and I are reading all of this and trying to make a decision..My wife agrees that the economy is bad and 41K seems to be fair...maybey gonna sell to the guy..But no phone...!!!!!!

So, your wife reads your posts here regularly? And you are still married??? :confused:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister. A few months ago you were posted asking for opinions about what to do since you were not able to make payments on your NSX and wondering if it would be better to simply let the repo man take it. Now, you bring up the fact that you don't think you should disclose paint work/wrecks to the "potential owners". You certainly live in a different world man.

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It wasnt that I couldnt make the payments..I have 5 cars...But the engine on the nsx blew..And it took me 8 months to find a replacement..

I was makeing payments on a nsx with a blown engine for nearly a year...With the blown engine the car was next to worthless..maybe worth 13K or so...

I FINALLY found a engine from someone who wasnt trying to scam me..Got it shipped here to hawaii and installed..9K later for the engine and install and my nsx had value again...

The 9K defiently isnt cheap by my standards...But you try to find a nsx engine for your specifi nsx and trannie thats for sale and in good running condition..Talk about RARE..

yes I was ready to have that car reposessed...

that nsx has been a nightmare..

-bought it for 35K
-few months lkater replaced the clutch and timeing belt for 4K
-then a week the engine seals blew and cost me 1.5K
-then a month later the exhaust caught fire
-Then 3 months later the engine bearings went and it took me 8 months to find the engine and cost me 9K

Im about 50K into that car and have put less then 1000 miles on it and will be lucky to sell it for 24K at this point..

Dayum right I considered letting it get reposessed...Actually I probally would have been better off by doing that..

i just spent another 1K last month for some electrical gremlems as a matter of fact...so make that 51K into my 91 nsx

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still, not even close to a reason to let a car get repossessed

IMO, thats why toys should be paid for in cash and/or if you cant afford to pay, you dont play...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Twister. A few months ago you were posted asking for opinions about what to do since you were not able to make payments on your NSX and wondering if it would be better to simply let the repo man take it. Now, you bring up the fact that you don't think you should disclose paint work/wrecks to the "potential owners". You certainly live in a different world man.

Whatever man...I guarantee you MORE THAN HALF the people on this site or any other site wouldnt say anything about anything that wasnt on paper or noticable..My car is clean car fax and clean title and not only clean visually. but clean with extras..

i did the right thing and told the guy..But dont try to make me feel bad about doing what everyone does..

hell the guy looking at my nsx just passed because he said the carfax showed the car was in an accident in 2006..I bought the car in 2007 and specifically asked the owner about accidents and he said none since he had it in the past 5 years...

i took his word and guess what..My dumb A$$ never looked at the carfax and he had just wrecked the car not even a year before i bought it..

thats the game..from private sellers to car salesmen ect..I wouldnt have given him 35k if I had known..i would have said 32-33K...

I disclosed to the owner and just like that my viper went from 41K to 39k..ive lost 2K...i will sleep a lil better but 2k is 2k..

So dont sit here and try to make me feel bad about doing what almost everyone does..Especially when i did the right thing despite loseing money...

Not everyone here can say that..I GUARANTEE it...So rag on one of them...

OP
OP
T

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
still, not even close to a reason to let a car get repossessed

IMO, thats why toys should be paid for in cash and/or if you cant afford to pay, you dont play...

Spend close to a year trying to find a engine and then tell me that...:dunno:

Sometimes it isnt about money...You can have the money to buy an item but if you cant find it then you cant find it..i went through over 10 differant people who were supposedly selling nsx engines...

but when it came time for someone to inspect the engine they backed out..or a video or pictures they backed out...

The only one I could find was the built by reputable shop nsx engines with 400 HP ect for 10-15K....But I wasnt interested in makeing the nsx big power..That why i bought the Viper...

Again you have to put your self in my shoes..What a horrible situation..

She's good now thouigh....But after all the money lost I just want to dump her

Lundqvist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TWISTER

i think your an odd fellow, i dont mean that in a bad way.. i just mean you seem to think that airing out your dirty laundry on forums is a good idea? im not sure if youve been using the internet for a long time but you serously need to knock that **** off..

and lettting your wife read this thread? where poeple are being ***** to you?

im going to make a few comments on this.. YOUR RIGHT these same assholes who are telling you to be jesus, would bend there own grandmothers over for an extra 2k.. car fax and the title are clean then there CLEAN.. thats it.. you dont have to DIVULGE ****.. **** them who tell you too and **** the guy your selling it too.. heres the car.. heres the price.. inspect the car.. you want it? come and get it.. thats it..

the problem you run into bro is when you start threads talking about your cell phone and how some guy took u for a ride.. and all this personall stuff on the internet and then people bash you for it..

trust me it aint just the viper forum ITS EVERY FORUM.. you think poeple would talk to you this way in a dark alley? hell no.. its the internet where everyone is tough guy.. including me..

personanly? keep the car.. turn it into a street serpeant whatever its called.. paint it green and doa few more mods and youll still come out cheaper.. having an VERT esp in hawaia must be amazing..

anyway good luck to you..

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep the car twisty! throw a TT pkg from RSI then paint the island green with envy!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spend close to a year trying to find a engine and then tell me that...:dunno:

Sometimes it isnt about money...You can have the money to buy an item but if you cant find it then you cant find it..i went through over 10 differant people who were supposedly selling nsx engines...

you dont remember or didnt follow my engine ordeal from 3 years ago. i PAID for TWO viper engines and didnt have a viper to drive for almost TWO YEARS.... youre preaching to the choir.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi