Window Regulator -GEN 3/4 Archilles Heel

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amazing that this gentleman has already done this for the Prowler, and is willing to look at the Viper situation

Tom has made incredible quality parts for Prowlers for years... You couldn't ask for a better aftermarket parts than what Tom makes... He ships on time, makes quality... This is awesome!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a new Viper owner who needs a new regulator for the RH door. He just bought the car and doesn't want to shell out the $ for a new part. Any timeframe you think you may be ready to sell them tmills? He may just hold off and buy the part from you.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The clunking is related....at least by my experience. I had the left hand regulator replaced on one of my 08's at 106 miles and the same side on my other 08 at around 55,000 miles. Both under warranty. And I don't think I would pull the door panel if I were you. Take it to your dealer and get it done under your extended warranty. Just my opinion....

Bill

Yeah, I decided not to bother since I have the warranty and worse case I'd just be out investigation time money.

They looked at it this morning and confirmed it was a bad regulator. A new one is on order. :)

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem with the oem ones they will brake sooner or later and then they replace them with the same junk part, I just want to fix it once and be done.

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem with the oem ones they will brake sooner or later and then they replace them with the same junk part, I just want to fix it once and be done.

If mine wasn't covered by a cost free warranty, I'd totally agree, but for now free is nice. :)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Awesome that it's covered under warranty. You may really, really, really want to stress that they need to be extremely cautious when installing so as to not put too much stress on the long tube during the installation. It's my belief that a good portion of these cracks are caused/started during the installation. I can attest first hand that if you try to force the tube into place, you will crack the tube. :mad:

If mine wasn't covered by a cost free warranty, I'd totally agree, but for now free is nice. :)

Viper007Bond

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome that it's covered under warranty. You may really, really, really want to stress that they need to be extremely cautious when installing so as to not put too much stress on the long tube during the installation. It's my belief that a good portion of these cracks are caused/started during the installation. I can attest first hand that if you try to force the tube into place, you will crack the tube. :mad:

Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to mention it when I take it back in to get the part installed.

pure zen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've got Tom's prototype regulator in my prowler. Works great. I'm sure he'll come up with a fantastic solution for the Gen 3/4 guys very soon.

Same here, Tom's Prowler window regulator replacement units are miles ahead of the Arvin-Meritor OEM crap units that Chrysler opted to place in the Prowlers.

I also have other of Tom's aftermarket parts, and I can agree with Dublin and Kala, Tom's makes quality items. :2tu:

tmills

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. I will have the Viper prototype ready to install in a Viper the first of the week. It has been a real struggle. It is working in my door just fine but I need to install it in a car so that the final adjustments can be made.
So I am as far as I can go until I get a volunteer. If you know of someone in the South Bend, Mishawaka Indiana area please have them get in touch with me.
Tom

Last edited:

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom still needs a vehicle to try his regulator on near South Bend IN...

Contact him asap... He is ready to go

tmills

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to see the prototype working I have it up on Utube. I can post the link here but I don't know if it is acceptable to do so. When I get this project finished I will become a supporting vendor here as I am on prowleronline.com

Last edited:

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool...maybe they'll be nice and waive the first year of sponsorship fees or something since this problem has gone on for so long with no real solutions.

dvhavoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow. That looks awesome. Please post when it will be ready for purchase. I need 2 of them. Thanks :2tu:

tmills

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The window drop is one of the issues that I have to address. I won't know for sure until I can get a Viper to do the install and testing. I am as far as I can go with out a Viper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth