10 second Paxton car

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure why youn guys keep making sh-t up and bashing me for YOUR made up BS???

My second choice for a muscle car with a back seat is a Shelby GT 500. I've been shopping for 1 since before I bought the wife's new Hemi pickup. Challenger SRT8 is $70,000 here.

badgts says you are great at breaking cars. I don't break many cars - and yah, Dodge is the best. ACR is the fastest around the ring. No fantasy in my life.

You'll also notice that I don't tell you all about YOUR and badgts's thoughts and minimal life experiences - because (unlike you guys) I admit I don't know you so I can't know your thoughts any more than you could know mine.

I have GM epxerience and as I've stated in many posts, the company has some issues (like exploding pu gas tanks) that show their social responsibility. Your OK with GM not fixing the gas tanks for decades? OK, but not me. I have many GM experiences, nearly all bad. Wheels falling off of car because the axles broke, 400 harmonic balancers blowing up and cutting fuel lines during drag racing, etc. You have your opinion and it's not mine.

Guess we have different experiences in life. Your fun in life is insulting Dodge guys or do you do the same to the Vette guys on the vette forums?

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted your posts are insane! I have news for you, Vipers break just like every car when modified past the point of the factory engineered parts limit. You rant and rant about Dodge is great and everything else *****, except those Dodge badged Mitubishi's you are so proud of. If you open up your eyes and your mind you might be surprised to find there are a lot of awesome cars out there made by many different companies. I am pretty positive if they designed a new Vette or Mustang or whatever without your knowledge and debadged it and put Dodge embems on it and told you it was a new Dodge model you would be on this board bragging about another superior Dodge product! Then the minute they tell you its just a debadged Mustang you would be running it down, I think your rebadged Mitsubishi Daytona's are proof positve of that. I really feel kind of sorry for you that you have such a closed mind and don't get the chance to experience all the new technology, performance and styling that is being developed every day by individuals somewhat like yourself working for other companies besides Dodge. Before they had Vipers I was partial to Vettes, ZR1's specifically but I am open minded and when I saw the first GTS's I knew that would be my next car and I think the Viper was the best thing that ever happened to the Corvette as it has pushed the Corvette to be better and it has, and it has worked the other way as well. When I read your posts I find them to be one of a kind as the circumstances surely only happen in your world and are surely not common in places where I drive or race which is pretty extensive. I hope one day the ether wears off and you are able to take the blinders off and make real world comparisons based on experience rather than preference, and if or when you do you will find out as wonderful as the Viper may be to you there are other cars out there that are just as capable as a Viper in performance and many that are far superior in many other aspects of driving other than accelleration.
GREAT, GREAT post could not be more correct in every point.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure why youn guys keep making sh-t up and bashing me for YOUR made up BS???

My second choice for a muscle car with a back seat is a Shelby GT 500. I've been shopping for 1 since before I bought the wife's new Hemi pickup. Challenger SRT8 is $70,000 here.

badgts says you are great at breaking cars. I don't break many cars - and yah, Dodge is the best. ACR is the fastest around the ring. No fantasy in my life.

You'll also notice that I don't tell you all about YOUR and badgts's thoughts and minimal life experiences - because (unlike you guys) I admit I don't know you so I can't know your thoughts any more than you could know mine.

I have GM epxerience and as I've stated in many posts, the company has some issues (like exploding pu gas tanks) that show their social responsibility. Your OK with GM not fixing the gas tanks for decades? OK, but not me. I have many GM experiences, nearly all bad. Wheels falling off of car because the axles broke, 400 harmonic balancers blowing up and cutting fuel lines during drag racing, etc. You have your opinion and it's not mine.

Guess we have different experiences in life. Your fun in life is insulting Dodge guys or do you do the same to the Vette guys on the vette forums?

Ted
Ted what does the above rant have to do with the topic of this post(SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY-*** ).Ted do yourself a favor here and do a little research on this topic BEFORE you comment .In this particular case find out the name of the guy who holds the STOCK DRAG RACING RECORDS for the Gen 4 Viper ,Gen 2 Viper ,Z06 Corvette ect.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe/Ted, you guys STOP replying to each other and making it personal. I'm really weary of this, maybe both of you should drop out of this thread and put each other on ignore as you've both made your point.

And a particular point to Joe.....This is The official site for the DODGE Viper, if Ted seems unaturally addicted to the DODGE brand that's perfectly ok and it's not your job to convince him otherwise
And as an aside it would be really ok with me if I never saw you write the words Evan Smith or Mustang again.

And a point to Ted, your fuse is way too short about any criticism of Dodge, even though this IS the DODGE Viper site.

It's just the internet guys, not the United Nations. Keep cool, debate the issues WITHOUT taking potshots at each other.
Everytime you guys start up with each other you ruin the content of the thread over a tiny issue.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really should not(the amount of traction is no where near a slick ) BUT that to can depend on track prep (VHT )ect.As i said earylier when i was racing no sticky tire was worth (to me at least )the MAJOR COST, MAINT ECT problems that came with them since my Viper was driven on the street 3000 miles per year.I basically wanted to street drive it and go to the track (whenever )without problems.All in all between the mag tests and personal use my Gts probably had over 1000 runs on it down the strip (stock tires )and never once did i have a driveline related issue.Dont get me wrong I KNOW I WAS LEAVING a ton on the table( on stock tires the best it ever ran on motor was 11.2 at132)but .

I keep reading your statements about the huge difference in drag radials and slicks. I disagree. With todays drag radials there isn't that much difference. Also, 99% of Vipers would be running a DOT tire (ET Streets etc.) rather than a true slick so that's the real comparison.
Bottom line....if you want the ET your car is capable of you have to have the correct tire. No different than lap times on a road course. Sometimes you will break if it's an on going thing. To each his own......if you are going to play, sometimes you have to pay. It's waaaaaay more simple than all the crap that has been posted on this thread :D

Also on safety equipment......it is track dependent. That is why the V10 races were held at certain tracks and not others. For the occasional blast down the track, pick the correct track and choose as you deem fit your safety equipment :headbang:

Crappy drag radial pass with stock halfshafts, stock clutch, stock transmission etc:D :[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlcqUOoigXw&feature=player_embedded[/media]

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1N7hDUVCz4&NR=1[/media]

As far as what Tony was saying about the drag radials the "World's Fastest Viper went 7.5 with drs" in this vid.

The big advantage of drag radials is that they are much easier to control, go straighter and don're required an body modifications for taller drag slicks.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZymTLk2a8s&NR=1[/media]

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep reading your statements about the huge difference in drag radials and slicks. I disagree. With todays drag radials there isn't that much difference. Also, 99% of Vipers would be running a DOT tire (ET Streets etc.) rather than a true slick so that's the real comparison.
Bottom line....if you want the ET your car is capable of you have to have the correct tire. No different than lap times on a road course. Sometimes you will break if it's an on going thing. To each his own......if you are going to play, sometimes you have to pay. It's waaaaaay more simple than all the crap that has been posted on this thread :D

Also on safety equipment......it is track dependent. That is why the V10 races were held at certain tracks and not others. For the occasional blast down the track, pick the correct track and choose as you deem fit your safety equipment :headbang:

Crappy drag radial pass with stock halfshafts, stock clutch, stock transmission etc:D :[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlcqUOoigXw&feature=player_embedded[/media]
Tony if you want to call ET Streets drag radials thats your business .My point was any tire that enables a Viper to run 1.3 sixty foot times will sooner or later cost the owner big time.Saftey equiptment wise the owner also should realize that if they dont comply there taking a CHANCE of getting booted(if someone spends tens of thousands on upgrades to compete in an event and cant pass tech thats a chance they are taking but it should be known now-before they spend the money )

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony if you want to call ET Streets drag radials thats your business .

That's not what I said.
The comment on ET Streets was that Vipers don't run slicks (99%) They would be running ET Streets which is a DOT tire.The comparison should be Drag radials vs ET Streets not Drag Radials vs slicks.

And sure....at some point stuff is going to break. I see your point.

My other point is...you can run 12's or you can run 10's and 9's and risk/eventually break something. Big spread but you get the point :D

Last edited:

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok guys give me some advice. I have 800 hp convertible. I only drag race about one day a year where we normally rent out the track for ourselves and friends. Last year on ps2s front and rear I was spinning in all 4 gears and I felt very unsafe.

What are your suggestions to buy just for that once a year outing to be safter and not spinning tires. Keep the ps2s on the front and get some drag radials for the back and put them on the day before? Buy a 2nd set of rear rims? Can I run ps2s on the front and drag radials on the back? I dont want to get into major modfications because this only once a year and its a convertible so roll cages are out.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
most of the serious track drivers would tell guys like you and I to learn how to drive. but id think a set of DR on the rear should be fine. i know its an issue if you wanted to go out on the street and take some turns hard but this is straight line.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys give me some advice. I have 800 hp convertible. I only drag race about one day a year where we normally rent out the track for ourselves and friends. Last year on ps2s front and rear I was spinning in all 4 gears and I felt very unsafe.

What are your suggestions to buy just for that once a year outing to be safter and not spinning tires. Keep the ps2s on the front and get some drag radials for the back and put them on the day before? Buy a 2nd set of rear rims? Can I run ps2s on the front and drag radials on the back? I dont want to get into major modfications because this only once a year and its a convertible so roll cages are out.
The Micket Thompsons in question (1.3 sixty foot times )are not made to be run with the Pilots on the street( though tech they are drag radial) .Something like a BF Goodrich (if you can buy the proper size )can be mixed with the Pilots but is only good enough for a few tenths off the stock tires These things can get crazy because people spend tons of dollars on mods and cant put the power down to the ground anyway (tires and drivers ).If they upgrade to a tire in which they can put the power to the ground its impractical and even more costly.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well this is my 2nd viper and I've had ferraris and lambos etc. I can drive pretty well, I'm just not a drag strip kinda guy. All I know is my car makes so much power that I can floor it in any gear above 4k rpms and the tires will start to spin, and the car will begin to slide sideways: meaning I dont have enough tire grip. When I goto the track and your trying to go all out in each gear and there isnt enough tire grip, thats the reason I'd like to have more tire grip just for the day, yet not break stuff. ah if only life was that simple! ;)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well this is my 2nd viper and I've had ferraris and lambos etc. I can drive pretty well, I'm just not a drag strip kinda guy. All I know is my car makes so much power that I can floor it in any gear above 4k rpms and the tires will start to spin, and the car will begin to slide sideways: meaning I dont have enough tire grip. When I goto the track and your trying to go all out in each gear and there isnt enough tire grip, thats the reason I'd like to have more tire grip just for the day, yet not break stuff. ah if only life was that simple! ;)
I know exactly what your going thru as years ago my buddy Dan Black had a DLM Viper that made around 750 to the tire .The best drivers could not hook the car on Pilots .I got it tested by the mags and Dan (who owned slicks and skinnys from a previous Viper )ran the stock Pilots because he didnt want to break anything .

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My DLM Viper with Pirelli street tires ran a 10.40 @ 139.9mph. 36,000 miles on the set-up and never once did I have a problem.

Thanks Doug Levin for building me a bulletproof car if there is such a thing.