ACR and Aero packages ready

Grant

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mark,

Please inform the powers that be that at those prices at least one ACR owner is having the stock pieces copied if he damages his car.

The rub strips and splitter extension will be the easiest pieces to copy. No way am I paying a ton of money for those, either.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd still like to know the price of the splitter by itself - without rub strips. Let's face it, if you damage the rear wing you have a whole other slew of problems besides the wing. The splitter is easily damaged by road debris, a rabbit, a parking error. Likely the only thing could damage the wing without totaling the rest of the car would be a low flying goose. Possible but not likely!

Even if you damage the splitter the rub strips are likely to survive so I'd like to know the price of the splitter itself as that's most likely what I'll end up buying - or having made.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, If this thread get's linked to a Civic site there'll be wings available next week for $1500. Likely the quality won't be as good but it'll be close.

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With OEM prices that stupid, aftermarket guys like Autoform and AP Engineering should be chomping at the bit.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew Chrysler's parts pricing was high (compared to actual cost;)) but that is a new one!!:omg: What is the material - gold!;)

Also if I may ask, I am somewhat confused here. Is a Aero package not the same as a ACR's aero equipment i.e. the same pices?? Was the Aero Package a special edition??

Thanks!

Robert

Last edited:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get ready for a nice 'black market' to develop for these parts, and don't park your ACR without a guard. I'm glad I waited to buy, this just made up my mind for me. I wouldn't even buy a used one based on this stupidity. Congrats SRT or whoever sets the prices, you just drove down your own stock and torpedo'd your car. Viper's main advantage to me was 'somewhat' reasonable cost to track the car.

Let me guess, they are thinking, hey if ppl will pay $40k for a full carbonceramic brake set, why not charge that for the aero package??? LOL

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd still like to know the price of the splitter by itself - without rub strips. Let's face it, if you damage the rear wing you have a whole other slew of problems besides the wing. The splitter is easily damaged by road debris, a rabbit, a parking error. Likely the only thing could damage the wing without totaling the rest of the car would be a low flying goose. Possible but not likely!

Even if you damage the splitter the rub strips are likely to survive so I'd like to know the price of the splitter itself as that's most likely what I'll end up buying - or having
made.

While at prefix during VOI I asked that question, the rub strip is $1000. Another thread lists the front splitter at $22,000, is that with or without the rubstrip? I dunno.
I just retained some Brinks guys to roll with me in case I have to park some where and somebody wants to unbolt any part of my retirement fund. :rolaugh:

Seriously, maybe we should not get too excited until we hear from Dodge on this, I think carbon fiber is in short supply due to military needs but I'm not sure if that's the issue driving price up.
Your National Officers are traveling to Detroit next week and will be meeting with SRT, there are two of us who have new ACR's. We will see what we can learn about this and report back.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is good for the value of the ACR, bad for anyone who wants to drive the one they own or track it. No wonder this is released when they claim to have sold out.

At least there wont be faux ACR's running around.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
Chris,

I suspected that also but the people at Mopar said yep that is what they are... and the prices were not rounded numbers they had cents and everything. Someone went to extra trouble to fill spaces. I hope they are also way off base but I could not find anyone to confirm or deny pricing. People will undoubtedly be making copies even if the prices end up at half of this and Mopar will loose out on all the sales.

I guess we will just have to wait and see what the manufacturer does when they see this thread and the reactions. Maybe this will "help" them price things realistically.

Those prices are misprints - placeholders and nothing more. More later.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're expecting to make money off insurance claims not trackers and posers. The trackers are all gonna go aftermarket or fab their own from molds of the original.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I had my 996 GT3, I thought adding an RS wing for $3000 was too much. Porsche now needs to learn from Dodge. But there's an upside to every story, and it is ..... I got a brand new 2008 Viper without the aero kit for less than $60K ($100K - $42K). Or if someone were to offer me $30K for my aero kit, I may just drive around naked (car naked and you don't want to see me naked) and pocket the change.

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
This is a much cheaper alternative if you are interested and do not want to wait or pay huge prices for the ACR stuff.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
One of our club members is a very successful carbon fiber guy.

He does business with Dan Gurney's All American Racing Products. These guys build first class carbon fiber race products. If the prices for our ACR and other carbon fiber pieces end up to be stupid, as it sounds, I'm sure we can come up with something.

If true, it's sad to see Dodge try and do this to us.

Dan

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This info is right out of Chrysler's parts books that EVERY Dodge Dealer have, as of 11/10/2008: Start chewing! :omg:

08/09 Aero parts:

Front Splitter Kit #68050001AB MSRP $24,010.00
Cable Kit #68050006AB MSRP $1255.00
Skid Strip Kit #68050016AB MSRP $1215.00
Dive plates #68050018AB MSRP $3500.00
Extension Kit [Front Tooth] #68050015AB MSRP $919.00

Wing Kit:
Sales code APQ #68050021AB MSRP $8835.00
Sales code AP6 #68050022AB MSRP $7105.00
W/out APQ/AP6 #68050023AB $12,930.00
End Plate Kit:
ACR #68050024AA MSRP $1400.00