Dusty Viper-What do you do?

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, Denniskgb's tip worked great!! No haze. Thanks buddy. No more spray detailers for me. Armourall Cleaner is the way for me.
I am glad to hear that. I was sceptical first when my neighbour told me that but what a difference, after all said and done. Pass it along to others.:D

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With garage dust, I use very warm water, no soap and a microfiber rag turning and rinsing it frequently. Then use spray wax in between paste waxings. It really doesn't take that long.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my car gets dusty I just sell it and buy another one that isn't dusty. I save a lot of money on spray detailers and microfiber cloths

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my car gets dusty I just sell it and buy another one that isn't dusty. I save a lot of money on spray detailers and microfiber cloths

I did not think of that:omg: that is a great solution to the whole thing.:lmao: I should try it

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not use a California Duster on a hot car either. It is saturated with paraffin wax, and it will melt and transfer to the paint. No biggie, as it can easily be buffed off, but still works better on a cool car. (and Vipers are cool cars)

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not use a California Duster on a hot car either. It is saturated with paraffin wax, and it will melt and transfer to the paint. No biggie, as it can easily be buffed off, but still works better on a cool car. (and Vipers are cool cars)

I've noticed this, too. Good post.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the dust is dry and loose, take the car to a safe and deserted part of the highway in Mexico. Accelerate until the oncoming air removes the dust. Drive home.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since I have a black car it shows dusty more than others. This time of the year I can wash it and it even gets dusty in the garage. I have used a California duster for 3 - 4 years; but, I just ordered two microfiber blankets to place on it after it is washed and put back in the garage. Car covers are too much trouble; but, I figured just laying a couple of these blankets on it should keep off most dust.

I know some will attack this; but, hey others attack the California duster too.

Black Adder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
johniew398
I have just purchased a Voodoo ACR so have the sme black problem what do you mean by microfiber blanket?

Last edited:

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new Adam's Detail Spray does not streak at all. I do recommend a waffle weaved towel if you are going to wipe off dust. The waffle weave cuts your contact area in half and give the dirt somewhere to go.

aqwut

Enthusiast
Reaction score
normal dust. I have been using the california duster, then adams detail spray and microfiber cloth.
Bugged out, I use pressure washer, then summer time windshield washer fluid and microfiber cloth and then adams and microfiber cloth.
Rain driving, pressure washer and dry her up with a microfiber cloth.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also try microfiber cloth and a bottle of armorall cleaner bottle spray. Sounds weird but detail sprays haze the paint while this stuff shines it up incredibly. My next door neighbour has a show car and suggested that as an old trick. Really works. My detail sprays have been thrown out.

Yep, Denniskgb's tip worked great!! No haze. Thanks buddy. No more spray detailers for me. Armourall Cleaner is the way for me.

Well, I tried this a couple of times now and couldn't get good results... left a haze worse than anything I've used. I tested the Armor All 78513 Multi-Purpose Cleaner - 16 oz.
Tried it with new micro-towels in sun, out of sun, different type towels all left a haze.
So yesterday I pulled the car under the shade trees, washed it well, hit it with the Master Blaster everywhere, then tried it again.
I did a section approx 18" x 18" and noticed immediate haze. :dunno:

Walked into garage and grabbed...

Meguires Gold Class™ Premium Quik Detailer®24 oz.
Product number: G7624 | SKU: 070382007201

Formulated to work especially well on dark colors and is perfect for removing dust and fingerprints. Leaves an ultra-slick, ultra-dark appearance and is safe to use on all paint finishes.

• Delivers a dark, super glossy finish.
• Makes black cars blacker!
• Delivers same cleaning ability as our other detailers

Instant success! I put it right over the same area and it shined right up. Car looks great. :1up:
I'm thinking you guys might have lighter paint??... my emerald green is very dark and can look black on overcast days. Maybe that shows the haze with the armor all??
Anyways, I gave it several shots and it isn't for me.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could have saved yourself a whole lotta headache and used Zaino's Z6. Much better product.